“Great Place”

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had never stayed at a Marriott. This hotel was amazing! The rooms are spacious, very clean, and comfortable beds. I was very pleased with our stay. The front desk personnel were friendly and very accommodating. I was thrilled that they accepted pets. We will be staying here every trip we make to Texas.

Thank you Marriott!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer F, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Jackson was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. If I may be of service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Cornelius and Taye made me feel right at home as I got snowed in last night. They helped me check-in quickly and gave me great conversation as I was extremely tried and frustrated after being on the road all night. Courtyard Jackson is very luck to have these two great men as apart of their staff...Thanks Cornelius and Taye for all your help!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Sydnei S

Everything we do is aimed at providing you a wonderful stay! I am so delighted Cornelius and Taye were able to make you feel right at home during your visit. They are both assets to our team!

Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to return. Give us a call anytime at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com

Thank you!
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We chose this hotel as a halfway point for us to stay with 5 children from IL to Florida. We reserved 2 rooms and came in around 8pm. Staff check-in went well. Called for a roll-away bed and the gentleman that brought it up was kind and helpful. Downhill from there. The room smelled of Pet Urine. (We knew ahead of time it was pet friendly and was okay with that) but the urine was a bit much. In the bathroom there are cigarette burns on the countertops. The 2nd room we reserved smelled of stale smoke. The 1 bed in the second room had hair under the sheets, not of the person utilizing that bed. 2 of our 7 travelers refused to sleep in the bed under the covers and rather slept on their own pillows and used their own blankets we had brought for our trip on top of the bed. The pool was over chlorinated. We had to walk outside in the rain to enter the pool from an outside entrance. The indoor entrance to the pool was broken. Once in the pool area, the hot tub was dirty and the water we counted had 13 bugs floating. Disgusting. Honestly, we couldn't wait to leave. We planned on a 9am departure and rather left at 6am because nobody was comfortable in those conditions. We won't be back.

Room Tip: No tips other than do not book a stay here. Not worth $150 per night per room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer F, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear onealz -

First, let me thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I know that your time is very valuable and the last thing that you want to do on a vacation comment on hotels.

Second, I was horrified to read about the incidents that you encountered while you were here. That is definitely not what our hotel stands for and I am deeply sorry that what should have been a relaxing and pleasant experience before the second leg of a long road trip was instead an experience making you wish you hadn't stopped. Rest assured, I will address each of these issues with my Housekeeping and Maintenance departments to ensure that they do not happen again.

I would love to speak with you further about this incident and learn how we can regain your trust the next time that you are through the area. Even if you do not have plans to travel through the area again, I ask that you take just a few minutes of your time to speak with me. I can be reached at 731-891-9157 or by email at jfox@vistahost.net.

I look forward to the opportunity to personally apologize!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Heat made a clicking noise. Faucet in shower is stripped. Room smelled like smoke and there were a few cigarettes outside the window where it appears someone had been smoking @ the window and flipped the butts out on the roof below.

Plus your rate is a little too high. I like staying @ this property, but you are one of the highest of all the Courtyard's where I stay. Is there a chance for a corporate rate?

Front desk experience was great as usual, especially the service received from J.C.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer F, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mike G. -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I have notified our Chief Engineer about the faucet in the room as well as the bed creaking. He has fixed the faucet and determined that one of the bed railings was slightly off kilter - I apologize for you finding the issue before we did but I appreciate you bringing it to our attention!

We would love to talk about a corporate rate for you and your company! Please contact Sarah Scokin at sscokin@vistahost.net or 731-410-1783 and she can assist you with all of your needs!
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The guest service agents are 5 star. They will do everything to make your visit great. Housekeeping need some major work. We stayed two nights at this hotel. Everything was good the first day but after being gone all day and we get back to the room, we found that housekeeping skipped our room. It was around 9 pm when we return and you guessed it, housekeeping was gone and the lady at the front desk offered to clean the room. Since she was busy, my wife decided to clean the room and put on clean lining before going to bed.

Stay on the top floor if possible because you will hear people walking above you because the walls are thin.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer F, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Anthony T. -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave your comments regarding your recent experience at our hotel! Our guests' feedback is the most important measure of our success and/or opportunities.

Thank you so much for your words of praise for our Front Desk staff. They work extremely hard to exceed each and every guest's expectations every single day and I am truly blessed to call them my staff. I am so sorry for your room being skipped. I am meeting with my Executive Housekeeper today to discuss this.

Should you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at any time via phone (731-891-9157) or email (jfox@vistahost.net).

Thank you!
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff, are awesome!!!!! Check in was super fast!!!!!!!!!!!!! The room was clean..my only complaint. There was no refrigerator. The location is great right off the interstate. We had a very pleasant stay for Valentines, indoor pool was cold..lol..but the Jacuzzi was good and hot!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
MdWilliams76

I am so delighted we were able to help make the national Day of Love that much more special for you and yours. It's fulfilling knowing we were able to offer the service and accommodations needed for a pleasant stay. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Please do not hesitate to give us a call at (731)422.1818, or contact me any time via jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This had all the makings of a great stay. Fell asleep in nice room. wakened by people walking all night in room above. Then heard TV in next door room for remainder of night. I was disappointed in the noisiness of the room

Room Tip: Stay on top floor!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer F, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Good Morning, RBrooks01!!!

I am so sorry that you experienced noise disturbances during your recent stay with us! I would love to speak with you further and make this right for you - we aim for the highest satisfaction with all of our guests and are extremely disappointed when this is not achieved! Please feel free to call me at 731-422-1818 or email me at jfox@vistahost.net to speak further!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We rely on our guests' comments to determine how we can continuosly improve!

Jennifer Fox