“Great service and location”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great service and location”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was on my way to Memphis and booked this hotel as place to stay on the way. This is a very nice, clean, modern hotel with easy access from the interstate.

I checked in about 5 PM and was upgraded to a suite. I planned to check in and then go to dinner, but at check-in the clerk told me they were serving for in the dining area. I was not expecting this, but the food was excellent and they had beverages available.

The hotel was comfortable and clean. I had a great stay. The next morning, they served a hot breakfast. All the staff was friendly and helpful.

This is one if the best Residence Inns I have ever stayed. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room on the side opposite the interstate. They dud thus for me automatically...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vol_Traveler
Coach_MKLRI, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Vol_Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our breakfast in the morning and our Manager's Special at night is what make our hotel so unique here in Jackson and we're glad you enjoyed both. Thank you for your acknowledgement of our cleanliness and our friendly staff. We welcome you back to our property the next time you are in the area and we hope you have had safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
WEST CHESTER, OHIO
Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a beautiful place! We make many trips from Cincinnati to Louisiana. Jackson has been our traditional stopover, roughly half way. This Residence Inn is unbelievable. I was traveling with my teenagers, 17 and 16. The room was beautiful and large. The queen sized bed was soooo comfortable. The living area had a gorgeous L-shaped couch with a pull-out section. Nice flat screen tv and spacious kitchen. We arrived too late for the evening social, but the complimentary breakfast was awesome. I think I've run out of adjectives before I've run out nice things to say!! Can't wait to stay here again. Hopefully our next visit will be longer.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the interstate, but could barely hear the the highway noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lookoutblo
GM_RI_Jackson, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Lookoutblo -

We're so happy to hear that you have a new stopover point in our hotel!!! I'm well familiar with the Cincinnati to Louisiana drive - my best friend lives in Cincy and his grandmother lives in Rayville LA! Jackson is definitely a great stopover point for that long drive!!! We look forward to seeing you on your further travels! Have a wonderful day and safe travels!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I had a great one night stay at the hotel. We had the pool to ourselves on a Thursday evening. Only disappointment was the complimentary evening drinks and appetizers. It listed on the calendar "French night". It was BBQ and pasta that had a bottle of dressing poured over it.

Room Tip: First floor away from the interstate is best for us.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_RI_Jackson, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear MJones -

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us in Jackson, TN! I know precisely which evening you're speaking of regarding the social hour - our truck didn't come in time and we had to improvise! I'm so sorry that it didn't meet your expectations and trust me, that's not usually what our social looks or tastes like! :) We look forward to the opportunity to serve you further!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2013

First I want to say that the staff was super nice. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating. The reason for my poor rating is the clear evidence that this hotel did not change the sheets between guests. I know this because there were at least four DIFFERENT hair types found in my bed, none of which belonged to me and at least two different types in the bed of a travel companion in another room. When I reported this to the front desk I was told by the employee on schedule that no one from housekeeping was working and that if I could wait a few minutes she would come up and help ME change the sheets. This was by far the most unsettling and disgusting hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Courtney -

First let me apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel. Second, let me recognize the fact that there aren't even enough words to suffice as an apology or express my disappointment in the way everything from your visit was handled. I do appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention however, and it has already been dealt with. Please let me know if I can be of further help and either call me 731-435-9100 or email me at jfox@vistahost.net. Again, I am so sorry and I hope that we can earn the right to serve you again and exceed your expectations.
Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were driving from Pennsylvania to Texas & I researched hotels in Jackson, TN. This hotel had the best reviews. And for good reason. Staff was super friendly. We paid a discounted rate, which made this hotel an even better value as compared to Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn (which had the same published full rate).

The rooms are like apartments (full kitchen, tastfully decorated). The hotel has a social hour, grocery shopping service - for free!!!!, gym, full free hot breakfast, convenience market, & outdoor patio witha grill & fire place. Why would anyone stay anywhere else? Really, there's no point in paying a comparable rate at any other hotel chain.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear SweetHopfrog -

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay!! I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations both in respect to quality, value, and service! Please feel free to come back and see us anytime!
TENNESSEE
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I never would have put Residence Inn on my radar simply because I thought of it as a eeewww... weekly rental. we were in Jackson, TN on business and had seen this Hotel being built and knew it was relatively new (found out the next morning it was 2 years old) so we decided to give it a try. WOW! were we pleasantly surprised. the staff are amazing, the front desk clerk when we walked in was helpful and polite and made the check-in process a breeze. I had a headache during the night and walked downstairs to purchase aspirin from the market center and since there wasn't any the night clerk gave me two Advil from her personal container.
The Hotel is lovely, the outdoor area was beautiful and comfortable with the gas grills available for guests. we went to dinner not being aware of the meal being served although the food looked amazing. our room was a spacious one bedroom that would have been perfect for a multiple night stay with a fully loaded upgraded kitchen. I read another review that mentioned there was nowhere close to eat but you are only 3 miles from an apparent restaurant row, shopping and theater. we ate at Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner and Cracker Barrel for breakfast (slept late so can't review breakfast). my ONLY complaint is the bed. I compared it to a boulder with contours and foam on top but my husband claimed it was the best sleep he'd had in ages! we will definitely recommend this location to family and friends and will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ken M, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello Friends!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am very pleased we an opportunity to show you our Residence Inn in a new light. Our recent upgrades and great new improved amenities have come from our guest voices! Thank you for helping us provide better guest service.

Sincerest Regards,
Middlefield, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at this property on our way home from a Texas trip recently. Three 16 yr old classmates of mixed gender required that we secure a suite for the night. The suite was perfect for our needs, and was laid out very well.

The rate was more than I wanted to pay, but upon seeing the room, I could see why it was so much more, and found it to be a decent value. Plenty of space, and a television in each room.

The carpet is older, and although relatively clean, was stained in areas. The adhesive on a bathroom tiled gave out, and a corner tile was leaning against the wall.

The breakfast area was laid out nicely, and there were many seats set up for couples, so tables for 4 people weren't wasted. The food was hot and plentiful, although they pastries were not replaced w/45 minutes left for breakfast.

Overall, I'd say it's decent.

Room Tip: Hit breakfast early!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate your awesome attention to detail.

We hope to have you as our guest again!

Best Regards,