“Residence Inn- Jackson gives Marriott a bad name”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed September 21, 2013

First I want to say that the staff was super nice. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating. The reason for my poor rating is the clear evidence that this hotel did not change the sheets between guests. I know this because there were at least four DIFFERENT hair types found in my bed, none of which belonged to me and at least two different types in the bed of a travel companion in another room. When I reported this to the front desk I was told by the employee on schedule that no one from housekeeping was working and that if I could wait a few minutes she would come up and help ME change the sheets. This was by far the most unsettling and disgusting hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GM_RI_Jackson, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Courtney -

First let me apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel. Second, let me recognize the fact that there aren't even enough words to suffice as an apology or express my disappointment in the way everything from your visit was handled. I do appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention however, and it has already been dealt with. Please let me know if I can be of further help and either call me 731-435-9100 or email me at jfox@vistahost.net. Again, I am so sorry and I hope that we can earn the right to serve you again and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were driving from Pennsylvania to Texas & I researched hotels in Jackson, TN. This hotel had the best reviews. And for good reason. Staff was super friendly. We paid a discounted rate, which made this hotel an even better value as compared to Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn (which had the same published full rate).

The rooms are like apartments (full kitchen, tastfully decorated). The hotel has a social hour, grocery shopping service - for free!!!!, gym, full free hot breakfast, convenience market, & outdoor patio witha grill & fire place. Why would anyone stay anywhere else? Really, there's no point in paying a comparable rate at any other hotel chain.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear SweetHopfrog -

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay!! I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations both in respect to quality, value, and service! Please feel free to come back and see us anytime!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I never would have put Residence Inn on my radar simply because I thought of it as a eeewww... weekly rental. we were in Jackson, TN on business and had seen this Hotel being built and knew it was relatively new (found out the next morning it was 2 years old) so we decided to give it a try. WOW! were we pleasantly surprised. the staff are amazing, the front desk clerk when we walked in was helpful and polite and made the check-in process a breeze. I had a headache during the night and walked downstairs to purchase aspirin from the market center and since there wasn't any the night clerk gave me two Advil from her personal container.
The Hotel is lovely, the outdoor area was beautiful and comfortable with the gas grills available for guests. we went to dinner not being aware of the meal being served although the food looked amazing. our room was a spacious one bedroom that would have been perfect for a multiple night stay with a fully loaded upgraded kitchen. I read another review that mentioned there was nowhere close to eat but you are only 3 miles from an apparent restaurant row, shopping and theater. we ate at Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner and Cracker Barrel for breakfast (slept late so can't review breakfast). my ONLY complaint is the bed. I compared it to a boulder with contours and foam on top but my husband claimed it was the best sleep he'd had in ages! we will definitely recommend this location to family and friends and will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Ken M, General Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Friends!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am very pleased we an opportunity to show you our Residence Inn in a new light. Our recent upgrades and great new improved amenities have come from our guest voices! Thank you for helping us provide better guest service.

Sincerest Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at this property on our way home from a Texas trip recently. Three 16 yr old classmates of mixed gender required that we secure a suite for the night. The suite was perfect for our needs, and was laid out very well.

The rate was more than I wanted to pay, but upon seeing the room, I could see why it was so much more, and found it to be a decent value. Plenty of space, and a television in each room.

The carpet is older, and although relatively clean, was stained in areas. The adhesive on a bathroom tiled gave out, and a corner tile was leaning against the wall.

The breakfast area was laid out nicely, and there were many seats set up for couples, so tables for 4 people weren't wasted. The food was hot and plentiful, although they pastries were not replaced w/45 minutes left for breakfast.

Overall, I'd say it's decent.

Room Tip: Hit breakfast early!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate your awesome attention to detail.

We hope to have you as our guest again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Feels like home. Full kitchen, couch, dining room table for 2, long work desk - see my pictures for more details.
Free breakfast and Manager's social monday thru thursday :)
Laundry facilities that run 24 hours a day
Parking lot gets full early in front of the hotel but you can easily park on the side and access from the side

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello,

I am very pleased to hear that you "felt like home" at our Residence Inn!

We hope to have you as our guest again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Family members and I stayed in 4 rooms of this Residence Inn to attend a graduation at a local university. Customer service is clearly a priority at this hotel. Even before arriving and checking in I had the pleasure of speaking to hotel personnel who quickly, pleasantly and courteously handled some changes in my reservation. After arriving the exceptional customer service continued from the time we checked in until we checked out. Every request was handled very professionally and efficiently.

We reserved three studio rooms and one 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated It was obvious that this was a new property and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast had sufficient variety that everyone could find something they liked. This included freshly made waffles, fruit, cereal, sausage, yogurt, scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, and beverages such as regular and decaf coffee, juices, and hot chocolate. The kids in our group had a great time at the indoor pool.

Special mention goes to Marcus, a hotel manager, and Tela at the front desk. They exhibited outstanding customer service in our interactions with them. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Greetings!

Thank you for your awesome comments! Guest service is our priority! I am glad you had a chance to connect with our staff members. I too love our breakfast.

We are grateful to have you as our guest.

Sincerest Regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

If I had to stay longer, I would've been glad to have chosen this hotel. This is a really nice & modern hotel. Looks new and very nicely decorated inside and out. Check in & out was a breeze friendly staff that addressed us with a smile. I Did not try the free breakfast, gym, or pool, so I can't give a review on those but I can say that it appeared that others thoroughly enjoyed them. They are pet friendly So I'd ask which floors are the friendly floors. If you're looking for a hotel with a good view this is not it. But its in a really good location for Jackson. Its surrounded by undeveloped land and the hwy. That was not a negative for me tho I was more for convenience. If u dont want to hear hwy noise request a room that does not face it. The rooms very are spacious. I requested a studio & was pleasantly surprised by the size. The comfort of the mattress was okay the pillows were great. The room itself was clean the bathroom on the other hand appeared clean but their was a razor cap in the shower & one of the towels had brown speckled stains. Towels that can't be cleaned should be discarded. Husband's comment after lifting the toilet seat: house keeping should take a scrubber to the toilets. But I wouldnt let that deter a second visit. I'm sure If I had mentioned it to the front desk it would've been remedied. A/C unit was a low hum but did not disturb my sleep.Great Hotel for families. For those of you interested in this, you're given Paul Mitchell Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion, Tea, Cocoa, Coffee, and a bag of popcorn. Internet access was good. All in all the pros far outweighed the con & I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Marcus6310, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Greetings from the Residence Inn by Marriott, Jackson, TN! We thank you for your response. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us. Those minor details will be addressed so that the next patron will be extremely pleased with his/her stay. We do hope that you'll stay with us again. Until then safe travels!!!!