“Decent meal”

Old Hickory Steak House
Ranked #28 of 221 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dresden, Tennessee
“Decent meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

What we ate was good enough but we also had a problem with them being out of things. Out of pecans for the pecan chicken salad, out of roast beef (abt 4:00 on Saturday). The salad dressings were great so was the horseradish sauce served with the fried mushrooms. My steak was ordered WELL - it was VERY pink - I even suggested to the server that they butterfly it to make sure it was done. Monterey chicken was good!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank blgraves

Brownsville, Tennessee
“Great place for steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We found this place after having to wait extended periods of time at other places. So glad we did. We have gone back several times over. Their steaks are delicious and rarely do I ever need to add seasoning. I love their homemade ranch and spicy ranch dressings. We have tried several appetizers and the only one we would have changed any was the buffalo chips (or something like that). I also love thier sweet potato casserole. Its not fancy, but everyone has been very friendly and the food is good.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Misty H
Jackson, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good service, small portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

good selection when in stock, sometime they do not have menu items. some items overcooked. Best selection is Sunday

Visited November 2012
Washington, DC
“Better than the tourist trap across the street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We tried the Casey Jones restaurant in a tourist trap stright out of the 1950s. We left instantly and ended up at Old Hickory. Nothing great, but nothing awful. Decent cheap steak and nice salad. Inexpensive and local. I wouldn't drive out of my way, but if you are stuck there, you could do worse.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jxx9595
New York City, New York
“Where the locals go for a good, juicy steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Te hotel referred me here, telling me it was locally owned adnd good food...and they told me the truth.
Reasonably priced, friendly staff very open if you want to change something on your entree.
I had the filet, which was prepared perfectly and served with a huge baked potato fully loaded....and don't forget to have the texas toast and bread pudding for dessert. Yum!

Visited August 2012