“A Mixed Bag”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Good
1) granite counter tops and window sills
2) adequate bedding/pillow top with 3 feather pillows per bed
3) wall thermostat
4) good waffles at breakfast
5) walls appeared to have fresh paint with few scuffs
6) room smelled OK

The Bad
1) Dirty hallway carpet
2) Stains on upolstered furniture
3) Straight curtain rod
4) Cheap shampoo and soap.

The Ugly
1) Dead bolt did not work
2) Extreme chipping on the door veneers. Sagging doors to the point you could see lights on in the room
3) Bathroom ceiling had water damage and mold.
4) Cigarette burns or black grease spots in the carpet.

With a little remodeling, this could be a decent hotel. Keep the furniture clean and/or remove furniture with large stains. Install rounded shower curtains. Clean or replace the carpets. Put new veneers on the doors. All in all, we had a good sleep on a comfortable bed. The stained carpets and granite countertops seems inconsistent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank GailofIowa
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson

Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is the first negative review I have ever written of a hotel because, honestly, if a place is clean and safe, it's usually acceptable to me on a business trip. The hotel room I was given here was disgusting. When I pulled the bedspread off, there was some orange substance smeared all over the blankets. I pray it was Cheeto crumbs. The carpet was smelly. The desk clerk immediately moved me to another room which had no stais on the bed. I was driving cross country and delayed by storms so this was an unexpected stop. If I had known there was a Hampton Inn further down the hwy, I would never have stayed here. La Quinta is usually a trustworthy brand and this hotel did have a computer in the lobby and small, noisy fridge and microwave in the second room. But as a female traveler, I found the dark parking lot hidden from street view rather creepy.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank trailblazer5
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We needed a pet friendly hotel to stay in on our trip from Texas to Ohio. This hotel got decent reviews. I probably would stay elsewhere next time.

The front desk called us as we were driving and was very friendly! She wanted to make sure that she had the kind of room we wanted by the time we got there. We requested non-smoking and we did tell her we had a pet.

When we arrived, we were given our room key and we went to the room. When we stepped out of the elevator the whole floor smelled like smoke. We went to our room and the window was open. I guess a non-smoking room means go air out the room! The toilet was a little dirty and did not have a lid on it. We did not go and complain because the room didn't really smell like smoke after the airing out....

Breakfast was fine!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RC153
Reviewed January 1, 2012

On a LONG trip, I decided to stop in Jackson after 14 hours of solo driving. Thought the check-in process was quick and easy. Thought. On entering my room, I heard the toilet running. I went to inspect. Jiggled the handle - still running. Took the tank top off to see if the flap was stuck - it wasn't. The tank just wasn't filling, nor was the bowl. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep with it running so loudly. I called down to see if they could move me to another room. I was told to wait in the room, the front desk person (who was alone at the time) said she would come up and help me move to another room. After waiting for about 1/2 an hour (did I mention how tired I was after 14 HOURS of driving - I did when I checked in....), I collected my belongings and went down to the front desk. I had not even sat down in the room! I had not even eaten dinner. The front desk person was very perturbed that I hadn't waited. She explained that their policy was to inspect the room before moving a guest to another room to make sure it hadn't been trashed.(REALLY?) And they were supposed to try and fix the problem so maintenance would not be upset. Hmmm..... is that any way to treat a GUEST? I would suggest to the management that that is not the way to treat your guest. I would suggest that you trust your guest, apologize for the inconvenience, and move them as soon as possible (all I needed was a key to a different room, not assistance). The front desk person was clearly following a management policy and concerned that she would get in trouble. Shame on the management for such anti-guest policies and for not enabling your staff to accommodate your guests appropriately. No one expects perfection. It's what a company does when things go wrong that makes the difference. And this hotel's management does not put their guests 1st. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hildynyc
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This hotel serves our purposes for short visits of one or two days. It is quiet although located very near I-40. It is a refurbished building but clean. Check-in is quick and smooth with employees being friendly and helpful. Breakfast fare is light and limited, but there are several restaurants located within a short drive on either side of the interstate. If you are a walker, the streets directly behind the hotel serve small business offices, thus there is only light traffic.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mitchellbear
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We booked our reservation through LQ.com. We had no problem in checking in. The front desk lady was very helpful. Our room had been renovated but keep the old bath tub which was a little odd. Rooms were nice and spacious. There were no load noise to keep us awake.
We only found a couple weird things and if had to do with the computer. The computer had Jesus all over it which don't offend me but it might someone else Breakfast was good and put out early thanks to the workers! Overall, I would go if in the area

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank farmngal
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Okay, traveling with a disability is not easy, especially with 2 dogs. La Quinta does not charge for dogs, which is great! However the "ADA" room was no particularly accessible in the bathroom. The room itself was huge, although they only have full size beds in their ADA rooms, you could have a conference of wheelchairs in the rest of the room.. The bathroom has a tub, not a roll in shower, and they do not have ANY shower chairs! (Luckily we brought our own.) There were numerous safety rails around the tub, but a person in a wheelchair would have difficulty unless their legs were fairly strong. The rest of the facility was fine. Huge lawn to walk the dogs, fairly quiet in spite of being next to the freeway.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel - it's much quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple