“Could have been better”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It seemed that things were out of whack when we were there. The check in process was lengthy and they were not prepared for us. However, I did not see that happen again while we were there. The phones did not work the whole time but there had been some sort of ongoing problem that was resolved the morning we checked out. The room was very nice and the staff were definitely helpful. It was restful and clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank singerteacher

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Overall a good experience. Nice to have a restaurant on site. Convenient to everywhere I wanted to go. Nice to have meeting rooms. I appreciate them having recycling boxes on site. All the personnel I came into contact with were pleasant, professional, and helpful.Comfortable lobby.

1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was shocked this property was a Double Tree. The clerk at the front best had no idea what she was doing. She couldn't get me a room I wanted, took forever, etc. The morning buffet was also poor- you get better food at Holiday Inn Express.

2  Thank Peakperformer56
LeighAnn D, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in our service and amenities. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing

LeighAnn Duke
Director of Sales

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great! I always stay here when I have busness in Jackson. The staff is always nice, the rooms are clean and I am able to relax. If you have a meeting here, the staff is always helpful and everything is assured to go smoothly

1  Thank jordans484
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The quality of the hotel is as expected. The room was crisp and clean. Only thing, when the heat started, it made a sound that was distracting until I got used to it. The amenities were good quality. The restaurant was convenient, the Shrimp and Grits were good, but I thought a little high priced. The pepper shaker's holes were too small to make it worth your while to shake it. I would stay here again when in the Jackson TN area. It was more affordable than the new Hampton Inn in the area.

2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We always stay in the Doubletree in Jackson and we always have an excellent experience. The staff is always extremely friendly and helpful. This is an outstanding hotel. You will be glad you stayed here.

1  Thank jajenkins4
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I use this hotel regularly and have never had a bad experience. I will continue to stay here on my frequent trips to Jackson. The beds are always soft and a good night sleep is the ticket. Internet has never kicked out and the food is delicious.

1  Thank Rick S