“Great Place To Stay”

Howard Johnson Inn Jackson
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I broke down in Jackson on a friday afternoon. We found out the we would not be able to get our truck fixed untill monday morning. I was worried about where I was gonna put my animals they surely could not stay in a broke down truck. I asked about pet friendly hotels and the tow truck driver told me about the Jameson Inn. Through the weekend even though it was stressful the help at the hotel was above and beyond amazing. The breakfast was great the rooms were spotless and the hospitality was outstanding. If I am ever in the Jackson area again for any period of time I know exactly where I will be staying. It is rare to find a hotel that will alow animals and for that I am also thankful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I prefer a room close to the outside door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alisha B

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Friendly staff. Located just off I40 in an area where there are numerous choices for dining. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Room had lots of lighting. Large dressing area located separate from bathroom. TV is not flat screen, but reception was good. Breakfast area was roomy and choices were adequate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ARtraveler63
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights, no problems, clean rooms with one exception,the in room coffee maker had an old k cup still in the bin.Other than that no issues,wi fi little slow now and then.Close to shopping and lots of eats,minutes to I 40.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine,there are a few smoking rooms on the third floor, but smelled no smoke.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rauschie
Debbie M, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. While we make customer service a priority here at the Jameson Inn, we cannot deny that our location makes us a top pick in Jackson TN. Located on the corner of I40 and the Bypass, right in The Columns, which is a commercial subdivision with a fantastic array of some of the best restaurants you'll find anywhere, not to mention the shopping....Our area is attractive and convenient. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

It was a little tricky to find- but when I called, the front desk gave me clear and precise directions. The room was great and very clean. Breakfast was great- biscuits, sausage,gravy, waffles and fruit. Everything was great!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cupcake8million
Debbie M, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! There's nothing we like more than hearing from a satisfied guest. We are thrilled to know that you found our rooms, our breakfast, our staff, everything....great! And we hope to be able to serve you again soon. Thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn in Jackson, TN.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stay here every time we come to this area. The employees are always helpful and the rooms are clean and very nice. The manager, Debbie Miller, is welcoming and helpful!! We will continue to stay at the Jameson!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn W

Hearing from a satisfied guest is one of the most rewarding parts of our job! That's why we appreciate your sharing your experiences with us here on TripAdvisor. We love it that you find our hotel pleasant and welcoming, as well as the staff, and we hope to see you again, many times. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

On our first stay, everything went well. However, in the return trip, we had a little longer stay the next morning. While having breakfast in the eating area, the staff were standing just outside the front door smoking which ruined our breakfast. Also, after finishing their smoke, they came into the breakfast area. If the guests and staff need a smoke, there should be a designated area away from the other guests other than just outside the front door. Also, they should consider putting an awning up for the guest when it is raining.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Debbie M, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

First of all, let me thank you for staying with us. We are never happy to hear that a guest was anything less than 100% satisfied. We work hard to maintain a well-functioning hotel with a friendly and helpful desk staff, clean rooms, and great breakfast. Please know that we share all of our reviews, positive and negative, with our entire staff. Your comments will be addressed with every member of staff we can specifically identify, and read to each department in our regular meetings. We do not take these reviews lightly, and I assure you that I will personally address your feedback with each department manager and require their appropriate followup. We have a designated breakfast area for employees to use, and I am very dissapointed to hear they failed to follow proper procedures. Again, I truly apologize and hope that sometime in the future you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Kind regards,

Debbie

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times on business. Jackson is known for it's horrendous choice of hotels. Generally, the hotels are very bad or very expensive. The Jameson is a very clean, quiet hotel with good rooms and an above average free breakfast. The room rate is excellent. Rooms are good sized and comfortable.

It has an outside pool and fitness center; staff has been helpful on both of my trips. Good internet speed also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate. However, the hotel is good even if one isn't available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you! We agree....the Jameson Inn here in Jackson TN is a very nice hotel! And we also agree that our rates are very reasonable. We are delighted that you have found our staff helpful during your visits with us, and we hope you will stay with us again very soon!