“Peaceful stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia, United States
“Peaceful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This has been by far the best hotel that I have stayed in. The staff was very friendly and made me feel at home. The rooms were exceptional and the check in and check out process so easy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Babbie E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at this Doubletree for a business meeting in Jackson, TN. Hotel was clean and room was very nice. Beds were comfortable. Warm cookie is a nice touch. Staff was friendly and helpful. Checkin was quick. Would recommend this hotel, and would stay for a future visit.

1 Thank Brenda V
Alpharetta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I found the Double Tree Hotel in Jackson, TN to be the best place to stay when visiting this city. Hotel staff is very helpful and professional. Food service personnel quality varies. Sometimes good, other "not so good (attentive and prompt).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Wes W
Brentwood, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was impressed with room when I arrived. My room, however, was on the second floor with a window overlooking the indoor pool. Even though I was there on a weekday night, there was a steady flow of families/children enjoying the pool. I thought my window was open. But it wasn't. The noise continued throughout the evening, until I fell asleep around 10p.
Restaurant was very good for dinner. Had the fried chicken over mashed potatoes.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from indoor pool area unless you don't mind the sound of children playing...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Caroline C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises coming from the pool area. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that we can follow-up with our security team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall a great stay! The layout of the hotel was very stylish. The restaurant and bar I cannot review because I only stayed 2 days and we ate outside the hotel. The room was very nice and had that Doubletree charm. My fiance loves this brand and it shows. I only have 2 complaints, and they are minor issues

My room was on a smoking hall. I believe this is because I am a Hilton employee and we usually get the short end if the hotel is sold out, which I believe it was the weekend we visited in the fall of last year. The only other thing is that some of the carpet in the hallways was a bit dated. But these are minor issues that should not impact the overall stay of most people that stay at this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Since I’m a HHonors member I want to stay at Hilton properties. Thus, I stayed at the Doubletree in Jackson on 4/3/13 while on business. While this is an older, remodeled property, I was impressed overall for the following reasons.

• $119 per night
• On-sight fitness center with the option for a free pass to a local gym, if guest want it.
• Gold/Diamond Members get free beverage and snacks each evening in the Executive Suite.
• Gold/Diamond Members get free breakfast with real scrambled eggs in the Executive Suite.
• On-Site Restaurant named "Twists"...dinner was very good there...try it.
• The warm cookie guests receive upon check-in. This is nice and makes guests feel at home.
• Comfortable bed, huge HD television with true HD clarity, nice desk area to work.
- Room was quite and comfortable.
- Excellent service from all staff.

I used to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Jackson, but this Hilton Doubletree hotel is a better value for the dollars. I'll stay here on my next visit. Give it a try!

1 Thank RStraveler1
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have family in Jackson and always try and stay at the DoubleTree. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and my children LOVE the indoor/outdoor pool area. We always eat dinner in Twist. More than anything, the staff is always accommodating and friendly. This is the best and we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family