“This is an excellent 2-2.5 star hotel experience”

Howard Johnson Inn Jackson
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was nervous about staying here after reading some Trip Advisor reviews, but this is the hotel I was booked on through Priceline. After getting my bid accepted by Priceline, I then Googled the hotel and saw the negative feedback.
1. I called the hotel and advised them of their negative comments on TA.
2. I let them know that my reservation is booked but my expectation is that I will not see any of these challenges.
3. When I arrived late in the evening, the front desk was friendly at night and in the morning.
4. The room was clean and more updated than expected.
5. Breakfast was basic, but I didn't expect much. It was something to chew on.
6. I would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Debbie M, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

We are truly delighted to hear about your pleasant stay with us here in Jackson! Our location directly between Nashville and Memphis does present a convenient stop for many travelers. It is certainly our intention to offer our services of clean rooms and a terrific breakfast with a smile, and we are thrilled to know that you found your stay with us a positive one. We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Jackson

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel on many different occasions and it is always a great experience. The rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is what I'm looking for and the people are very friendly. Overall a consistently very good experience..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Debbie M, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts concerning our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you have enjoyed the amenities we offer at the Jameson Inn in Jackson! We do make it a priority to ensure the satisfaction of all our guests, but we are particularly pleased to receive a commendation from a repeat visitor.

We always try to maintain a consistent standard here. Clean rooms and fresh linen, a great breakfast and friendly staff - not to mention our fabulous location in the Columns - helps us to offer what we believe is the best deal in Jackson, Tennessee.

But again, thank you for sharing. We hope to look forward to seeing you again, many times.

Debbie Miller, GM

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I checked into this room shocked to see the bathroom had a gaping hole in the ceiling, water leaking from the hole, and black mold along the wall. Reported it to the general manager and was told,"If I dont like the room, I cant go to another hotel". Such professionalism. There are several other hotels in the area, my suggestion...GO THERE !!

Room Tip: Skip this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael W
Lenabug, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

As we mentioned when you were checking in, this room was under repair and was our last room. We offered the room to you only as an option and when you made the choice to stay, we felt that you were OK.

I sincerely apologize that you were dissatisfied with your stay. If you are in the Jackson area again, I would welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on a future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

Kind regards,

Debbie Miller

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Looked good on outside, but room was tiny and had very bad odor. I have never seen such a small bathroom in a hotel. Pool was nice, breakfast was ok. Staff friendly to customers, but there seems to be bad blood among staff. I will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank I_Will_Rate
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I checked into the Jameson Inn today at about 8:30 pm, after driving 12 hrs and when i walked in i was greated by a smile and was takin care of FAST, I have been in many hotels in the past 10 years but never was i givin such great service as i was when i got there. And when i was going to get a bite to eat she asked if my room was ok and i never have been asked that before and it gave me a feeling that i truely was a guest and respected as one and it felt great! thanks Jameson Inn in Jackson, you made it home away from home for me! I will choose Jameson Inn every chance i get from now on!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Between July 11th and July 16th, 2011, I stayed at the Jamison Inn in Jackson, TN while away from home on company business. As a full- time professional motorcoach operator, I had driven a church youth group from Columbia, SC to Union University in Jackson, TN for a weeklong "Centrifuge" conference. The group leader was very kind and booked me a "premium king" room at this hotel. As someone who travels extensively and has stayed at just about every hotel and motel chain there is, both large and small, I must report that the only thing nice about this hotel was it's location. Additionally, the hotel allows pets in select rooms (separate fee required). The hotel is two miles from Union University and is within walking distance to a large shopping plaza with major name stores and restaurants. The Casey Jones Railroad Museum is a short drive away. For some I suppose, something is certainly better than nothing. In hindsight, I truly wish that I had reported what I found to be disgusting conditions, as I detail below, to the county health department. The bathroom is slightly larger than a standard "water closet". Designed on an angle, there is just enough room for a toilet and tub/shower. The arm on the recliner, located next to the bed and head, was almost completely broken off. The furniture looked far less than appealing. Portions of the furniture looked as if a puppy, or small dog, had been chewing on it. On my second day there, I completely stripped the linens from the bed and pillows, after feeling crawly and in need of a shower from the night before. When I pulled the sheets off the bed, one by one, every sheet was found to be stained to some disgusting degree and yellowing. The pillows were all stained. Even with clean pillow cases, I piled them all up in the corner, behind the recliner, and instead used my travel pillow. I took some pictures of their pillows, one of which appeared to have a dark-brown streak running down it's side. When I approached a young male manager at the front desk and requested another room, I was told that there were no more rooms in the same category that the group had reserved for me at $79.00 per night. Instead of changing my room, this young manager came to the room to see just what I was so irate about. After just a few moments, the manager left and  one of the housekeepers, Victoria, was asked to come and change all of my bed linens. When Victoria arrived, all of the linens had been placed in a pile next to the front door. After putting down what at first appeared to be a clean sheet, she quickly removed it from the bed and stated that she would go and get me another. The same thing happened when she brought in what appeared to be a new comforter. When I asked if there were any newer pillows, I was told that there were not any newer pillows and that all of the pillows are pretty much the same. Victoria stated something to the effect that new and clean pillows are difficult to keep as guests often will take them from the room. All of the comforters appeared to have holes and tears in them. The TV was probably 25 inches. Despite having cable, the picture was fuzzy but viewable. The breakfast bar was okay. After five days, hot waffles, bagels, muffins, biscuits with gravy, and cereal were getting pretty bland. The hotel really did nothing to change it's selection. Overall, as by now I'm sure that you can easily tell, I did not enjoy my overall stay at this establishment. In the future, I hope to never experience what I endured here.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank TillettMD
Reviewed June 30, 2011

...........the room is VERY large and the bathroom is VERY small!!!
I DO mean small! The room is kind of "tired" and needs new paint,etc. But there is everything in the room you need, mini-fridge, microwave, separate sink and dressing area (away from toilet and shower/tub) and the front desk staff are excellent. The swimming pool is nice after a hot day, and the complimentary breakfast is outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple