“Dirty floor, Noise from highway, walk stairs”

Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Due to the good experience with other baymont inn, i stayed here on the way to Dallas to stay a night. However, I would not have stayed if I had a choice and If that were not after 10PM and if I had not been tired. The lobby is very old with laminated floor which explain the overall quality of this hotel. The carpet, wall,painting, hardware are very old and needs work. The lock on outside door does not work and broken. I got itches as soon as I got in the room. I don't think the carpet was vacuumed properly. The bed was old and making squeeky sound whenever I moved. The noise from highway was terrible and I woke up serveral times. Also noises from aisle, other rooms could be heard. I eneded up sleeping 5 hrs and couldn't sleep any longer. Their internet is terribel and it barely works. I tried half an hour and gave up using.

The breakfast they provided is a joke. This hotel is equvaleient to knight inn which is one of the cheapest on the road. This is total disappointmet with baymont inn franchise. I would never stay in the franchise again. This hotel needs total make over

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson

Reviewed April 17, 2010

I checked in on March 13, 2010, for a one-night stay. My normal procedure is before I unload my belongings, I check to make certain that the drains are not slow, and that the water pressure is adequate. My inspection revealed that the tub was draining very slowly so the Desk Clerk reassigned me to another room. I checked the drains, the water pressure, and all was well, so I accepted the room. After I unloaded my belongings, I discovered that the refrigerator did not work. I reported that issue to the front desk.

At approximately 10:00 p.m., I noticed considerable foot traffic (running back and forth) and loud voices coming from the room above. I contacted the front desk and asked if a new guest had just checked in. I was told “no but that the children had just gotten out of the pool.” I figured that they would settle down so I took some Tylenol PM and let the matter go. At some point after 11:00 p.m., despite the nose, I did to fall asleep. However, that sleep was short-lived as I was awakened at approximately 1:30 a.m. by the same noise. Again, I contacted the front desk. At that time the Desk Clerk went upstairs to investigate. A few minutes later I received a phone call from the clerk who informed me that she could hear noise in the room but that the noise “was not excessive.”

I was perplexed by that response because to me it was obviously excessive or I would not have been awakened by all the commotion. I informed the Desk Clerk that the term “excessive” was subjective, but unless she was implying that I had woken myself to phone in such a complaint, that it was obviously excessive to me. Keep in mind that all of this was occurring on the night that clocks are switched to Daylight Saving Time. Therefore, by the time we were having this conversation, it was almost 3:00 a.m. The Desk Clerk offered to move me again to another room. I contemplated the offer but decided to suggest an alternative. I informed the Desk Clerk that by the time I expended the energy transferring my belongings, it would be impossible to fall asleep again. I asked if I could merely lie down in a vacant room and return my room to shower. My thought process was that this approach would be beneficial to me as well as the hotel. They would only to change the bed and would not have to fully service another room. I did manage to fall asleep again sometime after 4:00 a.m.

At the time of checkout, I was asked if all was OK with my stay. I was a bit perturbed as the hotel obviously knew that I had gotten virtually no sleep, and that my stay was not a pleasant one. The Desk Clerk called the General Manager. He spoke with me and was most cordial but his proposed resolution was totally unsatisfactory. Management's solution was to discount the room by 15 percent. It was communicated to me that if I was unsatisfied, I should call 1 800 Baymont. Subsequent to returning home, I checked the reviews of this property on Trip Advisor. Comments of a similar nature have been posted by other travelers. It is my belief that either the floors are extremely thin, or the hotel staff place families with children without consideration for the guests beneath them.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I chose Baymont because of past good experience in other Baymonts. I would not recommend this particular hotel for more than one night. Requested 2nd floor rooms unavailable due to A/C problems. Took 1st floor. Was there 3 nights, and every night they put kids over us. Between 11 pm and 1 am, it was hell. I had to call the desk clerk to get some peace, one night at 3 am! Breakfast bar is tiny and depleted at 8:30. The one day there was food, there were no whole grain products at all, not even a whole wheat bagel or box of raisin bran. The carpet needs replacing. One of our rooms needed updating desperately, and the remote for the TV in there also turned off the a/c unit. Imagine that. Click the TV off and the a/c goes off in 90 degree weather!
The desk clerk was very responsive to your needs - doing all he or she could to assist you. They get points for that. But why is there only one person on duty?
That pool in the lobby should be rethought. One person on duty can't keep that area clean when children are in the hotel.
Anyway, one night, no more until Baymont really, really updates this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I rented a room here while visiting family over Easter break. We picked this hotel because the rates were cheap and we had stayed here once before, so we knew the rooms would be clean. We are pleased to say that our stay greatly exceeded our expectations! The rooms were extremely well-kept and that the amenities made our visit worthwhile. They must have rennovated recently, because there is a definate improvement in the overall aesthetics of the rooms and the hotel overall. The staff was wonderful and super-friendly and the breakfast room was cozy and inviting. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants the most bang for their buck.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2008

but we haven't found them yet. We stayed a few years ago when Baymont was Amerihost and it hasn't improved much. The front desk guy was friendly and helpful, but you can only do so much with an old hotel. It really needs an update. We had a room with two double beds. It also had a microwave and fridge. The housekeeping had left food in the fridge and no soap on the sink. The toilet backed up on the first use. The hair dryer was an electric shock waiting to happen. The front desk guy switched us to another room as housekeeping and maintenance were gone for the day. It was a lot better. Hotel carpets gross me out anyway, but these carpets seemed pretty dirty, throughout. The pool was nice but ran out of towels. The front desk guy was doing his best to keep them supplied, but was slow. Hopefully they got washed in between users and not just dried. :-o
The beds were comfortable enough. We only stayed one night. The breakfast area, off the lobby, was abysmal. The tables were dirty, the counters were dirty, the food was questionable, and horror of horrors, the linoleum floor was as sticky as a discount movie theater's. We did not stay for breakfast, needless to say. Fortunately, there are restaurants nearby, where the health inspector presumably makes more frequent stops.
Unless you hear that this hotel has been remodeled, I'd skip it and find something else.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2008

This hotel was booked for me by my boss. I had read the reviews on trip advisor and was still optimistic about what my stay would entail. The reviews were correct. The rooms are old, dirty--there was food under our a/c unit-- & very small. I was not impressed at all. For breakfast the next morning, the milk that they provided was a galllon jug, that everyone shared. We checked out that morning and went to another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We stayed here because it was the only hotel that had 2 beds for the night. This hotel needs to be updated. The rooms are REALLY small, the tv didn't worked, the bathtub floor was black. When I called down stairs for someone to come clean the bathtub they told me the cleaning service was gone for the night. So my family and I didn't take showers that night. The walls and floor were dirty. We stayed in a nonsmoking room and the halls and the room smelled like smoke. This hotel is GROSS and NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)