“Cajun and Mexican Yum”

Ranked #11 of 232 Restaurants in Jackson
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food was great. I was expecting run of the mill Mexican but it definitely was not. Food presentation was perfect, I almost didn't want to eat it. It was busy when my husband and I went so service was not up to par as it would have been during a less busy time I think. Our waiter was kind and pleasant and gave us a little history behind the owner and locations of other Coyote Blues. Great combo of Mexican and Cajun. Food was awesome and filling and my husband and I shared dessert which was bread pudding. I'd never had bread pudding before but it was to die for and such a heavenly taste. You just had to close your eyes and enjoy the rich flavor and the warmth of the dessert. The desert was very pleasing to the eye and the palate. The downside is that it is a bit more expensive but definitely worth the price every once and awhile.

There are newer reviews for Coyote Blues

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my first visit to Coyote Blues. Although they have been in Jackson several years, I had not really been interested in giving it a try. Don't know why other than I tend to avoid the trendy. So I was really surprised at the menu selections and atmosphere. It was a happy place,but not too noisy. I selected the Portabello and Spinach Quesidillas and they were delish. I added 6 grilled shimp-which made it perfect even though it brought the price up to around $20....but so worth it. Everyone in our partynof four complimented the food. The only negative was the service...our server was very nice, but a little scattered. My entree was turned in wrong, so Imhad to wait a bit (glad I got the shrimp first) and our bills were not accurate, so they had to redo. But, overall a great experience and delicious food.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Interesting and somewhat unexpected in this part of the world. Service was friendly and fast. The beer selection could be better. My wife enjoyed the 2-for-1 margaritas. Asked the waiter what he thought was the best thing on the menu: he immediately stated "the Chrrascaria" so that's what I ordered. It was really quite good and the presentation was fantastic. Four different types of meet, all seasoned a bit differently (a shrimp skewer, a knockworst skewer, then chicken and beef skewers which come with their own sauces). All the meets were cookedperfectly, seasoned well and the dish was piping hot on arrival. The skewers are sitting as a tower atop mashed potatoes surrounded by a flakey tortillia crisp. Too much to finish (and I have a big appetite). I think the seasoning made the shrimp. The wife had the ceviche which she enjoyed. I would go back to try some of their other menu items if I were passing through again. Kind of a nice little find.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We visited Coyote Blues tonight to celebrate Mothers Day early with my mother/Father in-laws and Brother/Sister in-laws. They were very,VERY busy, but fortunately we called ahead and were seated within 10 minutes of arriving. We were seated in a front room and it was really loud. There are no shades on the windows and the sun was in my father-in-laws eyes the whole time we were there. My husband picked up his menu and there was avocado dip (someone else's because we had not received ours yet) all over the front of the menu. I handed him mine and when he opened it there was salsa in mine. I'm a little OCD about cleanliness so this really bothered me. Things looked up from there though. Our waitress was quick and efficient without being pushy and annoying. She took our drink order and returned quickly with our drinks, chips, salsa and avocado dip and took our meal order. We enjoyed chips and salads and as soon as we finished our salads, our meal was served. She refilled our glasses without having to be asked and she was so quick she never even interrupted the flow of our conversation. The portions are beyond generous and beware the large burrito is big enough for two and then some so I always order a small. Everything was delicious and we all cleaned our plates! When we finished our meal our waitress brought our checks but did not make us feel like we had to hurry and get up so they could get another group in our place. We used the restroom facilities before leaving and again, cleanliness was an issue. The food and service are excellent, but I gave it a 4 because of the clean factor. They have recently moved to this location. Personally I enjoyed their last location much more. It had see through fireplaces, nice decore, and was much quieter because the bar area was at the back. Even with the negatives though it was an excellent meal. Will definitely ask to be seated in the main dining room next time!

1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just not my kinda resturant. My wife and her family loved it so I have to give it an ok. I didn't like the taste nor the price but the service was good. The atmosphere was a little up scale for me also.

Been to Coyote Blues? Share your experiences!