“Pretty good place to spend the night in Jackson” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Jackson

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
The Woodlands, Texas
“Pretty good place to spend the night in Jackson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here overnight on our way back to Texas from Michigan. The staff was was nice and the hotel itself was great. It was clean and the room was very nice. The bed was surprisingly very comfortable (I usually hate almost all hotel beds)! We stayed in a one bedroom suite and the layout was optimal for us. The bathroom was outside of the bedroom which for us is perfect as we were traveling with a 2 year old who needed to go to bed early and we wouldn't have to worry about disturbing him. I read several reviews in advance warning about the road noise from the freeway. Our room did face the freeway and while I could hear it (especially the motorcycles), I didn't find it unbearable. We also travel with a fan for white noise and when it was on we couldn't really hear the road noise at all. We stayed there on a Friday so we missed out on the evening reception, but their breakfast was enjoyable. It was also convenient there was a gas station close to the hotel (you drive right past it on the way to the hotel). Hotel is on the outskirts of town. I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a kind review of our property! It makes me very happy to know that while you did stay on the side of our property facing the interstate, the noise from it did not disturb you. I am glad our room layout and ammenities were helpful to make your stay more enjoyable and I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip through the area! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

coach.mklri@vistahost.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here to break up a two-day road trip from Michigan to Texas. The rooms are a great size, and if we'd arrived at dinner time, the kitchenette would have been a wonderful feature to make use of. (We were so sick of fast food!)

We arrived in our room and had to be switched due to the sleeper sofa mattress being dirty (a kid had an accident, maybe?). Our guess is that the people who were last in the room soiled the mattress and didn't tell anyone, so we don't think this is really the hotel's fault. The hotel staff was understanding and resolved the situation quickly by getting us a new room right away.

The bathroom was nice, and it felt so good to get cleaned up after being on the road all day!

But when we climbed into bed, exhausted and ready to pass out, SQUEAK went the mattress. Every time we moved an inch, SQUEAK. All. Night. Long. I didn't sleep well at all.

Maybe it's a fluke of that one bed? It's in room 300, so beware of that one.

If only the bed hadn't been so horrible, it would have been a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Beware the squeaky bed in room 300
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property! I am sorry to hear that you did not have the type of experience we strive to give our guests. Since we have not had any other reports of squeaky beds, I am hoping it is just the one, and I apologize for the sleepless night it caused you. I have communicated this issue with our Housekeeping Manager and we are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible. Thankfully, the sleeper bed has been taken care of and again, I apologize for the inconvenience you were caused by having to change rooms. Although I am grateful our staff was able to assist you in resolving the situation in a quick and efficient manner. I hope that your experience will not deter you from returning to our property. If you are ever travelling to the area again please contact me directly as I would love to have the chance to win back your business and to provide you with an experience you will never forget!

Coach.mklri@vistahost.net
Brighton, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I came in to do a training meeting in their hotel meeting room. The staff was very accomidating to my meeting needs and also asked multiple times if there was anything else I needed. The meeting room location was perfect in the overall layout of the hotel.
Next I would like to talk about just how comfortable the entire hotel design is. The room layout is very spacious and felt more like a small apartment. The desk work area in the room was very spacious and had multiple power hookups up high on the desk(no crawling around to hook up). I also loved the sofa design and the breakfast table. Also the entire room was spotless with everything in its place.
Outside they have a fire pit and several cozy areas to sit and talk. I sat outside during my stay and talked with customers and even just read a book out there. This is what seperates them from many hotels for the constant traveler.
The staff was very friendly and made me feel like a long time customer on my first visit. My father is traveling in the area this next week and I recomended this hotel very quickly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property! I can never express my gratitude enough when a guest not only enjoys their stay but takes time out of their day to share their experience with the world. We strive to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere, and I am so grateful our goal was met! Thank you again for writing such a kind review, and for referring your father to our property! I look forward to seeing you again during your next stop in Jackson!

Safe Travels,

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at five night in a one bedroom suite. We loved this room. It was nice to have the bedroom separated from the living space as we had guest over on multiple nights. The kitchen read had a full stainless refrigerator and stove. All of the furniture was in excellent condition and looked brand new. We used the laundry and all machines were in good working condition, reasonable priced and the area was clean with a TV. The pool water was warm and the area was very clean.

The breakfast was wonderful and the nightly manager brunch was a wonderful surprise. The staff was always exceptionally polite and went above and beyond to assist with requests. Parking was plentiful and well light.

Our only issue was that we could hear the interstate. It did not bother us, but it might be an issue for some people. Thank you for great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite to the interstate.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a fabulous review of our property! I cannot express how grateful I am to guests like you who take the time out of their busy schedules to write such detailed reviews of our property. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try to provide the very best experience for our guests and it is always nice to hear that our hard work is not going unnoticed! Thank you again for you kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here one night on a cross-country trip. We were delighted with the room -- really nice, clean, and spacious -- and the hotel had a great pool. The location is really odd, though. There are no restaurants or services in the immediate vicinity, so we had to get back on the I-40 to go to dinner (we'd recommend Picasso Pizza, by the way -- very tasty!). Breakfast was okay, but too much plastic ware -- can we have real dishes, please?

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank la2den
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to find time to enjoy the pool area as well. I understand your train of thought when thinking we are located in a somewhat odd area, but we are located just one exit away from just about everything in Jackson and we do offer a complimentary social hour Monday through Thursday. So while you must travel to find restaurants on the weekends, I have found that our guests prefer our quiet location compared to the traffic heavy and constantly under construction areas located in North Jackson. Jackson is slowly growing outward, and this was definitely a deciding factor when choosing our location. I would like to apologize for our use of plastic ware, we are currently trying to find the most cost efficient and green way to change our breakfast plateware selection. We are hoping to have this changed within the next couple of weeks and we are very excited about it! I want to thank you again for your kind review and ask that you please do not hesistate to contact me personally to make reservations if you happen to come to the area again. I can be reached either via email at Coach. mklri@vistahost.net or by phone (731)-935-4100 and I look forward to hearing from you!

Dawson, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hit this Hotel up if in the area for Generals game. We have 2 boys in Minor League Ball and got to see one of them play in Jackson. This was the best hotel that we have ever been and we have been traveling a lot the last few years watching them. The Barb B Q social the Hotel had for there quests was the greatest! The rooms and service was better than excellent.
John from Dawson, PA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John L
SarahScokin, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
WOW! Thank you for writing such a kind review! I know that we are all busy these days and I am so grateful for guests like you, who take the time to share their experiences with us! I am glad you were able to enjoy our stay with us, we try to provide the very best experience for our guests possible and hope that they think of us as a home away from home. It is extremely helpful to us to receive feedback so we know what is working, and what is not and our BBQ night has definitely become a guest favorite!

I honestly cannot express how grateful I am that you had such an enjoyable experience while staying at our property, please feel free to contact me directly when you plan to come back to the area via email at coachmklri@vistahost.net. I would love to meet you and be able to say thank you for writing such a kind review in person!

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am a Marriott customer - I stayed over 120 nights with them, in various brands, in the last year. I was thrilled to find a new Residence Inn in Jackson, TN. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and welcoming. The rooms were well decorated and had a super layout. However there were myriad "little issues" that amounted to me giving this hotel an average rating: air blew on my face all night (very poorly positioned blower), the hotel advertised their new Paul Mitchell brand toiletries but they didn't have a bottle of shampoo in the hotel, one of the elevators was out of order and the other made noises that had me worried it could stop at any minute, they had a water cooler in the fitness room but no cups (sought a glass from my room). Breakfast was normal RI fair (always love the oatmeal) but the egg, potatoes and sausage were all room temperature. Finally the coffee I had was lukewarm - fortunately another thermos emptied quickly and was replaced with hot coffee. All of the small issues result in my reluctant rating of average for this hotel. A little more attention to details by management would make this a fabulous place to stay. Obviously design flaws and broken elevators can't be avoided and I did not consider these in my rating. I'd have given them an average plus if such a rating was available.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AGoingGal
, Guest Service Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are so grateful that you had such a great experience with our staff, they are truly the best!

I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered throughout your stay. I can guarantee these types of issues are not the norm for our property. Luckily, this is the first time one of our elevators has been out of order and we just celebrated our first birthday in June! I have notified the appropriate depatment heads to take care of the breakfast, shampoo and issues with the fitness facility. While I do realize that from time to time issues occur, we do our very best to make sure that our guests do have everything they need, and their happiness is our priority. Again, I apologize for the issues which occurred and hope they do not deter you from visiting our property in the future!

Safe travels,