“Not as good as most La Quintas”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed for one night as it was easy access off the interstate. However, this place could use a remodel as carpets were worn and bathroom looked old and shabby.
Breakfast was OK next morning but limited choices and little fruit available.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I arrived late and was tired. I had a non-smoking room reserved. The hotel was busy and it seemed like the lady at the front desk had a hard time finding the reservation. The room smelled dirty like someone had smoked in it. The carpert had stains on it. Glad I carry flip-flops with me because I would not wanted to touch the floor. The bed did look clean. The next morning there was a family of cock roaches running around the refrigerator. I didn't have any food in the room. Just nasty. My clothes had that dirty smoke smell the next morning. If they had not been that busy (almost all parking spaces were full when I arrived) I would have demanded another room and wished I had anyway or went someone else. The value of the room was definitely over priced.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I would like to write a glowing review as I generally like La Quinta Inns…but this experience was awful. Our room was worse than worn. The carpet was old and looked dirty, the bathroom toilet tank was cracked and dripping, the bathroom door had most of the wood laminate ripped off, the furniture laminate had been damaged, etc. The bed was neatly made and comfortable but we were glad to leave this grim space and didn't stay for breakfast. I am hoping that the motel is being remodeled soon…but we will avoid this one at all cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorrie14618
Reviewed January 13, 2014

good location, pet friendly, clean , good breakfast, no extra charge for pets up to 2 pets per room.
we were a late arrival but easy check in easy check out. would likely stay there again while traveling.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank artschuerger
Reviewed January 11, 2014

On arrival, I was asked if changing my room request was possible. This was not a downgrade, but an upgrade. I had booked on-line reading the room discriptions for my needs. Turned out for the same price I could upgrade and still recieve my requested amenities. If the staff had not asked I would have been satisfied, but by offering the change, I am more than satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 603georget
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were very relieved to find the hotel much better than some of the earlier reviews portrayed it. My wife, a white glove stickler, gave the room high marks in both decor and cleanliness. Only fault we found was in the shower where a repair person was not neat fixing the senior support handle in the shower. Both the night and day managers were especially gracious and the breakfast selection was more than adequate. Access to the hotel was a little confusing at first but once we figured it out, no problem. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family