“A few bumps in the road”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Orange, Virginia
“A few bumps in the road”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel is holding up well; still has that new look to it. Staff, for the most part, friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, quiet, but the windows don't open. In time, the rooms may begin to smell musty. Breakfast was good. I stayed here as had been a guest twice before. This time was a bit of a downer for me.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask to have your room on the front. The back side picks up a lot of i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 414Bookworm
Brandon P, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are happy that you returned to Residence Inn Jackson. We try our hardest to ensure that you have a relaxed and stress-free stay. I apologize that the highway noise became an issue for you. We will be sure to assign you a room facing the courtyard or parking lot on your next visit. Please email me with any other concerns you may have. We look forward to welcoming you back to Residence, your home away from home.

Brandon Philpart, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is our third stay. We bring our daughter and friends to the hotel for her birthday every year. The two room suite is the best any hotel in Jackson can offer as far as space. Clean rooms. Very clean rooms matter of fact. They think of every need. I dont have to bring anything from my house because its all there
. Last year, several lights didnt work. Took them three hours to come fix them. This year, the toilet didnt work. The latch in the bathroom door didnt work. They did fix the toilet. The breakfast was awful. When we came here two years ago, i would have chosen their breakfast over Cracker Barrel. It was that good. Last year is was not great but ok. This year it was awful. Cold food. Oatmeal was all water. Sugar was clumped. Eggs were cold. Saugage cold. I finally gave up and ate cereal from home. Breakfast in most hotels are not very good. But this hotel used to be awesome in their breakfast. I recommended friends stay there because of their breakfast. But, if now they are just another hotel. I didnt complain but the lady asked me when we checked out, how are stay was...i mentioned the bathroom. I mentioned the food. She just worked on her computer as i was talking. She just wrote down about bathroom. Nothing about cold breakfast. No im sorry.....anything. Just waived me off. That made more mad than anything. She asked me! Its like she wasnt sincere when she asked me. We will not be staying there again because of that. 180 a night. I expect better.Angi Forsythe

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank angiforsythe
Brandon P, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Good Evening Mrs. Forsythe,

Please accept my deepest apologies for your experience at my property. Members of the staff remember you from last year and were upset to see that you encountered several problems during your stay. We have addressed the maintenance concerns mentioned and will ensure that they will not happen again for future guests. In addition, we found that the warmers were not functioning properly during breakfast. I completely agree, that our breakfast is usually better than Cracker Barrel and I am disheartened to know that we were unable to provide that same level of satisfaction during this trip. I personally spoke with the Guest Services Representative who checked you out. Rest assured, that she was documenting your concerns in our computerized logbook as you were expressing them. Our intentions were never to waive you off and I truly apologize if you felt that way. I will be contacting you via email to address your concerns with your bill. If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please don't hesistate to contact my office directly. Thank you again for taking the time to express your concerns. It really does helps us better ourselves and provide stellar service.

Cookson, OK
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great place to stay-wonderful, helpful, and friendly staff. Night reception was nice. We had a two bedroom suite for three people which was very clean and everything you need. My only con would be that the one king bedroom was not very user friendly. No room for bags as it was so small-with two people using the room and we had two bags. There was limited counter space at this room's vanity in bath area as extra towels were stacked there. No other place for them. We were only there for one night so made do. Wouldn't want to have an extended stay. We have stayed here before using a two bedroom suite and don't recall this room being so small, so it may be just the room we got.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Norman O
Good Evening Norman,

Thank you so much for returning to my property. We appreciate your business and your loyalty. I apologize that you were given a room with limited space during this trip. The room you were assigned was handicap accessible, which is why there was limited counter space and no storage underneath the sink. I will be sure to notate your account so that you are given a standard two-bedroom suite the next time you are travelling through. If you need help with making a future reservation or want to discuss anything regarding the hotel, I am here to listen. We look forward to welcoming you back to Residence Inn, your home away from home.

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were recently driving through Jackson on a road trip from Texas to Indiana and my husband got sick and had to go to the Emergency Room. We were there for several hours and when we were done we needed to get to a hotel room for him to rest. It was only 10:00 a.m. and we were afraid that we would not be able to find a room since it was prior to check in time. We happened upon Residence Inn and I told them what was going on and they gave me a room immediately, and at a nice, reasonable rate. They were so nice and when we got to the room we couldn't believe how nice it was. Such a comfortable place to recoup before we had to hit the road again. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherrie R
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Sherrie R,

We understand that sometimes while traveling, life happens. We are so glad we were able to lodge you for the night and that you took the time to write a review. We hope your husband has made a full recovery from his sickness. If you are ever making the trip again we certainly invite you back to our hotel. We would love to have you again!

EJ Shelton
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was very easy to locate and accessible. The front desk customer service representative name Rochelle was beyond AWESOME!!! She was very attentive to my needs and made me feel like home away from home. The only draw back with the room was mine was located on the south end of the hotel facing I-40. You could hear 18 Wheelers and other motorist passing all day and night. Other than that, my stay was fabulous. You may want to request a room opposite of the Interstate. I know I will my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank travelman8181
Dear Travelman8181

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. The Guest Service Representative will be thrilled to hear your awesome comments towards her. We really appreciate you staying with us and we apologize for the noisy traffic. We will definitely be able to accomodate you the next time you are here and we hope you have had safe travels.

EJ Shelton
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This is really a nice place to stay and consumer service is 5 star. I would have rated them 5 but we did have to change rooms because the water would not drain. The second room was great! The fitness center is small but all the equipment was in GREAT shape. I woke up to kids jumping and running on the floor above me for about an hour but no really problems.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Anthony T
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Anthony T,

We feel that the only service our guest's deserve is 5 star service which is why we diligently try to deliver it. Thank you so much for recognizing it and for writing a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in the first room and the disturbances above you but I'm glad you all enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back the next time you are in the area and we hope you have had safe travels.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 3 nights. It does sit right on I-40. Granted, I did book ahead but snagged a rate of $108/night. Compared to $150/night at the Hampton or Courtyard on the other side of I-40. The drawback to the location is there is nothing much around, but that is true for all of the new hotel properties in Jackson. To go out to eat, you will have to drive several miles.

My room was large and updated and 99% clean. I had 2 issues in the room - a mildew laden shower liner and a broken but working hairdryer. They did replace the shower liner very soon after I notified them. They did not replace the hair dryer, but I did not follow up.

The bed was fine and no issues with the temperature control.

The staff was friendly and always had a greeting for you. The have a large lounge area that ties into the breakfast serving space.

Room tip - request a room on the front. The back of the building sits against I-40.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I-40.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bulldog82
Dear Bulldog82,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the two inconveniences in your room and please know that information has been properly communicated. Thank you for your kind words conerning our hotel. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we welcome you and your family back the next time you are in the area. We hope you have had safe travels!