“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Franklin, Wisconsin
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Log Cabin has great homemade food. They did tell us 20 minute wait for the fried chicken and it was worth the wait. I wish I would of had room for a pie, they looked good. The table next to us said they were very good and they couldn't finish them due to the size.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Plk47

Houston, Texas
“Great southern home cooking”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Prompt friendly service, good southern home cooking. My wife and I stopped at the Log Cabin on 7/10/12 for lunch. We were drving from Knoxville to Memphis and the timing was right for a lunch break. We had stopped for pie here several years ago and wanted to try the meals. We were not disappointed. The country ham was very good as were the sides (green beans, mashed potatoes, and baked apples). My wife had the vegetable plate (cabbage, turnip greens, fried okra, and masked potatoes and gravy. The okra was a little tough, but the rest were very good. We will definitely stop again when we are in the area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank CLTexasTraveler
Linden, Tennessee
“good country cooking”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When I don't want to cook supper, I ask my husband if he's ready for some calf liver. That's what he always orders when we go, because I won't cook it for him. He LOVES The Log Cabin! I've eaten several items from the menu and have never been disappointed. The servers are friendly, although the owner--who is usually at the register--is NOT. Several times I've told my husband, "I'm not giving him more business. We are not coming back here to that sullen, grouchy, man's restaurant." But my desire for good food without having to cook liver has always overruled my intentions. Since The Log Cabin is located on I-40, it is somewhat over priced, but I can't resist.

Visited March 2012
“Great steaks”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Typical southern fried food. I don't usually eat fried anything but I did try the fried green tomatoes which were excellent. I had a very good salad with grilled chicken. My boyfriend had a steak which was as good as any you would get in a high priced steak house. He said it was the best steak he ever had!

“Clean restaurant with good home cooking!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I'll admit I picky when I travel. I usually stick to chains for familiarity.

Took a chance based on others reviews.
Deep fried chicken breast was awesome. Sides were great too.
I would dine again.