“Forgotten” 3 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Hermitage
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Forgotten”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I went to dinner solo. The dining room was busy. There were many people in front of me. The hostess recommended that I sit at an open table in the bar area to avoid waiting for a table in the dining room. So, I took her advice and so did the couple in front of me. The couple sat at a table next to me, they were greeted immediately and I was not. While I watched the couple receive their drinks and then appetizers, I sat patiently while servers continued to walk by me. Every time I tried to get a servers attention, it didn’t work. I felt invisible. I would have left, but I wanted a steak and didn’t feel like searching the town for another restaurant and waiting in line somewhere else. As I stood up and started walking to the bar a waiter saw me and came over. Nothing was said about my wait. I hate when people make a scene, but think it’s important to share to my experience to other guests. The server took my order and I finally got my steak.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mike_finds_the_best

Nashville, Tennessee
“Food is pretty good - typical chain steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good food, but nothing special. Just your typical chain steakhouse... The service is usually pretty good and the food tastes good, but if you want something more unique, there are better choices just down the road (Hermitage Steakhouse).

Visited May 2013
“Good food - nice selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Steak special is a real bargain as is steak and shrimp combo. Love the bread and seconds are always offered with a smile.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent Reataurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for my sister in law's birthday party... Hillary S was our waitress and she was training a new waiter. They both did an excellent job! Food was amazing and Service was exceptional. They even brought out the cake lit for is and made it an excellent birthday party. Thank you!

• Visited July 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Staff Makes this Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I traveled from MD for a college visit. It's an Outback so the food is pretty similar to others, the steaks and bloomin' onion were good but the vegetables were overcooked to the point of being soggy. So as far as food it was 3/5. But the service was excellent. We waited about 20 minutes on a Friday night (7:00-7:30) to be seated which I thought was fair. When we got to our table our server Tina M. was cheerful and attentive but she was not alone. During our visit we were visited by at least 3 different waitstaff offering refills and assistance all of which were extremely courteous. A pleasant surprise for an Outback and definitely 5/5. So overall the service would bring us back here the next time we visit Nashville.

• Visited March 2013