“Clean, friendly, beautiful room”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wow..great Holiday Inn Express. Kids loved it, food was excellent, pool was great, room was spotless and beautiful! The staff was courteous and friendly..A+!
Had to drive a bit off of the highway to get there, but was completely worth it. We were stopping for the night between a return trip from FL to IL. I was thrilled with this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenpape
GMHeather, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. Our staff works hard to make your stay enjoyable and reviews like this keep us going in the right direction. We appreciate the time you took to make this review and we hope that your quick visit to Chattanooga will bring you back our way.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This Holiday Inn in Hixson is only fifteen minutes from Lookout Mountain and other areas around Chattanooga, TN. There is a large mall nearby with numerous eating places. My favorite is Panera's which is easy to get to and back out to the hotel. The rooms were well kept and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast area has lots of choices and the breakfast staff go out of there way to serve you. It was a real treat to stay there on two different occasions. It may not be Rocky Top, TN but it's close.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a bad room. The closer to the front you are likely to have more nois...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GMHeather, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

We're so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We're happy to hear that our location was just perfect for you and that all the amenities you needed were just a hop skip and a jump away. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our friendly town.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family was vacationing and found this gem of a place to stay. The hotel is great! Free breakfast! Super nice employees especially the ladies who work the breakfast buffet who went out of there way to make my family's stay special! Great prices! Great pool for kids! And the best part about it is its location! We went to Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, The Zoo, to the Train Museum, and the Aquarium. All of this is within 15 minutes of the hotel. All of the bigger higher prices hotels are on the other side of Chattanooga...why would you ever stay there...STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to local attractions. The staff is very friendly and helpful - they printed out our ticket voucher for us when the business center ran out of toner in the printer. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breaksfast had a nice variety and a clean, comfortable dining area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rehaab
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Jake. He was very helpful to my sister and me when we stayed last week. He was friendly, personable and always willing to offer assistance. It was nice to have such friendly service under the circumstances. We were in town to visit our grandmother who is very ill. It was nice to come home each evening to a friendly face and a clean, comfortable hotel room. Breakfast was good too and the dining staff very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela A
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hixson hotel - two weeks durning the first week 8/20-23 I found the the tread mill with a broken belt. I notified the manager on duty the eveing of the 20th. I fuond it taped together the next day,
I guess the hotel has good insurance or has never heard of accidents on tread mills when a belt breaks
When I checked out the 23rd I made a point of asking the manager onduty if the tread mill would be fixed before monday when I returned. I was assured it would be - WRONG

When I checked in on the monday the 27th I found the treadmill as it was Thursday. I went to the desk and asked the manager about it - she very sarcasitily asked if it would go up or down - I explained the taped belt - her anwser was that was the fix in a very arrorant maner. I asked why i was lied to all she said was it was fixed.

I attempted to do my expense report for the week of the 20th and found the hotel had charged me twice on my AMX. I went ot the desk that afternoon and raised the issue with the desk clerk who couldn't fix it so she got Sherrie. Sherrie came out loaded for war and planning on putting me (the customer) in my place. She refused to listen even when I asked her to listen - if she had she may have undeerstood. she sarcasticly asked for a number to contact AMX and was taken back when I supplied it. later there was a very sarcastic message on the phone from Sherrie that AMX wouldn't let her fix it.

I call AMX and was told the the hotel had charged me twice (not the hold Sherrie kept refering to) and they would investigate and get the money back - I asked them to call Sherrie and let her know hoping she would learn something

as a manager Sherrie needs some training in how to treat people and how to listen to customers

The hotel has signs posted asking customers to rate them "very satisfied" saying they would fix the issue if a customer wasn't very satisfied. if they have any hope of meeting that promise they need to get thier managers some basic training on how to treat people respectively .

the housekeeping and breakfast staff were very nice and deserve 5 stars -unfortunitly the management drags down thier performance to less than 1 star.

I travel alot for business and try to stay at Holliday in expresses - needless to say I will have to rethink that position at least for this particular hotel.

Steve Giles

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank sprgiles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear sprgiles,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the manager may have caused. We will follow up with the management to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have traveled with our teens all along the eastern coast for the past six years and this was the best hotel yet! The entire staff was wonderful to our whole group from the moment we arrived! The rooms were large, clean and the breakfast was fantastic! We would recommend that you stay here whenever you are in Chattanooga! They were conveniently located to all attractions and ALL their staff gave us outstanding customer service day and night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hixson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson
Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown
The Chattanoogan
The Chattanoogan
#8 of 96 in Chattanooga
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson? Share your experiences!