“modern, clean, comfortable for a fair price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson

Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Washington, DC
“modern, clean, comfortable for a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I spent two nights at the Hampton and were very satisfied. The facility is well cared for, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were large, comfortable and with excellent A/C during a heat wave. Buffet breakfast is a bit above the standard fare for this type of hotel in that there was a limited hot line of eggs, bacon and waffles. The location is perfect if you want to spend your time north of the river but it is a quick drive into the city if needed. I highly recommend for a excellent basic room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nana_JP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

As others have written, this is a typical Hampton Inn that is undergoing some renovations. As far as the room goes, I have some positives and one negative: Positives: Nice bed, refrigerator in room, big bathroom, wireless internet worked well. Negative: Although I was on the 2nd floor, which was non-smoking, I could still smell smoke. It wasn't too bad, but definitely noticeable at times.

What makes this Hampton Inn good is the people that work there. I can't recall anyone I encountered that wasn't exceedingly nice. There was plenty of southern hospitality on display. For example, I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 in the morning, which is 5 hours before normal check-in. I planned to use the wireless internet in the breakfast area for a little while before I went somewhere for lunch. The lady at the front desk said it was fine for me to do that, but she would also see if there was a room available that I could check in to early. Although I told her that was not necessary, she made it happen for me. I had no expectation of that happening when I stopped in, so that was a very pleasant surprise. During the stay, several of my co-workers and I were working a night-shift schedule, which meant we would be sleeping during the day when the rooms are normally cleaned. The front desk and housekeeping staff agreed to clean the rooms late in the evenings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Most places we go are not that agreeable to doing something like that. I'll be checking in to the Hampton Inn-Hixson next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jonjovi
Bradenton, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

Not a bad stay. Typical Hampton. Good breakfast, very nice staff (they looked up my Hilton Honors number for me). A lot of renovation taking place, but we still had a lot of room to eat breakfast.

Hotel did not feel particularly clean, but it could have been the construction. No big complaints, but it didn't wow my socks off, either.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BarefootTom
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

I agree with a previous reviewer about the "thin walls". To this I would add peeling wall paper, dirty rooms, dingy decor, and a front desk person with an entitled attitude. I've had worse experiences on the road, but these usually involved bad weather and a leaky tent. Best advice for travellers....keep driving.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

I made reservations with this hotel and was informed the cost for 2 nights would be $116.08 per night for a TOTAL COST of $232.16.Today, I looked online at my checking account and see that this fine establishment billed me $266.82 on 08/14/2010 for a difference of $34.82! Of course, not knowing or being informed for this extra amount, I called and talked to April. I asked about the difference on my receipt, which states a $0.00 balance when I checked out. She asked me did I make the reservations on a debit or credit card, to which I told her it was a little late to be asking me this now that they have already withdrawn funds from my bank. I tried to tell her that this should have been asked when I made the reservations, but she just wanted to get me off the phone and told me to call back and talk to the mgr. Mr. Patel tomorrow morning. She told me the fee was for an incidental holding charge because I used a debit card. At this point, I let her know that I did not appreciate them withdrawing funds without my approval and then she hung up on me!! I called her back and she said I was yelling at her and this is why she hung up. Obviously, she, for all her 10 years of working in hotels, has never been yelled at! I was irritated and yes, I let her know that I would never stay there again. Never, did I yell at this front desk help. I don't appreciate any business that will withdraw funds from my account and hold these funds for 4-6 days as April stated! This is a tricky tactic to earn interest in their account, while these funds are on hold in their account. Yes, I will call the mgr. tomorrow. This hotel needs to train there people better, but from what I saw, I think is a family run business. The bed was comfortable, the TV is very outdated and the remote batteries needed to be replaced. I took some out of a flashlight to get me through the first night. I pressed the numbers for HBO, and nothing came up. Milk was warm and don't bother with the rubbery eggs and sausage or cold potatoes at the continental breakfast. Is orange juice suppose to be lumpy? The batter for the waffle was watered down, so we threw that away with the eggs and sausage. At least we got a complimentary USToday!! Wait, maybe they cover the cost of this with the holding charge of $34.82 on my funds since the day I first checked in! Never, ever will I stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenwood
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Hixson after a week of traveling. The Marriott Hotels had much better service. The staff at Hampton would not give us extra towels, or blanket or pillows. The room was purchased and three children listed on the reservation. The hotel staff stated that they did not have a key to get the blankets or pillows. They were completely unhelpful. We also heard a young child next door screaming all night, and as a result, had a terrible sleep. Would not recommend! P.S. Swimming pool was filthy. Filled with leaves and other debris. July People?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This hotel is by far the best hotel I have stayed at. The rooms are very nice and clean and the breakfast was just out of this world. I checked in on a weekend and there was a guy named Dilesh at the front desk...he helped me a whole lot from checking me in, to giving me directions to the local attractions, the housekeeping staff was also very good, one of my boys was sick and housekeeping did all they could to help and make us feel welcome at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The day I checked out I asked Dilesh how old is this property and he said about 12 years old. This hotel is so well kept that when we actually came to check in, we thought the hotel was only 3-4 years old. This is definatly worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hixson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chattanooga-Hixson
Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to Hampton Inn Chattanooga Hixson? Share your experiences!