“A bit dated, but clean.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stopped here as we were helping our daughter move. The room was large and included a mini fridge and microwave. The beds were very comfortable. The pool area looked nice. The overall appearance was of a place that was built in the 90s and has not been updated. The breakfast was somewhat spartan. Overall it was OK, but for the price I was expecting a bit better.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Friendly staff (Brad was great), nice pool, nice rooms, good breakfast. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank highseven
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This was an overnight stay for our anniversary. My husband checked in so I don't exactly know how that experience went. We didn't make any reservations but did call around because we wanted a jacquzzi suite. This was the only hotel that we called that had one. The price was a little steep but it was our anniversary so we wanted to splurge a little. The room was quite cozy although the pillows were so tiny. The jaquazzi was awesome although getting to the point of using it was a little problem. I went over to turn on the water and noticed the hot knob wouldnt work and just kept spinning. I was so upset but thank goodness my husband knows plumbing because he fixed it temporarily so we could at least enjoy our night. It kinda made me a little grossed out because I got to thinking, it was obvisous it was broke and you would think that hosekeeping would notice it since they clean the jaquzzi last right and would have maintenance fix it? Or did they clean the jaquzzi at all???

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Due to the good experience with other baymont inn, i stayed here on the way to Dallas to stay a night. However, I would not have stayed if I had a choice and If that were not after 10PM and if I had not been tired. The lobby is very old with laminated floor which explain the overall quality of this hotel. The carpet, wall,painting, hardware are very old and needs work. The lock on outside door does not work and broken. I got itches as soon as I got in the room. I don't think the carpet was vacuumed properly. The bed was old and making squeeky sound whenever I moved. The noise from highway was terrible and I woke up serveral times. Also noises from aisle, other rooms could be heard. I eneded up sleeping 5 hrs and couldn't sleep any longer. Their internet is terribel and it barely works. I tried half an hour and gave up using.

The breakfast they provided is a joke. This hotel is equvaleient to knight inn which is one of the cheapest on the road. This is total disappointmet with baymont inn franchise. I would never stay in the franchise again. This hotel needs total make over

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I checked in on March 13, 2010, for a one-night stay. My normal procedure is before I unload my belongings, I check to make certain that the drains are not slow, and that the water pressure is adequate. My inspection revealed that the tub was draining very slowly so the Desk Clerk reassigned me to another room. I checked the drains, the water pressure, and all was well, so I accepted the room. After I unloaded my belongings, I discovered that the refrigerator did not work. I reported that issue to the front desk.

At approximately 10:00 p.m., I noticed considerable foot traffic (running back and forth) and loud voices coming from the room above. I contacted the front desk and asked if a new guest had just checked in. I was told “no but that the children had just gotten out of the pool.” I figured that they would settle down so I took some Tylenol PM and let the matter go. At some point after 11:00 p.m., despite the nose, I did to fall asleep. However, that sleep was short-lived as I was awakened at approximately 1:30 a.m. by the same noise. Again, I contacted the front desk. At that time the Desk Clerk went upstairs to investigate. A few minutes later I received a phone call from the clerk who informed me that she could hear noise in the room but that the noise “was not excessive.”

I was perplexed by that response because to me it was obviously excessive or I would not have been awakened by all the commotion. I informed the Desk Clerk that the term “excessive” was subjective, but unless she was implying that I had woken myself to phone in such a complaint, that it was obviously excessive to me. Keep in mind that all of this was occurring on the night that clocks are switched to Daylight Saving Time. Therefore, by the time we were having this conversation, it was almost 3:00 a.m. The Desk Clerk offered to move me again to another room. I contemplated the offer but decided to suggest an alternative. I informed the Desk Clerk that by the time I expended the energy transferring my belongings, it would be impossible to fall asleep again. I asked if I could merely lie down in a vacant room and return my room to shower. My thought process was that this approach would be beneficial to me as well as the hotel. They would only to change the bed and would not have to fully service another room. I did manage to fall asleep again sometime after 4:00 a.m.

At the time of checkout, I was asked if all was OK with my stay. I was a bit perturbed as the hotel obviously knew that I had gotten virtually no sleep, and that my stay was not a pleasant one. The Desk Clerk called the General Manager. He spoke with me and was most cordial but his proposed resolution was totally unsatisfactory. Management's solution was to discount the room by 15 percent. It was communicated to me that if I was unsatisfied, I should call 1 800 Baymont. Subsequent to returning home, I checked the reviews of this property on Trip Advisor. Comments of a similar nature have been posted by other travelers. It is my belief that either the floors are extremely thin, or the hotel staff place families with children without consideration for the guests beneath them.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I chose Baymont because of past good experience in other Baymonts. I would not recommend this particular hotel for more than one night. Requested 2nd floor rooms unavailable due to A/C problems. Took 1st floor. Was there 3 nights, and every night they put kids over us. Between 11 pm and 1 am, it was hell. I had to call the desk clerk to get some peace, one night at 3 am! Breakfast bar is tiny and depleted at 8:30. The one day there was food, there were no whole grain products at all, not even a whole wheat bagel or box of raisin bran. The carpet needs replacing. One of our rooms needed updating desperately, and the remote for the TV in there also turned off the a/c unit. Imagine that. Click the TV off and the a/c goes off in 90 degree weather!
The desk clerk was very responsive to your needs - doing all he or she could to assist you. They get points for that. But why is there only one person on duty?
That pool in the lobby should be rethought. One person on duty can't keep that area clean when children are in the hotel.
Anyway, one night, no more until Baymont really, really updates this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I rented a room here while visiting family over Easter break. We picked this hotel because the rates were cheap and we had stayed here once before, so we knew the rooms would be clean. We are pleased to say that our stay greatly exceeded our expectations! The rooms were extremely well-kept and that the amenities made our visit worthwhile. They must have rennovated recently, because there is a definate improvement in the overall aesthetics of the rooms and the hotel overall. The staff was wonderful and super-friendly and the breakfast room was cozy and inviting. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants the most bang for their buck.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple