“STAY AWAY Had check in to another hotel in the middle of the night”

Jackson Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed June 30, 2007

This was the worst hotel experience we have ever had. Filthy rooms, a fire alam went off in the middle of the night, all the customers came out into the lobby and parking lot, waiting for the fire department to come and check it out - the hotel did not call the fire department for 25 minutes. By the time they did arrive, we had decided to get our stuff out and we checked into the Quality Inn across the street. No way were we going back. Cannot believe the Comfort Inn chain allows this to be part of their organization

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Xcountrytraveler07

Reviewed March 31, 2007

We were off again to TN for a funeral and decided to give the Comfort Inn of Jackson one more chance. Big mistake! It is run down, down, down, and seriously needs some updating and elbow grease. We only had 2 towels in our room and when we asked for more were told they were "being washed." Same thing when the maids came to do the room. They pulled the sheets off and left the bed that way for a couple of hours until the laundry was done. Apparently they do not have enough linens to go around. The free breakfast is not as great as it was in the past either. We feel we've given them enough chances so we won't be back at this property until we see major improvements.

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank Jet Gal
Reviewed December 9, 2006

I made the mistake of staying one night at the Comfort Inn in Jackson. It was dirty, noisy and smelled bad. At least the loud air conditioner drowned out the noise outside.

• Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank Kmagg
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Very noisy outside, mold/mildew in tub, after 2 hrs wife and I
left because cars were being broken-in never again.

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank toledo2
Reviewed October 8, 2006

My wife, secretary and her husband had two rooms. Both were run down and nasty! My secretary and husband moved to another room when they pulled down the bed covers and found pubic hairs and dirty sheets. Electrical outlet in bathroom did not work anong with their 'hair dryer'. Smoke smell, ashtrays and burn marks were in our 'No Smoking' room. I used to feel good staying with a Comfort Inn franchise motel, but, I'll be wary next time! When I loaded our luggage in vehicle the next morning, I looked for the demolition crews and bulldozers waiting for everyone to leave, but, sadly they were not there...

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Mayberrychiefdeputy
Reviewed October 8, 2006

My husband and I have stayed in various Comfort Inns in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed our stays. After this last visit, I doubt I will ever stay in another one. I first found a used bar of soap and half a bottle of hotel shampoo in the shower stall. When I mentioned this to the person at the front desk, I was told that sometimes the cleaning crew forgets to throw that stuff away. We went back to our room to get ready for bed. When we pulled the sheets back, we found pubic hair all over the sheets. The only response we received from the front desk was that we could switch rooms - but we would have to go down to the front desk to get the new keys and move ourselves. We were told we were in a non-smoking room but there were ash trays and cigarette ashes in the room. The only recommendation I have for this place is that you bull doze it down!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank mdhardy
Reviewed July 17, 2006

This is an older hotel with indoor corridors & now badged as Comfort Inn. The room was large and clean with standard Comfort Inn furnishings. My only complaint was the extremely noisy air conditioner. Ok, that and not being able to get the front desk on the phone despite numerous and repeated attempts. The hotel was quiet when we were there but one of the elevators was out of service due to exuberant kids at a family reunion the night before.

The breakfast is in a large room and is the best I've ever had at a Comfort Inn. Hot foods include grits and do-it-yourself waffles. I used a roomsavers discount coupon and would stay here again using a coupon but there may be be better rack price alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2006