“Bubble Bread... MMMM”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Got off to a slightly rough start... ordered a Diet Coke and they brought me a Diet Pepsi... without telling me that they served Pepsi products (it's not on the menu, either) Ugh!!! I can taste the difference. However the waitress apologized and brought me an ice tea without attitude. Hey, train your servers... Service 4 out of 5.

So ordered the "Bubble Bread" out of curiosity. It sounded like cheese toast, right? Well maybe that's what it is, but any negative feelings that the Diet Pepsi conjured were erased with one bite of Bubble Bread. You are forgiven! it's like the lightest, moistest, garlic cheese Texas toast with a crisp exterior. I'd go back just for this. The bread served with dinner was awesome, too. Had to try it, just because the other was so amazing. On bread, 5 out of 5 stars.

They have a salad bar that has a good variety, including some stuff I don't care for like smoked oysters. Some of the vegetables are cut too big -- I don't like trying to use my steak knife to pare down dressing-laid veggies that won't fit in my mouth in one bite because I always wind up turning them into little clothes ruining missiles. However, it was the freshest salad bar I have ever experienced, it was if the veggies had just been cut up moments before I arrived. So it would be a 5 out of 5 except for my nit about the too large veggies, so it gets 4.8 out of 5.

Steak
I got a 6 ounce filet that I considered an excellent value, as it ranked right up there with Kayne Prime in terms of meat quality and flavor. It was a simple preparation that relied 100% on the meat and cooking technique and it was delicious. I ordered mine rare, a surprisingly difficult temperature for a lot of steak places, but it was cooked to perfection (or should I say not cooked...) I'd have liked to had some sauce choices on the menu for a little kick, but the absence of those did not diminish my enjoyment of the steak, so it's 5 out of 5.

I got the sweet potato side and it was fine.

There was a table of LOUD patrons there, which made it less than a romantic environment, more of a family steakhouse than a romantic retreat, but sitting by the fire was cozy and the entertainer they had was enjoyable, so the rowdy people only slightly diminished the ambiance. Really, should you have to be told by the restaurant staff that you are not in a sports bar? But it's hard to talk over music, too, and being right by the bar (where the fireplace is) it's a little loud. So atmosphere gets 4 out of 5.

Overall, can't beat it for the money if you are craving a good steak and don't want to overpay or fight the downtown parking/traffic/etc. Great place for business travelers that may be staying near the airport. You can have filet and a salad within the daily dinner allowance.

2  Thank 22Catbird

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here for years, going back to when it was a Peddler Restaurant. It is better now than it has ever been.The steaks and pork chops are great and the salad bar is as good as it gets. We love the atmosphere and great service.

2  Thank mwayneb536
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went on New Year's Eve and thank goodness they took reservations!! Place was packed but still had a good server and service. The steaks used to be a little more flavorful, with a seasoning?
Baked potato and bubble cheese bread was outstanding.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I agree with one of the other reviewers---Hope LISA the hostess/manager at the time is not working---she is so unprofessional and rude for someone that is suppose to greet customers. Furthermore my husband and I eat there often only because of the incredible server Daphne and another lady that has worked at the steakhouse for a long time. Otherwise the atmosphere and salad bar is really good.

4  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went for our anniversary last year. My husband had a steak w/salad bar. I had some soup & the salad bar. The steak was not great, and was expensive. My husband said that he'd rather get a $10 steak from Logans. The salad bar was nasty. Most of the salad bar was from canned items. It seems like a great steakhouse for old people who don't want to drive far & don't care about the money they're spending. I do not recommend.

2  Thank Jilan F