“Quick overnight stay with family”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My family and I were in town for my graduation from grad. school. We had a wonderful experience at Comfort Suites! The room was spacious, clean, and perfect for a family with young children. The front desk clerk was very friendly and we felt was truly there to serve every guest. If we are ever in Jackson again, we will come back to this great hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carrie S
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Carrie S,
Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule to write this kind compliment of our hotel. It is our ultimate goal to make sure that our guest have all the comforts of home with a friendly smile. We truly appreciate your trust in our services and thank you again. And...Congrats on your graduation!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having stayed here in February, I certainly chose to stay here another two nights. The consistency of excellence in service, room cleanliness, neatness, and atmosphere of comfort was as I commended it in February. My previous stay here was no fluke! The staff was friendly and courteous, reflecting their wonderful Manager, Billie Duke. She has to be one of the friendliest, most helpful, and efficient Motel Managers I have the pleasure of dealing with. The motel is located next to Casey Jones Restaurant with country buffet meals, plenty of other restaurants within a mile or two, and lots of shopping available. There is always cheaper, but never better motel accommodations than there are at Comfort Suites, and, frankly, their rates are quite competitive.

Room Tip: Though next to Interstate, it is enough removed that traffic sounds are not a problem. The double Qu...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nanteyea

Dear Nanteyea!
Many thanks for your glowing review of our hotel in Jackson,TN! Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority. I am so pleased to hear that we were successful in our efforts, and that you trusted our service and product with a repeat visit. As well, thanks so much for recognizing the efforts of our individual employees. These compliments mean so much to them and is a great reward for their hard work.
We look forward to many more visits and hope that we will always live up to your expectations.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stopped late one night traveling to Florida and was greeted by William at the front desk. He was extremely polite and helpful. William put us in a king suite on the first floor. The room was awesome. Nice big tv, very comfortable bed, and spacious bathroom (my fiance has a lot of stuff..) We got there too late to swim, but the pool and hot tub looked very nice. The next morning we had biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes, eggs - delicious! The breakfast lady was super nice ( I think her name was Clara) The general manager (Ms. Billie) checked us out and thanked us for staying. The entire staff was very polite and helpful, this place knows what they're doing when it comes to customer service! Next time we come through Jackson we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Mr. Charlie C,
I read your wonderful comment regarding the staff and hotel amenities at the Comfort Suites in Jackson,TN and want to take this moment to say 'thanks'! On behalf of the Management and Staff, we truly appreciate your positive comments. This is what makes us stive to give our customers the best in service and product. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review and hope to see you again in the near future. Happy Holidays to you and safe travels.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We decided to stop in Jackson,TN rather than driving late into the night while traveling to relatives over the holiday break. After reviewing our options of motels and hotels, we decided to stop at the Comfort Suites in Jackson, TN. We've stayed at Comfort Suites before and was hoping this was a new facility so we called to inquire. Clay,the desk clerk that answered the phone, was one of the reasons we decided to stay because he gave us all the information we needed to know in a friendly and informative manner. He told us the hotel was just a few years old and the rooms were suites. He also mentioned that they had a great breakfast and an indoor pool -so we gave it a go. Upon our arrival, we found that the hotel was bright, cheery and welcoming with the fireplace lit in the lobby. The room was immaculate and the staff was friendly and accomodating. The housekeeper even brought my daughter an extra pillow for her dolly. As a Mom, I can surely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with their family. We left saying this was a wonderful experience because of the atmosphere and the staff. We will stop here again for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Julie,
Greetings and many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Jackson, TN. It is always nice to hear that our hotel has met our guest expectations in cleanliness and presentation; and it is especially nice to know that our staff is doing a good job. We appreciate you selecting The Comfort Suites and hope that you will stop by and stay with us again!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I chose Comfort Suites after deciding to schedule a quick getaway with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday (11/23/2012 to 11/25/2012). I had a pleasant experience with the desk clerk when I checked in on Friday (11/23/2012 as well as with the night clerk that worked Friday night, After working out, I remembered that I needed clean towels so I stopped at the hotel desk and asked for two sets of bath towels. I was rudely greeted by "Cortez, in training" and I am specifically stating his name here because he informed me to be sure to spell his name correctly in the event I decided to express my concerns with upper management. I asked for towels and was told, without even glancing in my direction, that I had to bring my used towels down first. Obviously, since I had never experienced this before, I was a bit taken aback; however, I simply said "ok" and went upstairs to retrieve my used towels, When I came back down I handed over all of the towels and proceeded to inquire as to why I had to bring down the towels. Mr. Cortez simply asked rudely, "what type" of towels I needed, without even acknowledging my question. I then asked if a manager was on duty and he walked away and snatched up a business card and handed it to me stating, "be sure to spell my name correctly when you complain. My name is spelled CORTEZ". I had no desire to argue with this individual and was quite shocked with his extremely rude behavior. I simply walked away and went back upstairs and dialed the number listed on the card. What I received was not a manager, but the individual working the front desk; therefore, I asked Mr. Cortez how I could reach the manager on duty was rudely advised to call back on Monday. He also stated something like, "everyone has their day, and it is a known policy of the hotel that guests have to bring down their own towels", and that if I called "him" again that he would call the police. I simply thanked Mr. Cortez and hung up. I immediately checked out and unfortunately, had to deal with the same individual. Mr. Cortez handed me my receipt without saying a word.

I want to make it clear that I was NOT dissatisfied with the hotel or the other two clerks that worked during my stay; however, Mr. Cortez' behavior was totally unacceptable and unprofessional and for whatever it's worth, I will escalate this matter further. NO ONE should have to deal with this type of service anywhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank l h
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Ms. Hill,

Please allow me to apologize to you, again, for the behavior of our new desk clerk; and please understand that this behavior does not reflect our staff or policies.

I hope that you did receive my immediate response issued to you regarding this situation by email and that you accept my sincere apology and immediate action to your response.

Our hotel operates with one focus in mind, customer service..... We have won awards every year regarding our service by our guest responses. We regret that our desk clerk was rude and unaccomodating.

I do appreciate your fair statement that their were no other problems with the hotel or the rest of the staff.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

OK, it's a Comfort Suites -- but it's a fairly new Comfort Suites and everything is pretty spiffy. You can see it from I-40 but it's a tad difficult to get to from there. But once you're there, you're in good hands. Great rates and excellent service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings! ...and thanks for the wonderful comment regarding our beautiful Comfort Suites in Jackson,TN. I'm truly glad you did have great navigation skills and hope that you'll come back again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was our second time staying here. Front desk was very professional and friendly. Room was clean and neat.did notice corner of shower had a bit of black mold and needs to be addressed. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Continental breakfast was very well maintained by Clara. There was a large gathering staying at the hotel for a youth event and state fair yet everything was very pleasant and managed well. Would recommended. We will be back next year. Thank you.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Friends,
Many thanks for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Jackson,TN. It is guest like yourself, who take the time to congratulate us for a job well done, that encourages us to continue to strive for excellence in customer service.
I hope that you will come back to see us very soon. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again.