“informal dining” 4 of 5 bubbles

Twist Midtown Grill & Bar
Ranked #52 of 221 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
helsinge
“informal dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had dinner with our 2 kids, nice meal and friendly staff. Food was great.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank louise t

Sevierville Tn
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I love the Sunday Brunch that they have at Twist. Very attentive service is always a plus when I am on a time constrant. Will come back again and again.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Charming10040535
Jackson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant ever!!!!!! Friendly staff, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I went to Twist over the holidays and it was fantastic! The atmosphere is wonderful, such a great place to sit and enjoy yourself! Management made a point to come to the table and make sure we were fully satisfied! Go to Twist!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank issac2310
“A horrible restaurant at a great hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We came down for a quick breakfast while staying at the Doubletree. Big mistake. Awful service and terrible food. One of the worst waffles I've ever had, and it took forever to make. Our experience seemed similar to other tables around - one group had to get their food to go after waiting for eons. Avoid if you can.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good food, Service was really lacking!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I made reservations for 12 for Brunch. The only table that could seat all of us was in the dining room (?) close to all the food. The convenience was great, but, the room was very generic and reminded me of a cafeteria!! I much would have rather sat on the pretty side.
I have to say that the food selection was very good and so was the quality. My major disappointment was in the service!! They brought fresh bread & butter to our table. We got 2 small baskets & 1 dish of butter. The waitress was very quick to get our drinks, but, from there it went downhill! I asked for more bread & butter, since we had such a large group, & she acted like it pained her to get it. She was very slow to refill our drinks & very lax in clearing our plates. I know this is buffet, but, if they are trying to give the impression of a "nice" restaurant & expect a tip, I think they need to step up their service!

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Debi M
DoubleTreeJackson, Manager at Twist Midtown Grill & Bar, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for joining us for one of our brunches. I'm glad that you enjoyed the selection of food. We appriciate your business and the group you brought with you.

I apologize for the service you received during your visit. I have alerted our staff of your concerns so they will not be issues for future guests.

We appriciate your feedback and have taken measures to ensure great service in the future. I hope we can better serve you and your guests next time.