“Very Helpful & Accommodating”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson, Tennessee
“Very Helpful & Accommodating”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been very pleased with the staffs friendliness and assistance each time my family members have stayed here. Robert and Brittany are fantastic-- very accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. My family of 13 adults and 5 children were visiting a few weeks ago and they were wonderful!! They even upgraded them for free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SarahScokin, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Neely S,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property! I am so glad we were able to accomodate your family and to provide them with a complimentary upgrade! We strive to ensure that every member of every family that walks through our front doors feels comfortable and at home during their time with us! Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn and we hope to see you and your family again in the future!

coach.mklri@vistahost.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Decatur, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We recently traveled to Jackson to visit family as we do several times a year as a family of 7. In the past we have been unhappy w/ other hotels we have stayed in and thought we would try the Residence inn. From the point I made the reservation with Tila who was so very helpful, through check in w/ Robert Mckinnon our experience was wonderful. The 2 bdrm suite was roomy and very nice. Our family of seven was very comfortable and did not feel crammed in at all. Any questions or needs we had Robert Mckinnon addressed and helped w/ so graciously. Our family enjoyed the pool and breakfast. The beds are very comfortable as well. Every time we visit this will be our choice of accommodations.

Greetings Stephanie J!

Thank you for writing such a kind review of our property! I am delighted to hear that you and your family were so well taken care of during your recent stay! We truly are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff! I am very grateful that they were able to not only accomodate you and your family but ensure that your stay was a memorable one! Thank you again for taking time to write a review of our property and I do hope to see you again during your next stay at the Residence Inn!

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Because of bad winter weather we had to stop in Jackson on our way to Murfreesboro. The Residence Inn was THE best choice. Although our original reservation was for a one- bedroom when I asked if a two- bedroom was available, it was, and we were upgraded for no additional cost- and I know my son was thrilled to not have to sleep on a sofa bed! After we left, my son realized he had left his beloved pillow behind. I called the hotel the next day to see if by chance the pillow had been found. Later I received a call from Joyce in Housekeeping who said yes, it had been found! I picked it up on my return trip and am thankful to Joyce and the rest of the staff for taking care of something as minor as a pillow!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Greetings L G!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am so happy we were able to ensure thay you had a comfortable stay while you were in Jackson, and truly appreciate your comment stating that we were the "best choice". We strive to provide not only the best customer service experience for our guests but also to ensure they are comfortable and feel at home. I am so happy we succeeded in doing this for you and your family! Thank you again for the kind words regarding our staff and Ms. Joyce, we are very lucky to have her on our team! We appreciate your patronage and do hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Jackson area!

Safe Travels,

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've been traveling to western Tennessee for many years to see relatives and on our last trip, two family members fell ill. Since we couldn't impose on family, we called the Hampton Inn in Jackson. After listening to my need, they recommended the Residence Inn across the highway at the same interchange. When I called the Residence Inn, they set us up with a two room suite that made caring for my family much easier. Finally, someone understands the idea of hospitality in the hospitality business!

All of these good reviews are absolutely true...this is THE place to stay in Jackson. The staff is friendly. The grounds are kept very nice. The breakfast is fantastic. I commented that it was like staying at a resort.

If your travel brings you to or through Jackson, then plan on this hotel.

Some general tips - call to get the best rates. Also, if your business takes you to downtown Jackson and southwards, take Dr. F E Wright Drive to the east of the city rather than 45 Bypass on the west side. If you need a doctor, Jackson Clinic is a good call, too.

Room Tip: Always call. North side of hotel seemed quite (Interstate was pretty loud).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Greetings TexanAbroad!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our property! We strive to create a comfortable "home away from home" atmosphere for our guests and I am so happy we were able to accomodate you and your family and provide you with that experience! I am delighted to hear we were able to make a difficult time easier for you and I appreciate all of your kind words regarding our staff and facilities. Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn and I do hope that you will continue to choose us for your future travel needs.

Thank you again and I do hope that everyone is feeling better!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am really grateful with all the wonderful staff at Residence Inn by Marriot. Specially Sarah and Tyliah at the Front Desk, who are both Fantastic!! My mom is very ill, so I`ve been traveling to Jackson from Houston, and I felt as If I were received by true professionals each time. Another plus are the rooms, which are safe, clean, and a great nights sleep (I've stayed lots of times and never been disturbed by noise from other rooms or outside). The beds are fantastic, too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Greetings Eddie S,

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a tremendous review of our property! I am so grateful that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accomodate you during such a difficult time. It is so nice to hear that we were able to make your time in Jackson a little easier, and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again for your next trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me for future reservations, I would love to hear from you!

Happy New Years to you and yours in Houston!

Nashville, TN
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is great! The rooms are great, the staff is friendly and accommodating, and they serve free drinks/food at night. Will recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to Jackson.

Pros:
- Nice rooms with full kitchen
- Good breakfast
- Staff

Cons
- Washer and Dryer were a bit pricey
- Location isn't the best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon CPOinNashville,

Thank you for taking time to write such a thoughtful review of our property! I appreciate you sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor audience and am grateful to guests like you who take the time to share what they like and do not like about our property. This is the only way we learn in what areas we have the opportunity to grow! Thank you again for your kind words about our staff and facilities, and I will be sure to share them with our team!

Safe Travels,

Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good clean new hotel. I have stayed at hotel several times First rate. Even offer free drinks and food at night.
My only issue is rooms are hot and new engery saving systems do not cool rooms down quick. I even had this problem in Dec. Room was too warm when I checked in and took 6 hrs to cool it down.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Good afternoon Reederville!

Thank you for writing a review of our property! I appreciate your many kind words and am truly delighted to know that you continously choose our property for your travel needs. I apologize for any inconvenience or lack of sleep that our heating system caused during your recent stay, we recently have been discussing several solutions to combat this issue. It has certainly been a challenge to keep our rooms set to comfortable temperatures with the constant weather changes we have been experiencing. Your mention of this issue helps me to know what areas need some work, and I appreciate you letting us know this was an issue during your stay. Again, thank you for taking time to write a review and I hope that you and yours have a very happy holiday season!

Safe travels,