Days Inn Jackson
Courtyard Jackson(Jackson)
$109
$98
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravynorth sidecasey jones museumovernight stayhot breakfastbypasshighwaytn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The good: really nice and helpful desk personnel, great FREE breakfast (cereals, toast, jelly, peanut butter, milks, apples, oranges, bananas, orange and apple juice, gravy and biscuits and batter for the make your own waffles (easy and really good!) available entire stay. Fantastic location for my purposes including grocery, mall, Kmart, Walmart and restaurants. Small 4 cup coffee pot (tea and coffee pacs), microwave and small dorm frige (dirty frige), iron and nice ironing board was provided. The bad? The rooms need a thorough cleaning and the bath/toilet/sink area is horrible. No way was I going to take a bath because of missing tub caulk and black mold or scum. Linens and towels need to be replaced. Old, old, and old. Total renovation is needed desperately. King size bed could use new mattress, blanket was soiled but had newer bedspread. Could not get alarm clock to function, not enough outlets for placement of lamps. Did not place luggage or anything on the carpeted floor. 2 rooms down said there was a bed bug on the gentleman when they awoke. I did search mattress and saw none in my room. Great location, great front desk service but will not stay again. I'll pay the extra for cleaner rooms and comfort. Rooms rated a "1". Wish I had brought a camera for pics.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "good" rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn2554
Christopher T, General Manager at Days Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectaitions. We take all comments very seriously and I will address the issues you had with maintenance and housekeeping. I can also assure you that we do not have bed bugs in any of our rooms. Being an outside entrance hotel a bug can find its way into a room but we are very thorough in inspecting for any sign of bed bugs. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stopped in Jackson for a night before continuing our journey to Maryland. The Days Inn had pretty good value for its cost. We stayed in a double queen, non-smoking room. The mattresses were average at best in comfort, but there were only enough pillows between the two beds to move to one bed. We were given a room on the side next to the Taco Bell, which is not the greatest since there is a lot of late night activity there. I'd recommend requesting a room on the other side of the hotel for a better night of rest.

Room Tip: Choose a room that's not on the side with the Taco Bell for a better night's rest.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suppressor86
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I had to travel to Jackson for a funeral (unfortunately). It's not the top notch hotel but it was ok for a night. The motel was located on a very busy side street of a busy major street with major intersections. The room was clean, the bathroom and toilet was very tiny and WiFi was a little rough to keep. Breakfast was ok but in the lobby of the hotel where people are checking in and out...NO!! The pool was small; but the TV had more channels than some of the major hotels I have stayed in. That was nice. This hotel was very close to several gas stations and many restaurants. We had our choice; lots to choose from within blocks. It was ok for a night but more than a night I may go to LaQuinta down the street.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DIAMONDJEWELL
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was in Jackson to visit family, and made the reservation in advance based on a referral. Have you ever heard the expression, "if you want something done right, do it yourself?" It applies here. I was in a room that was among a block of rooms that hardly ever get rented out (this was also confirmed for me by a hotel staffer), which was very obvious when I opened both the complementary hand and facial soaps provided by the hotel, and they crumbled into my hands! It's a good thing I don't go anywhere without my own!! The room was also located near the back of the hotel facing the empty, eerie looking parking lot and dumpster. It's a good thing I was visiting family because there's no way I was coming in at night alone without being accompanied. I had the same experience as "wanderingtheworld200," in that 1) I also did not feel very safe or comfortable in this area; and 2) I also had a nearby dope-smoking occupant! I get the feeling a lot of locals use this hotel as a "getaway" on party weekends and we out-of-town visitors end up mixed into that scene/location. Additionally, they de-activated my key card after two nights even though my original reservation (which was made well in advance) was for three nights. When I went to the front desk to have this corrected, no apology was offered for the inconvenience, the hotel clerk only bragged that "he's the only one who pays attention to that kind of detail." I was disgusted, to say the least!! I go could go on and on, but in the spirit of limitations, I'll close by saying that the television show "Undercover Boss" would have a heydey wth this one! It would be a sad discovery for the owner(s), but he/she need to know!!!

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to stay here, request a room on the bottom floor, as close to the front lobby/office area as possible. That's the closest you're going to get to feeling safe.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank movesomethin
Reviewed September 8, 2011

despite the negative reviews we stayed in the motel. the staff was friendly and gave us all the towels we asked for.
the pool is very nice.
the location is good too, you can see a nice lawn and the woods, it's not in a city environment.
since it's next to the highway you can reach all destinations in jackson quick.
it has full tv programm with 70+ channels.
the only drawback was, that wifi was very bad, we hardly could surf the internet. they need to improve that

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple