“Smokey hallways, s-l-o-w internet”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 30, 2006

Like many budget hotels, Baymont Inn could use better air ventilation in the hallways, which reek of cigarette smoke. However, the room I got was clean and had a comfortable bed and desk chair.

My main complaint is the slowness of the "high-speed" wireless internet service. (False advertising?) I gave up and got faster results using dial-up!

The front desk staff were very courteous and went out of their way to try to get me a good room, but they couldn't do anything about these problems.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2006

I recently stayed at the Baymont while in town for a workshop. The rooms were clean, it was quiet and peaceful and the hotel staff was excellent.

Only complaints -- while the breakfast selection wasn't the worst, it could be better and the parking lot needs paving badly!

Major plus -- excellent Wi-Fi -- no problems getting internet access unlike another prominent hotel in Jackson

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank TennesseeTripper
Reviewed February 15, 2006

This hotel is one of the better ones in Jackson. The staff was very friendly upon check-in. The rooms were clean, they have a good breakfast selection. I also like that they have the quick check-out. Our only negative was that the people across the hall were constantly going in and out of their room and slamming their door. We didn't call and complain because we went out to eat and they seemed to have setttled down that evening. I'm sure they would have moved us if we requested it. Also, their parking lot is very rough (bumpy, pot holes)-- drive slowly!

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank disneyfan01
Reviewed July 31, 2005

This place is terrible ! one a recent trip we stayed here and at the Baymont in Decatur Il. Both places are discussing and filthy. Ever since La Quinta has taken over Baymont, all their hotels have really gon down hill. I stay at other Baymonts for business reasons. This whole chain needs to get their act together !

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 10, 2005

We recently took a 9 day trip and stayed at the Baymont on one of those nights. I can honestly say it was one of the best hotels of our trip. Very clean, very courteous staff and extremely quiet..

Naturally the free breakfast was just about like all the others but it was in a very clean room and I can't say that about every hotel we stayed at...

I would highly recommend this hotel and I would gladly stay there again in the future...

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2004

We stay for the weekend this would be my 1st time home in 30yrs snice I was 4 years old the staff treated me and my whole family so nice!!!!! I would like to give a speacial Thanks to the following people there Shurunda, (She's the BEST), Donna and Linda. Please believe me when I say we will be coming back sometime soon. Once again Thank you for making us feel at home.

3  Thank Angela D
Reviewed July 28, 2003

This hotel was just fine. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast area was also well kept and foods were restocked quickly. It is very convenient to the interstate for travelers.

7  Thank No-name-no-need