“Not best value”

Quality Inn Jackson
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We accepted to stay bere only because no other availability in town..
The hotel is not Very clean. The breakfast is poor and not of good quality. Wifi ok wendy's we arrived but not active the day after. Personnel kind. The room is not the best but I Saw worst..
Our room was Very noisy because of the ice machine out of out door..
Finally: for the price we paied, 73 dollars, there are much better hotels

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, General Manager at Quality Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

alexascab

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The ONLY Good thing here is a very nice lady at front desk. We checked in for two nights and went out immediately to our restaurant when we arrived back in at 9:30 pm we unpacked and went into bathroom found feces on the toilet (cleaned up with clorox wipes that we carry everywhere) the next morning my friend was awakened by a hugh cockroach in her bed. We immediately got dressed and took the roach to front desk and told them about the feces (he said things like that happen and that he would take care of the nights stay)HE wasn't too concerned. So we left and did not stay any longer. Thought bill was Zeroed OUT but June 19 2013 Received credit card bill with stay still charged. He said he was talking about 2nd night stay (REALLY) Called customer service and he was to contact me within 72 hrs HE DID NOT!

Room Tip: Find another Hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pam P
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had stayed in Jackson, TN before and chose Quality Inn rather than Comfort Inn because is was easier access from and back to Highway US 45. So we thought. Once we got there, check in was fast. Our room was clean, but I thought the door knob was going to come completely off! When I got to checking around, ALL the doors in on that wing was in the same sad shape. I also did not like that access was from the exterior, not from interior hallways. The bed was clean, but the bathroom needs to be stripped out and totally redone. It seems there had been an effort to update it, but it was a very messy job. The area was noisy also.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

jkkearley:

In your review you mentioned both positive and negative issues with your stay. We will use it as a tool to continue the good things and fix the bad. I appreciate the feed back and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over here after we could not find any accommodation in Memphis due to long weekend holidays. The check in was a little slow but other than that everything was fine. Good location to restaurants, bed was great, room clean. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Benny1965

Benny1965:

Thanks for the positive review. I will share it with our staff. Sorry about the slow check in, we'll try to improve upon that.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I travel almost 11 months a year for business reasons. Usually the Quality Inn Group is a given for decent rooms and service. Not at this location. The nite staff was the absolute worst, especially Erin. Could not be less helpful. Tv remote doesn't work, not her promblem. Trucks running all nite in parking lot, noise ,fuel smells loud people.......what do you want her to do about it? Not her promblem. Asked for the manager to call me ,twice, that never happened either. Po. ol closed, no apparent reason. Just a totally bad trip here. Avoid it at all costs

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bob r

bob r:

I want to personally apologize for the bad experience you had while a guest at our property. There is no excuse for the poor service you received but I wish you would give us another opportunity to earn your business again in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight for an HRC dog event.Originally, I booked a room at Econo Lodge, then I saw bad reviews. We were traveling with several dogs and were happy to finda large grassy area for them that was away from the road. You can tell this is an older hotel, but it has been modernized. The bathroom was spotless and the grout look very clean. Our room and the lobby didn't have any odors. I was a little disappointed by the breakfast. It was typical, but there isn't enough room. All the guest, maybe 8 of us in there were tripping over each other. Also, as i was packing up, i saw a fast-food cup lid behind the fridge cabinet. Housekeeping needs to check behind there. The hotel was a little awkward to get to, but it had plenty of restaurants to walk to. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Retreivertrainer
Jeff C, Manager at Quality Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Retreivertrainer:

Thanks for the positive review. I will share it with my staff and we will address the issues you mentioned.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am a room inspector at a rival major brand hotel and booked a room with them on a recent trip. On our trip out we checked in and the front desk staff was okay but the room we had was horrible. The tub was filthy and when my daughter pulled back her sheets there was hair on it. There was a lot of built up dust and debris behind the nightstand and around the beds. We immediately cancelled our reservation for our return trip. On our way back we chose this hotel and we were immediately so glad we did. We checked in on Feb. 4th in the early evening and the young lady at the front desk was very friendly, very professional and I enjoyed chatting with her while she quickly checked us in. The lobby was clean and there was no odor of any kind. The grounds are well kept and there are security cameras in place. We got into our room and I was so very impressed with it. It was clean and smelled nice. The bathroom was cleaned really well and there was no debris behind the nightstand, or anywhere else. The beds were really comfortable and the hotel was quiet. It is conveniently located right off the interstate and within walking distance to many great places to eat. The cable tv is great with a lot of channels and the tv itself is large and really nice. The in room coffee maker and hair dryer are an added plus when you don't want to drag out all your stuff. It has a microwave and a fridge both of which were clean and well kept. It is tastefully decorated and the decor doesn't jump out at you and make you cringe in horror, and it gives it a homey feel. I look at hotel rooms with a critical eye and could find NOTHING wrong here. You will not make a mistake in choosing to stay here despite some of the negative reviews. This will be my choice of places to stay on future trips to my home state despite the fact that I get a deep discount from the company I work for. Thank you to the staff for creating a great experience!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gibson20
Jeff C, Manager at Quality Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

gibson20:

Thanks so much for your great review, it is truly appreciated. Coming from someone in your field makes it even more special.

I shared your comments with our staff and they were very proud. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jackson.

Jeff Cates - GM