“Great room”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very nice hotel. Rooms are very spacious. Breakfast buffet was very nice. Our only complaint was the first 2 days we were there the maid service didn't come to our room. We had to call to the front desk to have new towels delivered to our room. Other than that little glitch we enjoyed our stay. Would not hesitate to stay here next time we visit my family in Jackson, TN.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patty S
SarahScokin, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Greetings Patty S!

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay but hate to hear that our housekeeping staff was not able to take care of your room as they should. I have discussed this with our Executive Housekeeper and the appropriate measures to ensure this glitch will not happen again have been put in place. Please feel free to contact me via email at sscokin@vistahost.net or by phone (731)-891-9162 for future reservations or to discuss your recent stay! I would love to hear from you and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Jackson!

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is right off the freeway. Clean and updated. We were tired after a 9 hour ride and it was raining hard. We took advantage of the mini store with frozen dinners and ate in the mini kitchen of our 2 bedroom suite.

Easy, dry, and relaxing. Quiet room and friendly people.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gary R
SarahScokin, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Greetings Gary R!

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to find something for dinner in our Suite Shop! I do hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the area and hopefully next time the weather will be better for you! Thanks again!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel sits out by itself just east of Jackson.
With the social hour, not a big deal.
Could not find the exit number on the reservation, which made the hotel hard to find.
The lady at check-in was wonderful. She pushed the luggage cart to the room and held the door so I could get in with my wheelchair. She had a smile the whole time and a great caring way about her.
My wife was moving the car..

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jack_retired

Dear Jack_Retired,

Thank your for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to take such great care of you! I apologize that you had a hard time finding us, but I do hope that you will choose to come stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

Safe travels,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We really enjoyed this suite, full kitchen and lots of room. Really great area and friendly staff. It was mostly clean but there were some food wrappers that got "forgotten" about under the fold up bed. But overall, that was my only complaint. It's always nice to stay at Residence Inns, you feel like its more of a home than a hotel. This one was really new too and had nice furniture and decor. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SarahScokin, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Jujubean79,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott to fufill your lodging needs while you were in Jackson, TN! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and do hope that you will come back to stay with us again the next time you are in the area! I am sad to hear about the candy wrappers you found in the pull-out, and will ensure that this is brought to the attention of our executive housekeeper. I am glad that you found our staff to be so friendly, and made you feel at home. Providing a home away from home for our guests is our #1 goal. Thank you again, and please feel free to contact me if you have any other concerns.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is just a year old and has been a great place for us to use during our many recent stays for work. We wanted a room with a kitchenette (which the Residence Inn by Marriott has) to prepare food for the day. We have stayed here five times now and return by choice.
The only thing we've told them they should improve is the consistency of the housekeeping.
Sometimes the garbage is not emptied in the kitchen or sometimes the one in the bathroom is not emptied or the dishwasher soap is not replenished! These are simple things that can make the difference between a very good and an excellent hotel! Since we brought our own coffee we don't know if that would have been replenished consistently either.
Still one of the best in area when all is considered.

Room Tip: The noise from the highway is noticeable, a room on the other side is better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings CCSC2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw of our property! I am so happy to hear that you continuously choose us for your trips to Jackson, TN! THANK YOU!!! I apologize for the housekeeping inconsistencies that have occurred throughout your stays with us, and hope that they will not deter you from staying with us in the future. I will ensure that your review is shown not only to our executive housekeeper but to our housekeeping staff as well! Thank you for your patronage and I do hope we see you again the next time you are in the area!

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We travel a lot and did not expect much from this little hotel in Jackson but we were most pleasantly surprised. Such a friendly staff, complimentary dinner & social hour, full breakfast and excellent accommodations. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013
SarahScokin, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Perpesca,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw of our property! I am so happy that you had a chance to stay with us, and that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to take advantage of our breakfast and social hour, and for posting pictures of our hotel! I appreciate that you chose our property for your time in Jackson and that our staff was able to take such great care of you! I hope the next time you are in Jackson you will choose to stay with us again!

Thanks again and safe travels,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had an enjoyable stay at a Residence Inn in Florence Alabama, and followed it up with a two-night stay in Jackson Tennessee. The Jackson hotel is actually at an I-40 exit "waiting to happen". This exit has three new hotels, a new gas station/convenience store, and stubbed-out service roads awaiting other businesses - restaurants, shops, offices, or ??. Pulling in here, I had some reservations about the convenience, or lack thereof, requiring driving one or two exits away to do or get almost anything.

The front door is slow or balky - one must wait a few beats for the door to slide open. Everything after that - smooth sailing! The desk person was bright, cheery, and fast. I was registered and in the room in minutes. She had also recommended a restaurant for a late lunch (see Blue Coyote review) including printing out driving directions.

The room was very clean, and had all of the needed amenities to reside there long-term if needed., This would be a comfortable facility for a couple or small family vacation, using it as the jumping off point for any visits or attractions in the area. There is a good-sized indoor pool, plus the welcoming lobby area with gas fireplace, an outdoor fire pit, and a grill for cooking out.

Breakfast is included - sausage, eggs, five (I think) cereals, plus hot oatmeal, waffle iron, bagels, muffins, fruit and juices & coffee. Apparently a free dinner is served on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights - but I was not there at the right time to try this out.

One concern - there was a magnet on the refrig which I noticed at departure time. It was to be used to post on the door to forewarn the cleaning staff that a four-legged creature was inside. I'm not so sure that having previous animals in a room is something that would work for me, even in a room as clean-appearing as this. Something to watch for on future hotel stays.

It turns out that the location was actually a plus - once one gets into the busy suburban shopping/dining/etc. areas of the next two exits closer to Jackson - there was rather a feeling of relief to get out of the traffic and into the calm.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
SarahScokin, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Greetings FLandOHDannyBoy,

Thank you for writing such a fabulous review of our property! I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review and I am so grateful we were able to provide you with such a fantastic experience! I am so glad you were able to see the perks of our location, and that you were also able to enjoy our continental breakfast. I apologize for your concerns regarding our pet friendly atmosphere, while we do allow pets we have a very detailed cleaning check list for rooms which have sheltered pets which is followed to the T. Thank you again for your patronage and making us your home away from home! Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding our pet policy and cleaning check list, I would more than happy to answer any questions you might have. You can contact me through email at sscokin@vistahost.net or by calling our property (731)-935-4100.

Guest Service Manager