“Bed bugs”

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Checotah, Oklahoma
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. My daughter and I woke up the next morning with a few bug bites on our face and arms. I thought that they were mosquitoes at first. Before we left I checked the mattress. Sure enough, bed bugs! I reported it to the front desk who said he would let management know and I would receive a follow-up phone call. It has been 10 days since that incident and I am still waiting on my phone call. I was extremely careful to wash all of our belongs in hot water. I am still battling bites as I settled into a new apartment this week, I carried them home with me! I am just frustrated that the hotel will not acknowledge that there are bed bugs. I would like to just let other travelers beware!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank TravelinMomma06
Hotelmgmt048, Manager at AllSuites Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I sent an email to this guest who never responded to my request for more information about the room they used. I did have a guest which may be this same guest report a problem several days after checkout around this same time. That room has been inspected and followed up with additional inspections just to be sure by licensed exterminators and corporate management and found not to have any problem or signs of bed bugs. This is our process on bed bugs because we take those accusations very seriously. This is the only complaint we have recieved in the past 16 months with many sell out periods. We have not had any confirmed cases of bed bugs in over 5 years. The hotel is inspected by the health department as well as exterminators on a regular basis as a proactive - preventive measure to insure our guest’s well-being.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here one night while on business in the city. It is conveniently located and affordable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. It is close to the interstate but since my room faced the interior of the hotel I had no problems with the noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback and are glad we could serve you. We look forward to your return.
Effingham, IL
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hotel is reminiscent of a 70's/80's Holidome hotel. Tremendous humidity problem, especially in the rooms. Hotel is in need of updates throughout. Rooms are old and smell. TV's are outdated and bad reception. Bring your own pillow. Rooms are overpriced. I would not recommend staying here unless you can not find anything else available unless you could get a very low priced deal and don't have high expectations of cleaniness, or updated rooms. Breakfast is very basic and was late being ready.
Staff was courteous and even allowed me to change rooms without any problems. At one time this was a nice hotel, but it's time has come and gone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Terry H
Hotelmgmt048, General Manager at AllSuites Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We appreciate the feeback from this guest and we will attempt to improve our product and service in the suggested areas. We are a mid-priced hotel for this market and will continue to add value at every opportunity.

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Would stay here again. Very roomy, good for families.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank BigTexxan
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The room was a 2 bed room suite, out of date, mold present in bathroom, stains on furniture, comfortable bed. Stayed only one night here. Would stay one night again for a quick good nights rest. Area safe. Restaurants near by. Not recommended for a lengthy stay. Interior looked like it could use some replacing, with the excception of the bed and it was very comfortable/clean/good quality linens.

Room Tip: reserved online for a better rate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haskellsgal
Mississippi
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were in Jackson for a softball tournament on a holiday weekend without reservations. We couldn't find a room right off until another hotel referred us here. I must admit I was very nervous upon entering. The lobby was so dark and dated. However, when we got to our room with the slightly worn carpet and I checked everything out, I knew it would be fine. Very clean large bathroom. Very large room with large clean bed. Just what my tired traveling bones needed. The next morning, we had a modest breakfast (hardboiled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits or waffles were the warm options) and were on our way. I don't know that I'd seek it out again but if the rate was lower, I sure would!

Room Tip: Front desk clerk was very accommodating.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ridgerebs
Coopersville
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Get to the hotel and notice the pic on the hotels web page is not the pic of the actual hotel. The staff was short and snappy and more into the tv in the lobby than helping you out. First room was small cramped and defiantly out dated by 20 years or more. Heater was loud and not welcoming. Asked to be moved and was moved to a new room. This room had more space in living area and bath area. All in all I wouldnt rate this hotel over 2.5 stars at best.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business