“Great Hotel, Dog Friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My friend and I were transporting a rescued dog from Texas to Tennessee, we needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. She researched hotels and found this La Quinta required no deposit and the pricing was very reasonable. We had absolutely no problems checking in, our room was clean and comfortable. We found the staff very friendly, everyone spoke to us and were very accommodating. Breakfast was good and the area was clean. We found nothing negative what so ever with this hotel. Jackson is a must stop when traveling through, happy to have found a hotel where I feel welcomed.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and the west side, easy to get too and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was traveling with family. My room reservation was made by my son's mother-in-law when she made her reservation for a suite. When we arrived, I paid for my room with my credit card then she paid for hers. As we went to the elevator we saw dog food spilled in the hall. When my adult kids and I got to our room there was no shower curtain and not enough washcloths. The beds and room were clean. The carpet needs cleaning or replacing and one minor ceiling repair should be done. Disastrous room for my friend, so she and her hubby left. We got the linens and shower curtain after we went after them ourselves. This was after a 10 drive to get there. Next morning (Sunday) from 650 to 715 someone let their dog bark. There was a dog dropping in the elevator on our way down, the dog food remained on the floor in the hall and the desk was so busy, four waiting and one clerk, I left without a receipt. Checked my Cr card account online...I was charged for both rooms.?? After a call to the Inn, the girl assured me that it would be removed, as it has been. The desk girls were very nice. My hubby and I stay in a La Quinta in Moline, IL, and never have these kinds of problems. Notifying the online Customer Service isn't going well, as I have had to send a second email to help them understand the first. I'm glad I have the Alert on my credit card account and so should you. I'm sure this isn't always the case for LQ Inns but this one is questionable.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay one night during travel with family and needed 2 rooms. We read reviews on many hotels in Jackson, TN area and decided on La Quinta. We saw mixed reviews and issues of pets but we are animal lovers so we were fine with that.......boy did we regret it. My mom's suite had a full kitchen and half of the floor was a puddle of water from the sink leaking...her room was VERY dirty/dingy and the A/C only worked in the bedroom, not the rest of the suite where tables are and the sofa bed my kids were to sleep on. We were told there was nothing they could do until maintenance was in at 8am and they had NO other rooms and gave NO solutions other than giving a few bucks off the room. WRONG. My parents had to leave, they tried to stick it out but it bothered them too much and I called hotels nearby and no-one had two rooms open. So we kept our room and crammed 6 in it just to sleep and leave ASAP as by that point, we were skipping breakfast as we were grossed out. The smell of smoke in our non-smoking rooms was disappointing and trust me, as I write this, I'm not an over-complainer and I try to see the positive but as we realized we had no shower curtain and no phones that worked....we knew we'd never return. The front desk person was nice but she couldn't do anything at all so that wasn't helpful. There was also dog droppings in the elevator and the floors were dirty in the elevator and hall --- and dog food was spilled all over by the side of the elevators and was there then next morning too!!!! On top of that, my mom was supposed to get a credit for her room but we found out they charged BOTH to my mother-in-law which was a mistake so now she's trying to get a credit for someone else's room that never stayed. What a nightmare! All in all, we have seen worse, I can't say it's the worst ever or we would have left but with young kids and it already being late.....we just stayed and left immediately in the morning. They also did get us a shower curtain but we had to go get it as the desk person was the only one there. On a Saturday night in a booked hotel.....they need more staffing to help deal with customer issues. I'd stay somewhere else, would not return. I score an F.

1  Thank Autumnamos
A La Quinta traveler
Liberty, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were travelling with 2 dogs and there are very few pet friendly hotels available that don't charge and arm and a leg. After checking out another establishment and not being quite satisfied we decided to go to the La Quinta. Upon arrival there was no at the desk (they were helping other guests the sign said) and it was late we were tired I was crabby... They returned and I found the nicest person like ever to assist me Dexter you rock. He offered to let me see a room before I committed and when I went up there the room number I thought he said didn't exist so I went back downstiars and told him it was too noisy on that end so he gave me a room on the other end. He came up to the room found out we had a light out, checked us in, got a light bulb, put it in, was kind to our dogs, just great all around service.

20 minutes after checking in the fire alarms go off, fire department show up, and on the other end (where i was going to have a room) they were smoking in their non smoking rooms. Glad i changed ends of the hallway.

The hotel itself could use some TLC and it's not in the best neighborhood (after the fire alarm) we saw, shall we say, a shady character slipping out the backstairs and into the wooded area nearby. A little disconcerting.

The beds are clean and comfortable.

What makes this place outstanding isn't the hotel itself you can stay in a lot nicer places, but the staff makes all the difference.

1  Thank Kittymamma