“Staff needs customer service training”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Kingsport
“Staff needs customer service training”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We walked into the lobby of this hotel to check in and found two very frazzled desk clerks. They apparently were having technical difficulties of some sort which caused them to completely ignore us. One of the clerks finally mumbled they were having technical problems and I responded with, "Oh I thought I was just invisible." Her responce was, "No, I saw you." The proper way to handle this situation would have been to welcome us to your hotel and apologize for the checkin delay. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. The morning staff the next day were a much happier crew. This is a very clean hotel with a super comfy bed, so its a shame the staff doesn't think nice is important. NICE IS ALWAYS IMPORTANT.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roselady53
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Greetings,
Hello and please allow me to apologize, again, as I did when you walked up to the desk to check in. Unfortunately, my printer went out and I was on my hands and knees on the floor under the cabinet trying to repair when you walked in. (I am the General Manager and unfortunately, LOL, have to do the dirty work), and you are correct, it was a frazzled moment trying to get my registrations printed for the client that was being assisted by the other desk clerk, Anyway, I looked up and saw you and said 'hello folks with the best smile I have, and you said you 'thought you must have been invisible ". I was shocked at your remark and could tell you were offended and tried to give you my best customer service with a smile and even joked about the printer.
Actually, I am truly surprised that you have written this review as a negative because I did everything I could do to explain the situation and apologize for the fact that I was on the floor trying to fix the printer.
Again, please allow me to apologize for not seeing you immediately when you walked in. I did ask my desk associate if she acknowledged you while waiting on her client and she confirmed that she said she would be right with you.
Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very beautiful with all amenities and class as a higher end chain. I will stay again when in the area. The breakfast was hearty, rooms were comfortable and clean, along with trendy design. A slight downfall is the staff during check in wasn't so friendly. Didn't inform me of things like the food in the evening, recognition as a diamond member etc. However, the stay was great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings and thanks!
We truly appreciate your patronage and taking the time to write your kind review. Your feedback is encouragement for us to continue to strive for excellent customer service.
Please allow me to apologize if the desk clerk did not tell you about our happy hour. We offer an afternoon snack for our guest as some may not have had time for lunch or may be hungry for a little something when they arrive. This is available Monday through Thursday and is placed on the counter in the breakfast area adjacent to the front desk area.
Again thanks for your review and we hope to see you again.
Halls, TN
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We live near Jackson so there is really no need to stay in a hotel but periodically we stay here anyway--mainly for the pool! It is a good size and the perfect warm temperature! Best indoor pool we've ever encountered. There is also a hot tub that is great and large enough for several guests. The hotel itself is always clean. The breakfast is great, too--plenty of good food. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. When it gets too cold to swim outside at home, this is a perfect place for our kids to swim. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If, like us, you're looking to swim, ask for a ground floor room. They have always granted us th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Beth K!
Thanks for the wonderful review of our pool! I do agree, it is a great venue for a cold winter day or a hot sunny one if you don't want to get burned! As well, I truly appreciate your recognition of the hotel and staff. Your kind words will be used as encouragement and motivation for us to always keep in mind that customer service is paramount. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon!
Louisiana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent service! Offered us a great group rate for 5 rooms when another hotel in the city did not offer us any kind of discount. Hotel is very clean and still looks brand new. Excellent breakfast choices! Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Greetings LovetoGo369!
Please allow us to say thanks for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our beautiful new hotel. Your feedback means so much to our staff and we truly appreciate your time and your patronage. I hope you will be able to stay with us again when traveling through Jackson!
Warest Regards,
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped for the night, arriving around 12:30 in the morning. The night manager was one of the best I have encountered. Very customer focused and ready to help.

The hotel is in great shape, clean and quiet. We slept great.

The location is in a good area and very secure.

Breakfast was the normal Choice Hotel fare.

Dear Barb W and family,
I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and especially happy to know that my staff was mentioned with praise. We truly appreciate your patronage and especially appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future!
The Colony, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Myself, my sister and her 2 children happened to luck into this hotel after visiting the Casey Jones Village which is located within walking distance from the hotel. We were glad we did. The room was a perfect fit for us. It was spacious and very clean. It had 2 huge queens, a sofa bed, microwave and small frig. The breakfast served in the morning was fantastic. We were disappointed when we tried to book a room for a return trip home due to a full capacity the following week, but gave it a chance call on our return and were delighted to find out they had a cancelation. Both William and Lori were very courteous and helpful with any additional information we needed. I will highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. Thank you for making this a wonderful part of our vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Barb W and family,
Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel. Your comments and feedback is what keeps our staff motivated; and gives us the encouragement to continue to strive for our ultimate goal of customer satisfaction!.
I hope that you and your family will visit with us again soon!
Middleburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I had a king suite which adjoined with our daughter/son-in-law and four small children in their double queen suite. The rooms were very clean, spacious, nicely decorated and had good air-conditioning. Beds were very comfortable, but pillows a little too soft for me - I just doubled up and that worked fine. Continental breakfast was very good and their were multiple choices of hot and cold foods, fruits, etc. The staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful with directions to local stores. The heated pool was fantastic - clean, warm and large enough for all of us and a couple other families to all enjoy. The hot tub was clean as well and was a welcome luxury after driving nine hours! My husband is not one to pass out compliments on most hotels, but even he made several nice comments about this facility. Off the main road, but easy enough to find by watching for the hotel's tall locator signs. Directly across from Casey Jones attraction, but did not take advantage of this tourist site. I would definitely seek out this particular hotel to stay at again and highly recommend it for anyone visiting Jackson, Tennessee.

Dear Terry B.
Please accept my sincere thanks for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Jackson,TN. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review as it is those comments and compliments that keep our staff movtivated to reach our daily goals of customer satisfaction.
We hope that you will stop by and stay with us again in the future!