“It was great...but now it's gone”
Review of Abbay's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Abbay's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Abbay's is how the south does fast food. We serve home made food straight from grandma' kitchen to your plate. Wether you're getting it to go through our drive thru or dining in with us you'll enjoy the robust flavor of our food. There's simply no one else that does southern soul food like us!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a great place to eat with wonderful food and even better sweet tea! however, they did not get enough business because of the type of food (authentic southern) did not appeal to the masses of Jackson. Sad to see it go....

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food was okay, but the people behind the counter were kind of robot-like, and disengaged from us as first time Abbay's customers. It had a unique menu that a glazed-over, tired-at-the-end-of-the-day patron like me needed a little help with. When robo-server finally came out of sleep-mode she talked too fast. Oh well, I think it'll probably go out of business soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I ordered the slaw burger, I asked them to put the slaw on the side not on the burger and they didn't do as I asked. It was alright. We go there as my son likes their chili bowl made with a cornbread bowl. He really likes it that way and says the chili is very good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been here several times and will be back. They have true country cooking, with true country-sized plates. The sides are all seasoned so good! They serve really great fried okra, if you like that sort of thing. :-)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Country fried steak---overcooked and very small......Fried Pork Chop---Rancid taste, bad meat or cooked in rancid grease. Gravy--to salty. Mashed potatoes? Don't know! Covered in salty gravy about 3/8 inch thick in a small container. Howerver, cabage was extremely good!!

Prices ok if portions had been bigger.

Resturant and restroom clean.

I can't believe we past up a Cracker Barrell to get to this place only because of the slick ad on internet.