“Horrible Night's Sleep - Poor Beds, Pillows, & Comforter”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Reviewed September 29, 2013

All aspects of the hotel were excellent EXCEPT for the extremely uncomfortable bed, comforter, and pillows. The bed was too soft, but this perception may be due to the fact I enjoy a firmer bed. The comforter was the MAJOR problem. It was lumpy, uncomfortable to lie under, and extremely hot. The first night of our stay, the air conditioner thermostat was set at 72-degrees, and we were extremely hot under the comforter. Both of us in each bed only slept under the sheet. The second night of our stay, I set the air conditioner thermostat at 58-degrees. Although the room was like a meat locker, we were able to sleep under the comforter. Bed spreads and blankets as Hampton Inns previously used were a better option for bedding. The pillows started as full and fluffy, but under the weight of one’s head, became flat and uncomfortable causing morning neck stiffness and discomfort. In the past, I have only stayed in Hampton Inns. If all Hampton Inns now use the same type of beds and bedding supplies, I shall use another hotel chain the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kiran p, Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms and are sorry to hear you were not comfortable in our bedding. We will keep your comments in mind as we look towards future improvements and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Kiran Patel

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This Hampton Inn is always one of my highlights as I travel and stay in hotels across the state. Clean, friendly and dependable. The sales staff are also very helpful for setting up meetings here - ask for Mark Smisor.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kiran p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hi Mr Short,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am realy glad that you enjoy staying at this hotel and appreciate your business. I will look forward to seeing you again in your future travels to Chattanooga.
Kiran Patel GM

Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a stay last week for three days, two nights in a row roaches were crawling on the walls in room 315 and had to be killed by me. After checkout I decided I would go ahead and provide private feedback to Hilton for the situation since this is a serious problem they need to be aware of.

The General Manager (Kiran P who is replying to these) basically placed responsibility on me in email for not bringing it the attention of the front desk so they could move me to another room. Then he apologized again for "any pest issues that might have occurred" and welcomed me to stay again.

I was given the standard we have maintenance personnel standing by and a pest control contract however anyone who knows anything about roaches, where there is one, there are many and its likely not just one room. I could have checked out and dealt with the hassle of finding another room but there was an event going on and things were filling up when I made this reservation and didn't want to risk it or deal with the hassle. I did not ask for any compensation nor do I want any simply a thank you for bringing it to my attention and sincere apology while being accountable would have been adequate. The Hotel expects its guests to be aware of the cleanliness of the hotel instead of being accountable and owning this key part of the service they provide.

In all my years of travel I have never encountered this type of an issue, nor would I expect it at a property under this badge with this cost. This is what you hear about at those "motels" you don't want to stay at. Sure we walk into a room that didn't get cleaned or is missing towels and the little bar of soap. It happens.

They serve a continental breakfast and snacks at night and there was no way I was going to eat there. This is the biggest concern I have with it.

The management at this hotel has an issue, and in my opinion its at the leadership level for not owning their duties and trying to be cheap and skimp on the essentials instead of treating matters seriously. There are a few other complaints on here with fleas, smokers, etc. If you have this type of problem in your hotel you are not taking care of the essential duties of cleanliness and preventative measures.

This is direct reflection of leadership and if its values are aligned with the values of Hilton and Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, consider downtown only a few minutes away there are much better properties to choose f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
kiran p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation appropriately. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Kiran

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a nice stay at the Hampton Inn in Hixson, TN. The hotel was clean and the location was handy for our purposes. The breakfast was nice with several options. Check-in was quick and they had our information ready so the process was easy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kiran p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hi Emily

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with this hotel and realy appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again in your future travels to Chattanooga.

Thanking you,
Kiran Patel

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I don't usually review the hotels I stay at, but I thought this one needed a review. The staff was great and very accommodating. The hotel from the outside was okay. I thought it was odd that the pool backed up next to residential housing and they didn't have any well thought out landscaping to try to improve the situation for either the hotel guests or the residential neighbors. The off-putting part of our stay was the dirty carpeting. Our kids socks were black after running around for 1/2 hr. The rooms are okay but are in need of some updates. All in all, not a terrible stay, but it could be a nice hotel with a few changes and a regular cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
kiran p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hi Robert Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at plans to renovate.I apologise for any inconvenience and would like to thank you for choosing Hampton.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff and accommodations were excellent. Check-in was fast and efficient. However the entire hotel is saturated with the smell of cigarette smoke. My wife has asthma and I am an ex smoker so we could not stay the entire night. The lady at the check-in counter was very friendly and professional and thankfully gave us a refund at 1AM as we went to find another hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paul I would like to thank you for your comments. I am so sorry of the cigarrette smell and that you were not satisfied with your stay. I have taken action to improve the air quality in the hotel.I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope that your future stays with our hotel will be better. Again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was an older facility but very clean. Staff helpful. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend. Easy to find and close to a lot of other businesses. Complimentary breakfast the usual thing with waffle maker and cereal, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte W
kiran p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments Charlotte. We are pleased to hear that you were very happy with your recent stay at our Hampton and we hope to see you again in your futue travels to Chattanooga. Thank you for choosing Hampton.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hixson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson? Share your experiences!