“Excellent customer service and amenities”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Guest Service Manager on duty when my husband and I stayed here was excellent. She made sure all of our needs were met and didn't stop until we we satisfied in every way. Our room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfasts were always hot and plentiful! It was very quiet too! We could not have had a better experience. Also the location was very convenient to Chattanooga. We highly recommend this establishment!

Room Tip: I enjoyed staying near the lobby but there is an elevator if you stay upstairs and the whole place w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
rpouncy, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Marquita Barnes and she was honored that you mentioned her by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Rene' Baker

Reviewed June 19, 2012

As always, the Country Inn & Suites in Hixson took care of me and my staff for a week, with courteous service and great amenities. The room was perfect, staff was responsive and the breakfast was great.

Thanks for everything!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank racedragonboats
rpouncy, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you so much for the positvie review. We welcome our dragon boat guest each year. It's and awesome event and we are proud to be a part of it.

Rene' Baker

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for four nights and thought the room and hotel in general was very clean and the staff were courteous. The beds were very comfortable and the suite was great when you needed room for our large family that often came in for a drink after dinner. This hotel is located really close to shopping, eating and a gas station on the corner even if it is set off to the side--thank goodness for GPS! The issues we had were not major but put a damper on our experience. We paid more than other hotels in the area and DID NOT get the extras we were looking forward too.

First was the free breakfast. I love staying at a hotel with complimentary breakfast and this has a nice room to eat in the morning. I don't think I could have taken a fifth day eating there however. On Saturday and Sunday they were completely out of toast. I wasn't so miffed on Saturday because at least I had a bagel available.They said a tennis team had come early in the morning and ate all the bread! The second day there was no bread or bagels whatsoever and they had taken the time to make scrambled eggs and bacon! Don't know about you but I can't eat eggs & bacon without toast. I tried the fruit which looked wonderful but it was half frozen and really awful in taste. We started going to the Dunkin Donuts nearby for our coffee, because their brand was absolutely horrible. I am not fussy about my coffee but theirs really tastes bad. There was a station for homemade waffles which was really nice, but the way the food was set up had you walking all over the place looking for things that go together. They need the help of an industrial engineer or housewife to set up their buffet. Butter should also be by the toast, not only in the hall with the waffles. Milk should be close to the cereal, and you should'nt have to walk all over looking for everything, which you had to do. Then on Sunday no one came in to clean our room or refresh our towels! We had gotten in late Sunday night, and they were very gracious in coming in to deliver our towels we needed in the morning. SInce there were four of us girls who had lots of trash with bags from shopping we put our trash in the hall. I don't know that I'd stay here again, would probably try something else based on the horrible food and the fact I picked the most expensive hotel in the area to get mediocre service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

our stay was great we were in for a wedding and latoya, val, and bradon were very helpful with our every need! we were showed that famous southern hospitality!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Booked in for 3 nights. Our first room suffered from a noisy vibration akin to a freight engine just outside the window at 730pm. Despite promise this would cease when the kitchen closed at 9pm it didn't so we were transferred to a jacuzzi room at 11pm. This was quieter, but we soon discovered the carpet was sodden around the bath due to a water leak from the ceiling. As it was now 1130 pm we mopped up with some towels but were awoken at 630am by noisy drips,fortunately mainly into the bath, from the ceiling. A transfer was arranged for lunchtime into a third more satisfactory room, although the carpet was badly stained. Breakfast was overcrowded as seating area was too small for size of hotel, with very limited availability of food each day. Never any milk for the cereals and limited hot food. Staff tried to be helpful, but were constrained by both the poor design of the public areas and the poor maintenance apparent in several areas. We made a private complaint to the manager after we left, but received an inadequate response. We would be very wary of staying here again,but if you do, take care to choose your room carefully - the ends of the corridors seem better than the central areas, but do ask about possible noise and vibration. First time we had used this chain, using Club Carlson points earned elsewhere. Never again, as we have used several other equivalent chains that have all been considerably better.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

First of all, the front desk was not seasoned at all towards hospitality. When I checked in, she did not even tell me or instruct me on how to get to my room. I had made a prior arrangement to possibly get an upgrade via their website for a Jacuzzi for $8.00. I was not able to get that room. So why did I even bother?? The front desk young lady was sweating profusly while checking me in and she was wiping her sweat away using the collar of her white shirt!!. Got to room, room was dirty. This is just a substandard hotel. This hotel does not have a jacuzzi or a sauna in their pool room. The hotel is very hard to find. It is literally behind buildings and hard to get to from the highway. The pool is nice though and you can tell it is maintained. It is warm which was a plus. Would I stay here again? No. The first impression was just not good. No "seasoned" hospitality clerks. Which could have made a world of difference.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aspertame
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here with my sons 14yr old basketball team and was quite surprised. I generally stay at Hilton properties and was a little leery when it was announced we were staying here. First off, the staff was awesome. They handled the young men like pros and didn't make us feel like we were a burden...easier said than done! The rooms were spacious and clean. Only issue was the bedspread seemed clean but had quite a few stains. Cookies are put out in the lobby in the evening...always a highlight! The property provided quick access to downtown and there were several restaurants close by...including a Starbucks! They do offer a free breakfast which was nto quite the highlight of the visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank atlirish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hixson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson
Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153

Address: 5000 New Country Dr, Hixson, TN 37343-4877
Location: United States > Tennessee > Hixson
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Price Range: $97 - $142 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn Hixson