“Best Place in Jackson, TN”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I found the Double Tree Hotel in Jackson, TN to be the best place to stay when visiting this city. Hotel staff is very helpful and professional. Food service personnel quality varies. Sometimes good, other "not so good (attentive and prompt).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Wes W
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was impressed with room when I arrived. My room, however, was on the second floor with a window overlooking the indoor pool. Even though I was there on a weekday night, there was a steady flow of families/children enjoying the pool. I thought my window was open. But it wasn't. The noise continued throughout the evening, until I fell asleep around 10p.
Restaurant was very good for dinner. Had the fried chicken over mashed potatoes.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from indoor pool area unless you don't mind the sound of children playing...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Caroline C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises coming from the pool area. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that we can follow-up with our security team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall a great stay! The layout of the hotel was very stylish. The restaurant and bar I cannot review because I only stayed 2 days and we ate outside the hotel. The room was very nice and had that Doubletree charm. My fiance loves this brand and it shows. I only have 2 complaints, and they are minor issues

My room was on a smoking hall. I believe this is because I am a Hilton employee and we usually get the short end if the hotel is sold out, which I believe it was the weekend we visited in the fall of last year. The only other thing is that some of the carpet in the hallways was a bit dated. But these are minor issues that should not impact the overall stay of most people that stay at this property.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Since I’m a HHonors member I want to stay at Hilton properties. Thus, I stayed at the Doubletree in Jackson on 4/3/13 while on business. While this is an older, remodeled property, I was impressed overall for the following reasons.

• $119 per night
• On-sight fitness center with the option for a free pass to a local gym, if guest want it.
• Gold/Diamond Members get free beverage and snacks each evening in the Executive Suite.
• Gold/Diamond Members get free breakfast with real scrambled eggs in the Executive Suite.
• On-Site Restaurant named "Twists"...dinner was very good there...try it.
• The warm cookie guests receive upon check-in. This is nice and makes guests feel at home.
• Comfortable bed, huge HD television with true HD clarity, nice desk area to work.
- Room was quite and comfortable.
- Excellent service from all staff.

I used to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Jackson, but this Hilton Doubletree hotel is a better value for the dollars. I'll stay here on my next visit. Give it a try!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RStraveler1
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have family in Jackson and always try and stay at the DoubleTree. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and my children LOVE the indoor/outdoor pool area. We always eat dinner in Twist. More than anything, the staff is always accommodating and friendly. This is the best and we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christy A
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had read the reviews before staying here, so was a little wary. If this hotel is dated, as others have suggested, it's not the common areas or the executive floor rooms (at least not mine). I booked a room and was upgraded to the executive floor as Hilton Honors members. Check-in was easy, room was great. Ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, the food was good, the quality of service could use improvement - the server appeared either inexperienced or not too enthused with her job. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel, and the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles H
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 332 where there was food under the bed since we checked in the room after having room service clean the room again; food was still under the bed. All you had to do was barely move the bed skirt and there is was. Also there was a unknown substance left on the other beds bed skirt...

I hope if you go here you don't want to change the channel on your tv. You could only go a few channels at a time before it wouldn't change them anymore. You would have to turn the tv off and let it set before trying again. Even then it may or may not work, the picture may or may not show up at all! I spoke with other people on the floor a few rooms down who had the same problems.

I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here, I never will... I'm sure another place in town would be much better... Aka keep driving don't stop here!

• Stayed: March 2013