“Good hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 17, 2009

If you're passing through Jackson, this is a pretty good place to stay. It is basically what you would expect from a Doubletree Hotel. Nothing extra special here, but there was nothing to disappoint. It appears to have been remodeled fairly recently, so that is a positive. The location isn't the nicest area, but if you are just looking for a place that is close to I-40 with some places to eat nearby, then this is a good choice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 4, 2009

Well if you exclude that the maid stole an Ipod touch and cash out of my briefcase while supposedly cleaning the room I guess it was okay. The general manager never contacted me regarding the claim.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank stacer219
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Booked this hotel using my Hilton Honors Points for an overnight stay for my 20th Class Reunion. The reunion was held at the Holiday Inn in Jackson, TN, but I chose the Doubletree instead due to recent renovations made and the Holiday Inn looking a little worn around the edges. The room's decor was superb: Contemporary style with great colors, nice bathroom, rain shower head and very comfortable bed. It even had both and outdoor and indoor pool available, and not to mention the signature chocolate chip cookies that you can get from the front desk upon request...always warm. I will definitely stay here again whether paying out of pocket or using my points.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LilGirlNavy
Reviewed September 15, 2009

The staff is all very friendly. The rooms are immaculately clean. Our bathroom door was quite beat up though - I suppose showing signs of its age. The bathroom fixtures are very nice and modern. The pool was freezing cold though. After we checked into our room, the desk called to make sure everything was ok. We also ordered room service and the restaurant called afterwards to make sure our meals were to our liking. Great service! Pretty comfortable beds too. We had problems with the internet connection during peak evening hours, but later in the night it was fine so I think it was just very busy.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyStayEat
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed one night, a Friday night. The staff was very helpful. The room was spacious and everything was clean. Everyone enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie. The room was a good value for $99. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet (only $8.99) with a large group in the morning as we were there for an afternoon wedding. The pool was clean and cool with an indoor and an outdoor section with a connection. The hotel is located on a main north south 4 lane highway. At rush hour the traffic built up considerably. This hotel is likely the nicest place to stay in Jackson. My sister opt'ed ot stay at the Holiday Inn as they offered rooms with two queen sized beds, while we had two full sized beds. She paid $75 on Hotwire for her stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eatmoresalmon
Reviewed August 14, 2009

First, the check-in staff was not notch. The room was a bit small, but comfortable, and the bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately, the room was warm, even with the air turned down as cool as possible, and the air conditioner was EXTREMELY LOUD! It ran, peetered out, clankly loudly and kicked back on - every few minutes all day, all night!

Second, there was no available coffee, except for a paper cup in the room that offered watery coffe from a little tea bag type bag YUK! I suppose I could have bought coffee in the restaurant, but that leads to...

Third, the newly renovated restaurant was very stylish, and the staff was very nice....but the food was mediocore at best, with very small servings for the price, and way over priced - the bread pudding serving was at most a 2 inch square, and it was $7.00...I got a drink served in a martini glass, less than half full, and it too was $7.00. My salad entree was primarily 3 heads of romaine, whole, with a cold piece of unflavorful chicken and store bought croutons - it was difficult to cut, eat, and unimpressive at $12.00. I left a bit hungry, frustrated, and unwilling to go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2009

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Jackson during your recent business trip in Jackson. I was sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. However, I was glad to know that you found our beds featuring our Sweet Dreams Bedding comfortable.

During these warmer summer days we take extra measures to see that our guestrooms are at a comfortable temperature for our guests. Therefore, I apologize for the fact that you were not satisfied with the air unit in your guest room. We appreciate your feed back and hope this will not be an issue for any of our guests in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

Seriously great hotel. They have renovated the restaurant and it rocks. Great food, great service. The rooms are large and the staff is totally awesome. We do have choice when it comes to hotels in the Jackson area, but I have not found a hotel with a more friendly and knowledgable staff. Why go elsewhere when you can stay at the best.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business