“Great Hotel”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I thought the hotel was great. I was only in town overnight and got in terribly late, but the beds were comfortable, both the bath and the room was very clean. Everything was updated and nicely appointed. The room included a microwave and fridge which was an added convenience. I was at given a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators and it was very quiet. The beds were a little high but very comfortable. There was enough bedding that I didnt have to ask for extra blankets which I typically do because I catch a chill easily.

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. And Casey Jones village is right next to the property. Although the staff was not bubbling over with excitement to see me I thought it was nice that the front desk host called the room to see if the keys left at the front counter were mine. I saw them upon check in and they were not mine but I thought it was a very nice gesture. And he was very polite throughout the check in process. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I made a decision on this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and Trip Advisor didn’t let me down. I believe this hotel was recently rebuilt from the ground up within the last couple years and they did a fine job. I always look for good value when I select a hotel, and I believe this hotel met the bill. Two other hotels were in contention, which were the Doubletree Hotel and the Jameson Inn. All three hotels are clustered within a half-mile of each other, but in the final analysis I believed the Comfort Inn to have the best value (location, comfort, and amenities for the price). The others were viable options. The location is superb, centrally located but somewhat tucked away in a secluded southwest corner of the intersection of I-40 and Keith Short – US-45 ByPass next to the Casey Jones recreation area. It is within close proximity and often walking distance to a plethora of restaurants and shopping. You can find just about any type food you want within a half-mile radius of the hotel. The “Columns” shopping area is right across the interstate.

The hotel and room were nicely decorated and laid out. The room accommodated three persons very well, as the single bed sleeper sofa was a boon. Several of the tables and lamps were easily movable which came in handy as I rearranged the room to make a (laptop computer) desk and small luggage area closer to the bed area on the right side of the TV étagère. This was necessary as the sleeper sofa engulfed the normal space in their typical location. The amenities were nice with a microwave, a refrigerator, and a flat screen HDTV (about 42”). Though I didn’t find any HD channels, the size was nice. The wireless internet worked well, though I had some concern about security as multiple networks were accessible and no documentation was provided regarding “authorized” SSID names and access. Desk clerk was helpful, but still couldn’t explain to my satisfaction. But again, internet accessibility was not a problem, and was speedy (a couple internet computers with a printer are available in the lobby). Though I travel with a power strip (too many gadgets !) the room did have a good number of accessible electrical outlets. There was a small safe/vault in the closet, though we didn’t use it.

The two double beds were quite comfortable and appeared to be pillowtops, adding to the comfort, along with a surplus of pillows. Though I didn’t test the sleeper sofa, the person that used it said it was adequate. The A/C system was very efficient and was an under window wall unit controlled by a digital wall thermostat.

As typical, all is never perfect but the negatives were small. The bathroom was nice, but had no vent or fan so fogged mirrors were a problem. The bathroom sink drain was slow, the bathtub was slippery with no mat, and the bathroom door hinges squeaked like a haunted house. The only one I actually reported was the door hinges, and a maintenance person was sent to promptly fix. Possibly the sink and bathtub (mat ?) might’ve been fixed as well had I asked. Water pressure was good and water temperature control efficient. Toilet flush was effective. One nuisance was that all three electronic door keys malfunctioned on more than one occasion disallowing room access, creating the need for a lobby trip for re-keying. Seems they have a software glitch they need to fix. They front desk staff were friendly and courteous.

The complimentary breakfast was also very good as there were real eggs, real meat (bacon or sausage), biscuits & gravy (be early !), and batter to make your own Belgian waffles. There was also hot (oatmeal) and cold cereals, muffins & pastries, and a good compliment of hot & cold beverages. It was so popular it was a challenge for the attendant to keep everything replenished. Everything was tasty, so there’s no real need to eat breakfast elsewhere. The breakfast area seemed to have an adequate supply of tables.

The indoor pool and heated spa were not used, but looked very inviting, and the exercise room was small but adequate.

Overall it was an excellent stay despite the small nuisances, and I would certainly stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We had a handicap accessible room on the 2nd floor. Why on the 2nd or 3rd floor? Tornado sirens blew, Jackson flooded and if a tornado had hit, how would I have gotten off the 2nd floor? I am in a w/c...cannot manage stairs. The bed was so high I had much diffculty getting into or out of the bed. Why put a high bed in a room that is specifically for someone in a w/c because of weaknesses? The carpet was a nice carpet, but too thick for managing a w/c. I worked really hard just moving around the room. If I had had arm weaknesses, I could not have managed. The bathroom was great...the size of the room was great. The service was great but you might think about putting your handicap accessible rooms on the first floor, put indoor/outdoor carpet in it and replace the high beds with low beds.
dedragg@sbcglobal.net

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank savior_10
Reviewed April 5, 2010

*** Disclaimer ********
Though I liked this hotel....I would not condone doing business with Choice Hotels unless you really have to. They employ dishonest and misleading business practices as a corporate policy in my personal opinion.

The hotel was like a oasis in the desert. It was about 10pm and I am crazy tired. Call the dishonest thugs at Choice Hotel and they tell me they have a new place not yet in their directory. Pool clean. Staff super friendly and down to earth. All new decor and food bar clean as a surgical suite with a smiling young black woman who was as pleasant as could be. I give it about another year under seedy corporate management before it starts looking like their other hotels. Get there while it's new.

I feel like I spent this $120 wisely, despite Choice Hotel misleading in their 1+ 1 + free ad which should read 1+1+ free at one of our seedier hotels.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Hadn't planned on stopping but we were tired of driving in the snow.
The hotel was a nice place to get away from the weather.
The desk clerk was very nice and friendly. The room was nice and warm. Breakfast in the morning was not your typical free breakfast. There was also fresh cooked eggs, sausage and bacon.
The whole experience was a good one.
If we feel the need to stop in the area again this hotel is a must.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2010

My husband and I were thrilled to have stayed at the brand new Comfort Suites in Jackson. The staff was very friendly and the room accomadations were excellent. The indoor pool was a great luxury considering it was 7 degrees outside. It was nice to have a full hot breakfast--eggs and meat and the waffles were great as well. The Casey Jones Village and restaurant was just down the hill and we were delighted to be so close. Would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Jackson and we will be back later in the Spring.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

The rooms were nice and the breakfast was delicious. The hotel was fairly new and it did take a couple of minutes to figure out how to get to this place. Our first night we were greeted by the genuinely nice evening attendant.
However, on our way back home we stopped again two nights later and were treated terribly by a different attendant. Bad attitudes seem to be the norm in Jackson, TN so I can't really blame the guy.
Irregardless we will not be repeating our visit. The price we paid was not worth the poor customer service we received.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family