“Awesome Hotel, Very Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome Hotel, Very Comfortable”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I, after being disappointed with our reservations at the Knights Inn in Jackson, decided to stay here. We called the Comfort Suites asking if they had availability, which they only had a King Bed Suite with Jacuzzi. My wife and I, only got married a month ago, decided why not, and booked the hotel. I would definitely suggest asking if they can go any lower on their prices from their initial quote. I was quoted 150, and got it down to 135 simply by asking if they could go any lower.

Anyway, the staff was very friendly, got us situation as soon as thy could. There was only one guy on, but it was around midnight and I understood the situation. We were very pleased with our room, the cleanliness and the jacuzzi especially. The button took a bit to find for the jets, but it was awesome!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the TV was large and easy to see. This is hardly a gripe, but it wasn't HDTV and the quality felt like I was watching something out of the 80s, but still, who gets a hotel room to just watch TV right? Another slight gripe is that the vending machines aren't on every floor. My wife wanted to get a Diet Coke and when it was sold out on our floor (the 3rd) we went to the second, but there was no vending machine there. We had to go down to the 1st floor to get to another machine for her Coke. Also, the hotel shop is a little hard to see and a lot of people may miss it. All that said, I loved the hotel and the stay, just little things that kept me from rating it a 5 star. It's definitely above average in most respects.

The breakfast was included and was very good. They had waffles, yogurts, juices, pastries, etc. It was really quite good and all included in the price of the room. Over all I would very highly recommend it in the Jackson area, despite being a little more pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower price before taking the first quote they give you!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Greetings from Comfort Suites to the newlyweds! We truly appreicate your past stay with us in Jackson TN and hope that you will stop by and stay with us again. As always, we appreicate your kind compliments and constructive suggestions; as we stive to give our guest a wonderful experience. Hope to see you again soon. Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Camden, Tennessee
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Had some trouble finding it but i new it was close to casey jones village. When we arrived i new we were going to stay. when i looked it up on the internet the pics didn't do it justice. the hot tub is warm with great jets and is 3 and a half foot deep. the second time i've been in a pool that was the perfect temperature in my whole life. they have a sweet shop behind the check in counter. ate free breakfast that had numerous choices and all was great! the room had 2 nice queen beds and a sleeper sofa. everything i asked for was given promptly. everything was clean, even your wash cloths are folded in the shape of a fan. shower in motel was warm and had great pressure. good wireless internet, nice lobby! no complaints except need a snack machine also. sweet shop sold cracker jacks and popcorn but craved microwavable food for supper. also needs a bar. room has adjustable thermostat on the wall also which was nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
It's almost June and we want you to visit again! Many thanks for your kind remarks regarding our beautiful new hotel in the Casey Jones Village in Jackson,TN! Please make a point to stay with us again when you are traveling in our area. We appreciate your patronage and wish you the Warmest Regards,
Bristol, VA
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Stayed here on Thurs May 26, 2011. Beautiful suite room, everything worked, everything clean, right next to Casey Jones Village and Store (if you go for that sort of thing), in-room fridge, 1-cup coffeemaker (minor annoyance), free good breakfast. Definitely worth a little extra. I bargained them down to $99/night+tax before deciding to stay.

Room Tip: Bargain for the best rate
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Greetings from the Comfort Suites Jackson, TN! We truly appreciate your kind remarks regarding your stay with us last May and hope that you will make a return trip when passing through our city.
As an avid coffee drinker, I must say that I too would rather have a glass coffee pot rather than the single cup servers; however, our local health department prefers us to have the singles. So, to make sure our customers have plenty of coffee, we have fresh hot coffee in our lobby area 24 hours!
Thanks again! Warmest Regards,
Durham, NC
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Excellent, modern hotel. Rooms are large and well lit. Breakfast was good the desk staff friendly but "snippy" with comments, kind of funny actually. I had misplaced my credit card and was still allowed a room based on my status as a choicehotel regular so I was very happy about this.
An enjoyable stay

• Stayed March 2011
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Greetings from the Comfort Suites Jackson,TN! We appreciate your patronage and hope that your will stay with us again when passiing through our city. Warmest Regards,
Msupandgo
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I thought the hotel was great. I was only in town overnight and got in terribly late, but the beds were comfortable, both the bath and the room was very clean. Everything was updated and nicely appointed. The room included a microwave and fridge which was an added convenience. I was at given a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators and it was very quiet. The beds were a little high but very comfortable. There was enough bedding that I didnt have to ask for extra blankets which I typically do because I catch a chill easily.

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. And Casey Jones village is right next to the property. Although the staff was not bubbling over with excitement to see me I thought it was nice that the front desk host called the room to see if the keys left at the front counter were mine. I saw them upon check in and they were not mine but I thought it was a very nice gesture. And he was very polite throughout the check in process. I have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I made a decision on this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and Trip Advisor didn’t let me down. I believe this hotel was recently rebuilt from the ground up within the last couple years and they did a fine job. I always look for good value when I select a hotel, and I believe this hotel met the bill. Two other hotels were in contention, which were the Doubletree Hotel and the Jameson Inn. All three hotels are clustered within a half-mile of each other, but in the final analysis I believed the Comfort Inn to have the best value (location, comfort, and amenities for the price). The others were viable options. The location is superb, centrally located but somewhat tucked away in a secluded southwest corner of the intersection of I-40 and Keith Short – US-45 ByPass next to the Casey Jones recreation area. It is within close proximity and often walking distance to a plethora of restaurants and shopping. You can find just about any type food you want within a half-mile radius of the hotel. The “Columns” shopping area is right across the interstate.

The hotel and room were nicely decorated and laid out. The room accommodated three persons very well, as the single bed sleeper sofa was a boon. Several of the tables and lamps were easily movable which came in handy as I rearranged the room to make a (laptop computer) desk and small luggage area closer to the bed area on the right side of the TV étagère. This was necessary as the sleeper sofa engulfed the normal space in their typical location. The amenities were nice with a microwave, a refrigerator, and a flat screen HDTV (about 42”). Though I didn’t find any HD channels, the size was nice. The wireless internet worked well, though I had some concern about security as multiple networks were accessible and no documentation was provided regarding “authorized” SSID names and access. Desk clerk was helpful, but still couldn’t explain to my satisfaction. But again, internet accessibility was not a problem, and was speedy (a couple internet computers with a printer are available in the lobby). Though I travel with a power strip (too many gadgets !) the room did have a good number of accessible electrical outlets. There was a small safe/vault in the closet, though we didn’t use it.

The two double beds were quite comfortable and appeared to be pillowtops, adding to the comfort, along with a surplus of pillows. Though I didn’t test the sleeper sofa, the person that used it said it was adequate. The A/C system was very efficient and was an under window wall unit controlled by a digital wall thermostat.

As typical, all is never perfect but the negatives were small. The bathroom was nice, but had no vent or fan so fogged mirrors were a problem. The bathroom sink drain was slow, the bathtub was slippery with no mat, and the bathroom door hinges squeaked like a haunted house. The only one I actually reported was the door hinges, and a maintenance person was sent to promptly fix. Possibly the sink and bathtub (mat ?) might’ve been fixed as well had I asked. Water pressure was good and water temperature control efficient. Toilet flush was effective. One nuisance was that all three electronic door keys malfunctioned on more than one occasion disallowing room access, creating the need for a lobby trip for re-keying. Seems they have a software glitch they need to fix. They front desk staff were friendly and courteous.

The complimentary breakfast was also very good as there were real eggs, real meat (bacon or sausage), biscuits & gravy (be early !), and batter to make your own Belgian waffles. There was also hot (oatmeal) and cold cereals, muffins & pastries, and a good compliment of hot & cold beverages. It was so popular it was a challenge for the attendant to keep everything replenished. Everything was tasty, so there’s no real need to eat breakfast elsewhere. The breakfast area seemed to have an adequate supply of tables.

The indoor pool and heated spa were not used, but looked very inviting, and the exercise room was small but adequate.

Overall it was an excellent stay despite the small nuisances, and I would certainly stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We had a handicap accessible room on the 2nd floor. Why on the 2nd or 3rd floor? Tornado sirens blew, Jackson flooded and if a tornado had hit, how would I have gotten off the 2nd floor? I am in a w/c...cannot manage stairs. The bed was so high I had much diffculty getting into or out of the bed. Why put a high bed in a room that is specifically for someone in a w/c because of weaknesses? The carpet was a nice carpet, but too thick for managing a w/c. I worked really hard just moving around the room. If I had had arm weaknesses, I could not have managed. The bathroom was great...the size of the room was great. The service was great but you might think about putting your handicap accessible rooms on the first floor, put indoor/outdoor carpet in it and replace the high beds with low beds.
dedragg@sbcglobal.net