“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Tyler, Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were recently driving through Jackson on a road trip from Texas to Indiana and my husband got sick and had to go to the Emergency Room. We were there for several hours and when we were done we needed to get to a hotel room for him to rest. It was only 10:00 a.m. and we were afraid that we would not be able to find a room since it was prior to check in time. We happened upon Residence Inn and I told them what was going on and they gave me a room immediately, and at a nice, reasonable rate. They were so nice and when we got to the room we couldn't believe how nice it was. Such a comfortable place to recoup before we had to hit the road again. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherrie R
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Sherrie R,

We understand that sometimes while traveling, life happens. We are so glad we were able to lodge you for the night and that you took the time to write a review. We hope your husband has made a full recovery from his sickness. If you are ever making the trip again we certainly invite you back to our hotel. We would love to have you again!

EJ Shelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Texarkana, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was very easy to locate and accessible. The front desk customer service representative name Rochelle was beyond AWESOME!!! She was very attentive to my needs and made me feel like home away from home. The only draw back with the room was mine was located on the south end of the hotel facing I-40. You could hear 18 Wheelers and other motorist passing all day and night. Other than that, my stay was fabulous. You may want to request a room opposite of the Interstate. I know I will my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank travelman8181
Dear Travelman8181

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. The Guest Service Representative will be thrilled to hear your awesome comments towards her. We really appreciate you staying with us and we apologize for the noisy traffic. We will definitely be able to accomodate you the next time you are here and we hope you have had safe travels.

EJ Shelton
Smyrna, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This is really a nice place to stay and consumer service is 5 star. I would have rated them 5 but we did have to change rooms because the water would not drain. The second room was great! The fitness center is small but all the equipment was in GREAT shape. I woke up to kids jumping and running on the floor above me for about an hour but no really problems.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Anthony T
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Anthony T,

We feel that the only service our guest's deserve is 5 star service which is why we diligently try to deliver it. Thank you so much for recognizing it and for writing a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in the first room and the disturbances above you but I'm glad you all enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back the next time you are in the area and we hope you have had safe travels.
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 3 nights. It does sit right on I-40. Granted, I did book ahead but snagged a rate of $108/night. Compared to $150/night at the Hampton or Courtyard on the other side of I-40. The drawback to the location is there is nothing much around, but that is true for all of the new hotel properties in Jackson. To go out to eat, you will have to drive several miles.

My room was large and updated and 99% clean. I had 2 issues in the room - a mildew laden shower liner and a broken but working hairdryer. They did replace the shower liner very soon after I notified them. They did not replace the hair dryer, but I did not follow up.

The bed was fine and no issues with the temperature control.

The staff was friendly and always had a greeting for you. The have a large lounge area that ties into the breakfast serving space.

Room tip - request a room on the front. The back of the building sits against I-40.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I-40.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bulldog82
Dear Bulldog82,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the two inconveniences in your room and please know that information has been properly communicated. Thank you for your kind words conerning our hotel. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we welcome you and your family back the next time you are in the area. We hope you have had safe travels!
Ashland, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

After staying at the HoJo in Jackskon on our way to Florida & finding it totally gross, what a welcome it was to walk into this hotel & find it clean, comfy & great service!

We had a 2 bedroom suite which worked great for our party of 5. The staff was friendly, the rooms very clean & the beds comfortable. Outside there was a gas fire pit & a lot if seating. Indoors there was a heated pool & hot tub (broken during our stay). Well worth the $159 we paid on Book.com.

If I had to think if a negative it would be that the breakfast in that the scrambled eggs were runny as was the oatmeal. But, there were many other good extended options.

This hotel definitely gives the Drurys a run for the money!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Adagall,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are always looking for opportunities of improvement here so we certainly appreciate you relaying your suggestion of improvement to us. We take your kind words to heart and we're glad you enjoyed your stay here. We welcome you back the next time you are in the area and we hope your travels are safe.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very comfortable room, pleasant decor, and friendly staff, BUT somebody stole my toiletry bag while I was out for the day. It was reported to the housekeeping manager that night, but nothing was done about it until mid morning the next day. Of course no one admitted to taking It. There wasn't anything of any value in the bag, so I was very surprised that someone would risk their job over something like this. If you decide to stay here, be sure to put all of your things out of sight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Lucy S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We know that our guests are busy whether they are traveling on business or leisure so we always appreciate when we can here how we are doing. I'm glad we were able to speak before you left the property. Please know that we searched the entire property including staff belongings and work stations and did not find your toiletry bag. I know we gave you a complimentary stay to try and compensate but if there is anything else we can do, please let us know! Thank you and we hope you have had safe travels.
Tumon, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The front desk staff are wonderful from the moment you walk in the door! Thank you EJ Shelton for such personal service! Easy to find off interstate and room size is great especially if staying for more then one night! 4th floor is great, we stayed on freeway side, but loved the room so much we didn't care. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on parking lot side away from the highway would be best
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Liz R,

I always enjoy making our guest's experiences great and memorable and I'm glad I was able to do so with yours! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I want to personally invite you back to our property the next time you are traveling through. I hope your travels have been and will continue to be safe! Thanks again