“Nice Stay”
Review of Courtyard Jackson

Courtyard Jackson
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My stay at this hotel was nice. Check-in was quick, nice front desk clerk, spacious room and pet friendly without the charge (yes free!). The front desk clerk was very accommodating and when I had a question or need, he was quite good at customer service.

I travel with a cat. So before I book a room, I check to make sure the hotel is pet friendly. Most hotels that are pet friendly charge a Non-Refundable fee, which is suppose to go towards a more thorough room cleaning. The fee can be any amount from $10 a night to $75 (Marriott's Residence Inn and TownePlace). Courtyard By Marriott does not charge a fee. Refreshing to say the least. I wouldn't mind paying up to $10/night for a cat, or a Refundable fee, but no fee is best in my book.

My only negative was the heating. I did stay on one the coldest nights in Jackson. The room had a draft so setting the thermostat was a roller coaster to get the room comfortable. The bathroom had marble flooring, so it was cold as ice in bare feet (drop towels on the floor and solved that problem). That was the only negatives.

The hotel is new and very close to I-40. Yes, a good place to spend the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not so close to doors that lead outside. Maybe an upper floor as well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Erik N L

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with Trip Advisor!

I am delighted we were able to accommodate you and your cat for the evening! Also, you indicated in your response that the heating was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your complete satisfaction and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at (731)422.1818, or contact me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you!

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Jeannie is a model of patience & professionalism - she took care of our rowdy group like a champ. We are eternally grateful for her service and the wonderful accommodations at this Courtyard Marriott! We will keep coming back here as long as they let us.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Sara R

Thank you so much!! You are so right! Ms. Jeannie is spectacular and is an asset to our team. I am highly pleased she was able to have you taken can care of--along with our rowdy group. If there's anything else we might be able to do, please contact us at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very nice rooms, the hotel management is very nice, we had a small issue with the elevator during our stay but felt like the hotel did more than they should have to fix the problem and to make us happy. Our family meets here every year for Christmas, we enjoy using the meeting room for family events and the catered food from the hotel was wonderful. They even let us use the Christmas tree in the lobby by moving it into meeting room for us.

Only one thing I would change; not all rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. According to the hotel you have to get a room on the second floor in order to get that so, you might want to keep that in mind if staying here; we requested a high floor which was why we did not have one. Of course we did not realize the consequences until after we checked in and unpacked all of our stuff. The hotel did offer to move us but we all too comfortable to move. We booked early and got a great rate! Overall great hotel, will stay here again!

Room Tip: Second floor are the only rooms with refrigerators and microwaves

JD2527

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments with us! I apologize for the absence of the refrigerator and microwave, but I am thankful you were still satisfied with your visit. Please let us know if you have any further comments or concerns. Contact us at (731)422.1818, or contact me directly at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Thank you!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I recently relocated from the Dallas, TX area to North Carolina. We made our final trip this week and chose this hotel as our "halfway point". I had stayed here before for business and knew we would be happy. We were not disappointed! This trip I had my dog along, and they accomodated us with a room on the bottom floor very close to the outside door. And although this was really nice, it was the tip of the iceberg. Upon leaving we accidently left some important medication behind in the fridge. Melanie A., head of housekeeping, personally made sure the medication was shipped overnight to us in North Carolina. Are you kidding me? This is customer service!!! Thanks to Melanie, JC, and Cornelius for an outstanding experience. I will stay here again, and I will be a loyal Marriott customer because of this experience.

Jennifer G

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! It is truly a pleasure knowing we were able to have you accommodated during your visit and even after leaving. We strive on making sure we offer that service that you and others have come to expect from us. Thank you so much, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

JC Shelly is a great resource for this property. Whole staff is attentive and alert.Quiet. I-40 convenient, but far enough away for quiet. Pool area always clean. Plenty of towels. History staff polite with all day service. We will be back several times this year.

Room Tip: Ask for it. Staff ready to please--all of them.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

ElmerPadgett

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! It's always a pleasure having you here with us. We always looking forward to serving you. If there is anything we can do, please let me know. Give us a call at (731) 422.1818, or contact me anytime at jcvistahost@gmail.com. Again, thank you so much, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were moving our daughter to Dallas for her new job and drove her car from DC to Dallas. During the 20 hour drive we took a break and stayed at the Courtyard in Jackson TN. As we arrived we were overjoyed to find they had a restaurant on site which served breakfast, lunch and dinner items. They also serve a variety of drinks which was just what the doctor ordered after 12+ hours in a car. The room were was clean and well equipped, the workout facility was just what we needed to stretch our legs, and there was a pool that looked inviting. Needless to say we got a good nights sleep, a great breakfast, and was off to Dallas with a complimentary cup of coffee for the road. Well worth a stop for weary travelers. We'll return again if we do another trip.

Room Tip: They honor AAA and Military ID discounts.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

julesz2k

Thank you for the great comments! Sounds like the doctor's orders made for a speedy recovery. Please let us if and when you'd be returning. We would love the opportunity to serve you again. You can reach us anytime at (731) 422.1818, or contact me directly at jcvistahost@gmail,com. The Courtyard Jackson Team wishes you a phenomenal New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Right at a highway, it was VERY loud. Not a good location at all. Didn't get good sleep.

There was no refrigerator in the room and it was a big minus for us. Otherwise, quite predictable, the same exact design in the room as in any Courtyard, which is getting annoying after a few stays.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer F, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Good Afternoon, MayflowerGuest!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor! I am so sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me either via phone at 731-891-9157 or via email at jfox@vistahost.net so that we may further discuss your experience with us. We strive to always exceed our guests' expectations each and every visit and appreciate the opportunity to make it right when we fall short.

Jennifer Fox