Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
arizona
“Homey and Suite”
Reviewed March 9, 2008

The staff was fantastic. The rooms were clean and spacious. This was a really nice hotel for our family. We were very pleased with everything.
Great Place to stay!

• Liked — Clean...it was clean!
  • Disliked — No turn down service with chocolates on my pillow. :)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sparta
Reviewed September 19, 2007

A friend and I stayed here Sept 15 '07 because we are attending classes @ chattanooga state and it is close. It was terrible! The bed SHEETS HAD BLOOD ON THEM all the way through to the mattress! When we called the desk we were told to come get our own clean sheets and we could change the bed ourselves!!! Then when we pulled out the sleeper sofa and unrolled the mattress it had chicken wings and french fries from long ago stuck on the mattress!!! The shower had lots of BLACK MOLD growing in it and smelled musty! It was just nasty for a lack of better words!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone for any reason!! And it isn't very old there is just no excuse for that kind of filth!! Disappointed from
Sparta, TN

• Liked — ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brax_7397
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
I would like to take this time to let you know that the hotel is under new management. We value your opinions and would like to extend my apologies regarding your past experience at the hotel. We hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future and believe you will find your next stay with us a pleasure.

Travelers are raving about these Hixson hotels

Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We took our son to Chattanooga for his 2nd birthday. I chose the Country Inn and Suites because of previous experience (positive) with the brand. The property is hard to spot from the main road. There is a small service road beside the IHOP that you take to get to the property.

Check-in went smoothly, the room was as promised, and I have no gripes with the property in itself. However, the management and staff leave something to be desired. On our first morning, we took advantage of the breakfast offered by the hotel. Don't get your hopes up in that area. Do-it-yourself waffles, a few kinds of sliced bread, apples, yogurt. They also have a few nasty microwave burritos. Juice, coffee, and a gas station cappuccino machine.

My husband, son, and I ate in the breakfast area. My son, being an active two-year-old, sat for about ten minutes, then started visiting with the few other patrons, all of whom were very friendly and happy to play with him. One of the staff members, on seeing this, came to me and told me that I needed to take him back to our room. Her tone of voice and attitude made it clear that this hotel is not "kid-friendly".

My husband spoke with the manager on duty (who had his shirt untucked and talked on his cell phone the entire time), who made excuse after excuse, saying that it was dangerous for the child to be "unsupervised" (never more than two feet from me), "against hotel policy" (not sure what policy that may be, and he couldn't tell us), and finally saying that he had received a complaint. However, he couldn't be specific in what the complaint was... we drew our own conclusions.

To wrap up, the property is nice, clean, and in a safe area of town. But if you have small children, believe me, you aren't welcome there.

• Liked — It's clean!
  • Disliked — Management's attitude towards small children
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here if you have children.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank C.Hardin
here & there
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Two days prior to our visit I had been assured we'd have a king bed, fridge and microwave oven in our smoking room. After working a 12 hour day and a 1+ hour drive in the rain, we checked in, got to our room and the king bed was the ONLY thing we had been promised. The desk clerk was arrogant, rude and proclaimed it was not possible he had made a mistake, even though HE was the one I had spoken with the previous evening (to confirm our room).

This was to be a long term stay (4-6 wks), but we made other arrangements and checked out the following day.

The premises were nice, but a bit hard to find on a rainy night. The continental breakfast was more than many places and everything appeared to be clean; however, the problems with our reservations and attitude of the front desk clerk makes it impossible for me to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank DunThat10
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed June 23, 2006

First, we had an overall excellent stay at this hotel. It is extremely hard to locate as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how old this inn is, but I thought it had just been opened when we walked in. Everything just looked new. The staff was nice and very helpful in locating the property and locating a place to have dinner afterward. Our room and bathroom was immaculate.

This is the first Country Inn & Suites I have ever been too that didn't have a hot tub/spa in the pool area. They just have a larger pool.

They did keep the floor we were on rather chilly, but that was a plus to me I like it cooler.

We just stayed overnight had our breakfast, which was good and were on our way, easy checkout no hassles. If you don't need a hot tub/spa this hotel has all the other stuff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank tjrust
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2006

Very nice place and good value for the money. Clean, still smells new when you walk in. Hard to find the entrance at night--the access road connects with the nearby IHOP parking lot.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Anniston, AL
Reviewed June 25, 2005

Seven of us traveled to Tennessee and met at this new hotel for a family get together. The staff was helpful and friendly, allowing us to use the breakfast room (in the afternoon) for an impromptu birthday party. At night we gathered around the rocking chairs outside on the front porch and talked for an hour or so -- as if we were at someone's house! It was all quite comfortable and we felt very welcome to be there. This hotel offers fresh, hot-out-of-the-oven cookies at the front desk. Before we all went to our separate rooms at bedtime, we grabbed some of those cookies and headed into the breakfast room. We joked to the manager, "Where's the milk?" He promptly asked if we wanted two-percent or fat free, and then brought it out for us. We can't imagine finding better customer service anywhere else. The next morning, we actually used the breakfast room for breakfast and it was excellent fare with lots of choices, including cappucino and homemade waffles that were cooked to perfection. It was a great weekend stay.

Stayed June 2005
6 Thank MacTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hixson
Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Address: 5000 New Country Dr, Hixson, TN 37343-4877
Location: United States > Tennessee > Hixson
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn Hixson