“Great value if traveling with dogs BUT ...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed May 21, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bloomox

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This must be an old property. The room I stayed in obviously was a smoking room at sometime through-out the years; it still smelled! Older pieces of furniture and a broken rusty luggage rack. The carpeting looked clean and the bedding was fresh. Nothing special in the breakfast choices; cereal, hard boiled eggs, orange and apple juice, blueberry muffins and Light & Fit yogurt, in 1 choice of flavor. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did kill 3 "daddy-long-legs" spiders in my first few hours of my stay. I am a La Quinta Elite Rewards member and stay at many La Quinta properties, and though this is the only La Quinta in the Jackson, TN area, I won't be staying here in the future; chose another chain of hotels.

Room Tip: I sent an e-mail announcing my arrival and the need for a clean room (because of the poor reviews wh...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tom L
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The staff at this hotel are the friendliest! The room was very nice as well - it showed some wear like where someone must have taken a permanent magic marker and scribbled a bit on the wall and they tried to clean it but overall it was very clean. The beds were double and not queen which was fine with us as that's what we have at home but thought I'd mention it for others. The breakfast had a lot to be desired, though. My sister wanted to toast her bagel and after being in the toaster for a long time, it was barely warm and definitely not toasted. My muffin tasted "weird" like it was made with wheat flour or something and I only ate half of it. My husband had a bowl of cereal. Other than make-your-own waffles there really wasn't much of anything else. Oh, we did manage to get them down to $55 a night from $60 - like I said, the staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel was right off of I-40 and the nicest one in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bountiful-IA
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Falls short compared to other La Quinta's where we stayed. Limited amenities, but a good breakfast. Clean room, beds, linens, and towels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Arsenal-PA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Check in was pleasant and having our pet was not a problem. Signed a waver and up to the room we went. Checking out at 4 am was just as easy and pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Chesterfield, VA
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at LaQuinta during my recent trip across country as they are pet friendly. The stay in Jackson as the worst. The night front desk clerk appeared to be more interested in her phone conversation then checking me into the hotel . Once in the room I was shocked. The carpet was so dirty I had to leave my shoes on. The bathroom was dirty and the door had a large hole, even the walls were dirty. When I called the front desk to mention the state of the room, she simiply replied, "Thank you" and hung up. I had to clean the bathroom in order to take a shower and thankfully I traveled with bedding so I was able to get a few hours sleep.

I didn't try the breakfast as I just would not trust the food, even pre-wrapped food!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here while moving from Tennessee to Oklahoma, therefore we had our dog with us on the trip. We needed somewhere to stay that would accept pets, but we were not sure when we would be stopping for the night. As it turned out we only made it as far as Jackson and I did not scout out places that were pet friendly ahead of time. I ended up making some calls as I was driving and this place said they would accept our dog. I was hoping it would be a new La Quinta like had recently opened near our home in Middle Tennessee, but when I pulled up I saw that was not the case. Unfortunately it was late and we were not going to shop around so we just checked in and made the most of it. The lady at the front desk was nice, but was about it. The whole place seemed worn out and dirty. From the carpet to the bathroom to the bedding, it all needs to be replaced. And the free breakfast the next morning was chaotic. Way too many people and not enough room for everyone. I would not stay here again ever.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family