“Pretty good stay”

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Cape Girardeau
“Pretty good stay”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel was okay. I thought housekeeping could've done a little better job on cleaning. We stayed for 4 nights and I guess they thought they didn't have to clean good or vacuum since we were staying awhile. They were also stingy with their towels, and didn't replace the plastic cups each day. The best thing about the stay was the front desk staff was nice enough to let us do a late check-out of 4:00 on our last day there. Another nice thing is It's a convenient location right off of I-40, and there are tons of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2012

If only the inside was as attractive as the outside. We stayed one night on our way to Nashville. I don't require much for a one night stay. The desk clerk was nice. The price was good. The room was clean. The location was safe And close to I 40.

Uh oh !!! The bed was like laying on plywood. The pillows were fresh from the sponge factory. The AC could not be run because it smelled like someone wrung out a diaper in it. This is my second bad experience with this chain. Must be their business plan.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located for dining and shopping in the Jackson Area. However, there are some drawbacks about this property that would encourage me not to stay there again. It is not good for business travelers. There is no business center and no printer hooked up to the desktop computer in the lobby. I wasn't even able to print my boarding pass, although the evening desk clerk said I could email it to the hotel and they would print it. When I tried to do that the next morning, the day shift desk clerk had no idea how she would print it if I emailed it to the hotel.

When I walked in to the hotel, it smelled very musty. The rooms are dated, but the bed was reasonably comfortable. I was out of my room from 8am - 3:30 pm and housekeeping never did get to my room. I left shortly after that for the evening, and did not want them in the room after I left, but 7.5 hours is enough time for housekeeping to have gotten to my room before then. Even if they were running late, they made no attempt to leave a message asking if I needed anything. While I was okay with not having my room serviced (I wasn't there much and only for 2 nights), I worked housekeeping for a number of years while in school and the lack of effort is not acceptable. When I mentioned it to the clerk at the front desk as I checked out the next day, she did apologize but no effort was made to do anything else about the lack of service.

Overall the staff were nice. However, one afternoon I went to the front desk three times to get some information and no one was there. They may be short of staff or expecting the desk clerks to do things away from the desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Randolph, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2012

First time staying at a Jameson Inn while passing through the area. Check-in was very helpful and friendly. Man at front desk's name was Jameson. I asked for box of tissues since the box in the room was emply, and an extra towel. Jameson got both for me. He also told us exactly how to connect to the Wi-fi. The bathroom had a tub and toilet and a fan that worked! The vanity was outside but just across from the bathroom. Could have used a place to hang hand towels near the sink. The doors on the rooms and the bathrooms doors are the six panel type like you would see on your house. Nice touch!! Breakfast had biscuits & gravy, cereals, toastable stuff, beverages, and waffles to make. Sugar-free syrup!! This hotel is in a very commercial area with lots of stores(more coming) and restaurants. Right off the highway. But the room was quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
milwaukee
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This Jamison Inn was a disappointment. From the pilled flowered bedspread to moldy bathroom ceiling, it was not worth the price. I would rate it like a Super 8. Spend $20 more and stay in a better hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
Seale, Alabama, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I broke down in Jackson on a friday afternoon. We found out the we would not be able to get our truck fixed untill monday morning. I was worried about where I was gonna put my animals they surely could not stay in a broke down truck. I asked about pet friendly hotels and the tow truck driver told me about the Jameson Inn. Through the weekend even though it was stressful the help at the hotel was above and beyond amazing. The breakfast was great the rooms were spotless and the hospitality was outstanding. If I am ever in the Jackson area again for any period of time I know exactly where I will be staying. It is rare to find a hotel that will alow animals and for that I am also thankful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I prefer a room close to the outside door.