“VERY UNSANITARY HOUSEKEEPING PRACTICES”

Residence Inn Jackson
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am a travel agent, and up until my stay at this property, have NEVER experienced anything like the service I received at this property and am completely appalled at the Marriott brand for their unresponsive attitude at our testimony. Upon check-in, I always look over the room to ensure it is clean and has everything we need. I noticed very little bath tissue on the holder and some no towels in the bathroom. I found some haphazardly folded hand-towels on the bath vanity, but nothing really looked "in its place". I looked behind the bath door to find a bath towel hanging as if it was just stuffed there, and it had dirt and a red stain (lipstick). There was also trash in the trash can, as well as dirt on the bathroom floor. I checked the bedding, which appeared fresh and clean. I called the front desk and she asked if I would come down, as she was alone. I did, and she called the housekeeper (who was working on a room 2 doors down) on a two way radio. I went back up to our room on the third floor to see the housekeeper exiting my room with the dirty towel, folding it! She went into the dirty room where she was working and after about 30 seconds met me at my door with 2 folded bath towels. I asked her if she emptied the trash and she went in the room and emptied it, but was disbelieving that the trash was in there when we arrived. When she left, I commented to my husband that the towels smelled and opened one of them only to find the same dirt and lipstick stain! UNBELIEVABLE! I carried the dirty towels to the front desk and the clerk called a different housekeeper who took me to the laundry room and retrieved clean towels for me and apologized. The desk clerk and 2nd housekeeper apologized and I assured them we would be fine. I went back and found the bathroom floor dirty and cleaned it with wet wipes that I carry when I travel, as well as cleaned the toilet, tup and vanity/sink area. The kitchen appeared clean, until we went to make coffee the next morning and found coffee in the bottom of the pot and a dirty filter in the maker. The rooms are beautiful, the concept is awesome. The pool contained salt water, I hope, as my daughter told me the bottom was very grainy and it had the "saltwater" green cast to the water, but the hot tub looked horrible and everyone that went to use it changed their mind when they arrived. The outdoor patio and grill area was awesome. Another guest was grilling steak and having wine, enjoying it. The breakfast the next morning was awesome and the crew working it were very diligent in getting us and anyone else anything they needed. I have emailed the property manager and Marriott Customer Service and have only received the same reply twice that the info was being fwd to the proper people and I would receive a reply within 3-5 business days. I am still waiting for the reply.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Wizetrvlr
cstanfillGSM, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

You have my deepest and most sincere apologies for the unexpected and unacceptable experience with cleaniness and service at my property. We have gone through some changes in management recently I would love to hear from you, please contact me anytime, 731/935/4100 ask for Chris, or shoot me an e-mail, coach.mklri@vistahost.net. I look forward to hearing from you, I would love to have you back.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Jackson

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I am late on writing a review for this hotel, I stayed there the first day that it opened for business. The impressive thing was that the staff could not have been nicer for their first week on the job. The "free hotel" breakfast was outstanding, not just another free waffle place. The manager's hour in the evening was great after a long day in the field. The rooms are arranged just perfect for the business traveler and the extended stay person.
Our group enjoyed the outdoor fireplace both with and without the rainy nights. The price was outstanding considering what you get for your stay. The two weeks went without a hitch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the interstate side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank airdronepilot
cstanfillGSM, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We don't mind if it took a little while, we know you're busy. I really appreciate the details about the fire pit, isn't it awesome! Hope to have you back soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Opened only a month ago, the Residence Inn was a welcome respite from a long day on the road. According to the friendly desk clerk, it's a new concept for the brand. It was a mid-rise, with beautiful, modern furnishings. Large bathroom, nice dressing area, big desk, comfortable couch, and a well-appointed kitchen with really nice cabinets. Loved the decor. The exercise room had Life Fitness treadmills and bikes with built-in TVs just like the gym I belong to. They had an outdoor grilling area with classy (and comfortable) outdoor furniture. My only quibble is that the delicious breakfast didn't open until 6:30 a.m. We wanted to get an early start on the road and would have liked it to open at 6:00.

Room Tip: If highway noise bothers you, ask to be on the north side. It wasn't loud, but I could hear traf...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
cstanfillGSM, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed the property and the kind words about the staff. I'll see what we can do about the breakfast times. Safe Travels!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I'm rather loyal to the Marriott brand, so a new Residence Inn in Jackson, TN, grabbed my attention. They had been open 10 days. The newness and inexperience showed.

The place smelled new. The staff was overly attentive. The social hour was underway and after checking in, I enjoyed the delicious food offered. I settled into the lovely studio room. Then I looked closer. The room was dirty.

Tile floors in the kitchen showed dirt splotches and shoe prints. Repulsive long strands of black hair lay in the kitchen floor. Small pieces of paper were near the toilet.

A phone call to the desk brought apologies and an offer to move me to another room, which I took, after repacking my things, no small effort. The new room seemed cleaner but shoe prints and splotches were still evident on the floor. The staff member tried to explain it away as normal construction evidence. Stickers were still attached to refrigerator shelves.

Breakfast the next day was adequate, nothing special. No decaf coffee was available. No bill was slid under the door. The desk check out girl seemed unsympathetic that I told her my experiences when she asked if all was okay. I was offered no discount for my inconveniences. I opted not to talk to a manager so I'm chalking this up to their newness. It was not worth the extra cost of a RI and not up to Marriott's typical higher standard. I think the opened before the were ready!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank TN_Girl40
cstanfillGSM, Manager at Residence Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. The appropriate actions have been taken to correct issues noted. I personally appologize. I would have loved to have heard from you the following morning. Safe travels! Thank you for being loyal to the Marriott brand.