“Disappointed”

Knights Inn Hurricane Mills
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane Mills
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We had planned a weekend trip to visit Loretta Lynn's nearby ranch. Found Knights Inn on the internet and it appeared up to date and what we were looking for in a place to stay. Upon our arrival, we were told the pool MIGHT be open later in the day, but not sure. This is on Memorial Day weekend - shouldn't the pool be ready for guests? Later we were told it would be closed for two days while being chemically treated. Again, this should have been done in preparation for the holiday weekend. The room was hot and had a musky order. While we had reserved a room with two double beds and indicated 3 adults in our party, there were only enough towels and washcloths for one person. Also, there were no glasses or plastic cups available. I have never encountered this before ever. An ice bucket provided, but nothing to put the ice or a drink in? The box springs was ripped on one of the beds and the wall was three different colors where it has been patched and painted, but not the same color and only where it was patched. Other places the plaster was cracked and almost falling off the wall. The shower head leaked and sprayed water straight up to the ceiling and on the walls outside the tub. It was also about five feet from the bottom and struck mid chest. The continental breakfast consisted of dry cereal and stale donoughts When I went to check out, no one was available at the front desk - just a note to leave the key card on the desk. No one there to give a receipt for our stay. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Pass this one by and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David H

Reviewed February 17, 2012

It wasn't a five star hotel by any means but it did what we needed. We stayed for one night because we were going to Loretta Lynn's plantation. Don't really justify paying $100.00 for a 12 hour stay I guess. Save $60.00, buck up and think logically. :-)

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed January 5, 2012

very accommodating and friendly staff...overall great stay!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kaRnS T
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Poor. Terrible. Believe me. I am over 60. I've never stayed in a worse room. Please please don't do it! If anyone rates this a 5..they have low standards. I rate it a negative 10.. It should be condemned. This is just my opinion November 2011.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank davidntracybahn
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Every trip we made always stayed at knights inn. This one was unique, it was just felt like home. all the staff was very friendly. bed was so comfortable, slept like a baby. We will definately stay here everytime time we'll pass by. Log cabin resturent was good, food was excellent. Ferpect stay. We paid $45, so much worthed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2011

While on a cross country drive I seldom plan ahead for my lodging, and stop when I feel like it. Last week it was in Hurricane, Tennessee. There were a number of places there, but I chose the Knights Inn, since it had a restaurant next door. The room was cheap enough at $40 plus $5 tax ($45) but no bargain. There were only about six other guests there. The place had not been maintained for a number of years, the brown carpet was stained and I was afraid to walk on it in bare feet. The bed was good enough, and I got enough sleep, and did not wake up with any vermin eating me. All in all, I wish I had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank captainmcd
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Room smelled,mold on bathroom wall,2 holes in ceiling,chair broken I almost fell in the floor.Large hole above toilet like someone punched it.Weather stripping missing on door.Stains on pillow and wall above bed that appeared to be blood.Small bugs crawling under bedspread about the size of fleas.Refused to give us refund and refused to inspect room with us.We were here to visit terminally ill uncle and had to leave this hotel due to these issues.Would not recommend this place to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed: September 2010