“Really nice place to stay!”

Howard Johnson Inn Jackson
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed May 13, 2012

First time staying at a Jameson Inn while passing through the area. Check-in was very helpful and friendly. Man at front desk's name was Jameson. I asked for box of tissues since the box in the room was emply, and an extra towel. Jameson got both for me. He also told us exactly how to connect to the Wi-fi. The bathroom had a tub and toilet and a fan that worked! The vanity was outside but just across from the bathroom. Could have used a place to hang hand towels near the sink. The doors on the rooms and the bathrooms doors are the six panel type like you would see on your house. Nice touch!! Breakfast had biscuits & gravy, cereals, toastable stuff, beverages, and waffles to make. Sugar-free syrup!! This hotel is in a very commercial area with lots of stores(more coming) and restaurants. Right off the highway. But the room was quiet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This Jamison Inn was a disappointment. From the pilled flowered bedspread to moldy bathroom ceiling, it was not worth the price. I would rate it like a Super 8. Spend $20 more and stay in a better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I broke down in Jackson on a friday afternoon. We found out the we would not be able to get our truck fixed untill monday morning. I was worried about where I was gonna put my animals they surely could not stay in a broke down truck. I asked about pet friendly hotels and the tow truck driver told me about the Jameson Inn. Through the weekend even though it was stressful the help at the hotel was above and beyond amazing. The breakfast was great the rooms were spotless and the hospitality was outstanding. If I am ever in the Jackson area again for any period of time I know exactly where I will be staying. It is rare to find a hotel that will alow animals and for that I am also thankful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I prefer a room close to the outside door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alisha B
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Friendly staff. Located just off I40 in an area where there are numerous choices for dining. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Room had lots of lighting. Large dressing area located separate from bathroom. TV is not flat screen, but reception was good. Breakfast area was roomy and choices were adequate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ARtraveler63
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights, no problems, clean rooms with one exception,the in room coffee maker had an old k cup still in the bin.Other than that no issues,wi fi little slow now and then.Close to shopping and lots of eats,minutes to I 40.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine,there are a few smoking rooms on the third floor, but smelled no smoke.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rauschie
Debbie M, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. While we make customer service a priority here at the Jameson Inn, we cannot deny that our location makes us a top pick in Jackson TN. Located on the corner of I40 and the Bypass, right in The Columns, which is a commercial subdivision with a fantastic array of some of the best restaurants you'll find anywhere, not to mention the shopping....Our area is attractive and convenient. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

It was a little tricky to find- but when I called, the front desk gave me clear and precise directions. The room was great and very clean. Breakfast was great- biscuits, sausage,gravy, waffles and fruit. Everything was great!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cupcake8million
Debbie M, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! There's nothing we like more than hearing from a satisfied guest. We are thrilled to know that you found our rooms, our breakfast, our staff, everything....great! And we hope to be able to serve you again soon. Thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn in Jackson, TN.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stay here every time we come to this area. The employees are always helpful and the rooms are clean and very nice. The manager, Debbie Miller, is welcoming and helpful!! We will continue to stay at the Jameson!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn W

Hearing from a satisfied guest is one of the most rewarding parts of our job! That's why we appreciate your sharing your experiences with us here on TripAdvisor. We love it that you find our hotel pleasant and welcoming, as well as the staff, and we hope to see you again, many times. Thank you for staying with us.