“Slightly outdated but very clean room”

AllSuites Hotel Jackson
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I was very nervous about staying at this hotel based on other reviews. After staying I must say they were very unfair reviews. The hotel is older and could benefit from a remodel. However, our room was very clean, which to me is the 1st priority. The linen was new and white. I inspect beds very closely and there were no problems. The walls are nice and thick so it was quiet and we slept great. I always take bathroom cleaner with me and I've stayed in newer hotels and ended up with a black rag when I wiped down the sink and bathtub. I went over the sink, counter, toilet and tub here and my rag was as white as when I started. No mold and the room smelled great. Plus the room was very spacious. The staff was always very friendly. It's a bit overpriced for the location, and I do agree they could use a humidifier. I was doing hair for an event and it was hard to hold curl. However I would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank smam73

Reviewed July 18, 2010

Carpet in rooms need serious cleaning. Comforters and blankets need to be washed. Air conditioning units need servicing. Need brighter lights in hallways. The pool is inside the hotel, which is nice on one hand, but the hotel could really use a dehumidifier. The staff was nice. The food was ok.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Needed a two room suite to accommodate 4 adults and 2 children. The suite ( bedroom with 2 queen beds and den area had a fold out sofa with kitchenette and huge kitchen table) was huge! Fold out not comfortable at all (to be expected) but the queen beds were nice. It was extremely clean. It desperately needs to be updated, however the room rate was great and fit in our budget as we are traveling a lot this season. The bathroom area was small compared to the massive 2 room suite. Front desk attendants weren't very warm and friendly however, they met all our needs. Hotel was VERY clean and affordable just needs to be updated!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This Holiday Inn hasn't been upgraded to the newer looking Holiday Inns. I was happy with my stay expect for the fact, the room I stayed in was one of the few ones available. I checked in early a.m. (smoking room) Other than that I pretty much enjoyed my stay and the Priority Club benefits. I will try to make my next arrival time a littl earlier!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The room was good. Especially liked the sliding glass doors that led from the room to a small balcony with chairs and table. French toast was really good for breakfast. The egg on the eggs benedict was hard boiled. Don't bother ordering the oriental lettuce wraps or the black n blue steak salad.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I stayed here with my family over the weekend for a soccer tournament and we found the hotel to be suprisingly nice.

We checked in and stayed in a king suite. It was a large room with a pullout couch. We paid $10 extra for a rollaway bed. The room appeared to be remodeled in the recent past. Everything worked and we had plenty of room. We walked across the street and ate dinner at the italian restaurant and it was good. We ate breakfast in the hotel the next morning and it was good as well. The staff was nice. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn several times in the past year. I wish they had a Holiday Inn Express in jackson, but they don't.

This is an older full service hotel. I have always been upgraded to a King suite, and while they hotel is older, the rooms are in pretty good shape. They are quite and functional and the Internet connection worked well. The bed was comfortable and the room temperature was good.

I didn't not like the breakfast (not free) this past trip. The potatoes were cold and the selection was not great. I've been spoiled by the breakfast at HIEs.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in a PriorityClub hotel. Its not a luxury hotel, but its not a bad place.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)