“Great Property”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good clean new hotel. I have stayed at hotel several times First rate. Even offer free drinks and food at night.
My only issue is rooms are hot and new engery saving systems do not cool rooms down quick. I even had this problem in Dec. Room was too warm when I checked in and took 6 hrs to cool it down.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Good afternoon Reederville!

Thank you for writing a review of our property! I appreciate your many kind words and am truly delighted to know that you continously choose our property for your travel needs. I apologize for any inconvenience or lack of sleep that our heating system caused during your recent stay, we recently have been discussing several solutions to combat this issue. It has certainly been a challenge to keep our rooms set to comfortable temperatures with the constant weather changes we have been experiencing. Your mention of this issue helps me to know what areas need some work, and I appreciate you letting us know this was an issue during your stay. Again, thank you for taking time to write a review and I hope that you and yours have a very happy holiday season!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Above all else, if the staff is friendly and seems to care, that trumps every other aspect of a stay. The entire crew at Residence Inn made us feel important, comfortable and "at home". Thank you to the whole team at Residence Inn Jackson. We have had some tough travels in the last week but they made it easier starting with great attitudes and lots of patience with our unusual situation. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2012
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Greeting TracyHWhite!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our property! I am so grateful that we were able to provide you with the type of experience that we strive to provide for all of our guests. Providing a "home away from home" for our guest is extremely important to us and I am so happy my staff succeeded in creating that type of experience for you! We wish you all could have stayed longer as well and I do hope that if you ever travel through Jackson again that you will choose us again for your lodging needs. I hope that your travel experience gets better for you and I wish you safe travels and a very happy holidays! Again, Thank you for sharing your experience and please feel free to contact me if you travel to the area again, I would love to hear from you all!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was traveling back to Indiana from Louisiana and originally had planned to stay in Little Rock but decided to put some more miles in. I called Marriott 800 and asked for Marriott locations east of Memphis. Jackson was picked and since this was a Residence Inn, I decided to pick it for the free breakfast.

This could have easily been another kind of hotel but was a RI. The rooms were large and very nice. I went right to sleep up was woken up by some outside noise. I think it was a large diesel engine that was near my window but I never could see it so that is just a guess.

The bedding was comfortable and the room temperature was good. The bathroom was large and easy to use.

The free breakfast was also good. They had some very good scrambled eggs to eat along with some sausage. They had other items, but I was not interested. I grabbed a couple of apples for the road and some coffee and I check out.

This is a great half way point for me so I will consider coming back my next time I travel back to Louisiana.

Room Tip: Get an interior room away from the end of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank daf62757
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Good morning daf62757,

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review of our property! I apologize for the disturbance that you encountered during your stay, but I am delighted to hear that you were comfortable throughout your time with us and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast! We are very lucky to have two amazing breakfast attendants who both seem to always be able to cook the scrambled eggs just right! Thank you again for taking the time to tell the Trip Advisor audience about your experience with us, and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip through the area!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our way back home. The hotel seemed very new. Really cool outside area with a firepit. Lobby and breakfast area very nice as well. The room was huge with a full kitchen and plenty of area to relax and watch TV.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Greetings Tom D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy you were able to enjoy our outdoor fire pit. The weather here the past few weeks has just been perfect for sitting out by the fire! I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and do hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area! Feel free to contact me directly in the future when making plans to visit the Jackson area. I would be more than happy to assist you in making reservations!

Safe travels and Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Residence, while attending a family reunion. We had an all around very pleasant experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In the past we had always stayed at the Doubletree, it was completely booked this trip. I will stay at the Residence Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kspears45
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Good morning Kspears45,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! Your kind comments regarding our staff are much appreciated! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that you will choose the Residence Inn again the next time you are visiting the Jackson area! Please feel free to contact me for future reservations. I would love to be able to assist you in any way possible!

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Nothing on north side of I-40 except new Residence Inn and a new quick-stop gas station. You will have to drive to find restaurants though M-Th you will be served a light meal that may satisfy your appetite. Pricing for rooms is kind of strange-one week the price on Sun was $17 more than the following Thurs. The next week the prices flip-flopped and Sun was $17 cheaper than Thurs?? Unusual.
Rooms are attractive and immaculate. Very nice property.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank rsfred
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Greetings RSFred! Thank you for not only taking the time to write a review of our property but for being our 50th review!! It is such a joy to have guests like you take the time to share their experiences with the Trip Advisor world, WE ARE VERY LUCKY! I am delighted that you enjoyed our quiet property, I love that it is away from the hustle and bustle of the "busy" area of Jackson. I completely understand your comment regarding our unusual pricing. Our rates change often just as they would in a larger city, and I have found that most our guests find that it is odd the Jackson area is in such demand. Luckily for us, it is! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and please do not hesitiate to contact me in the future if you need help with reservations! I would love to hear from you!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

It's rare for a hotel to meet my expectations but in this case this Residence Inn did. This hotel is top-notch both with the rooms and service. They have a variety of option which satisfies not only business travelers but also families that travel.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Heathhud
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Greetings Trip Advisor member,

THANK YOU! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property! It is always nice to know that we are succeeding and providing the type of experience for our guests we pride ourselves upon. We appreciate your patronage and we do hope to see you again in the future! If you need any help making your reservation for you next trip to Jackson please do not hesitate to contact me! I would be more than happy to help!

coach.mklri@