“Oh no ” 1 of 5 stars

Vista Inn & Suites Airport East
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
“Oh no ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We were tired and rented a room for the night. Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, light bulbs burned out, just a place to sleep. Hopefully car will not be broken into. Shampoo in little packets, one tiny bar of soap. I am not about to take a bath in that tub. As I said just a place to sleep.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pasadena, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at The Vista Inn. We've been doing some traveling lately so we have had our share if bad hotels but this was by far the worst. When we got here we paid $70.75 for a room. When we went to the room the girl at the front desk gave us it was still being cleaned and not at all what we asked for. We went back to the front desk and the girl realized she had accidentally given us the wrong room. No biggie. She put us in our correct room which was what we asked for. The floors are hard wood which I Luke cause hotel carpets can be nasty. We had no microwave which was advertised as being in every room. The tub didn't drain so while showering the tub filled with water. We went to get dinner when we came back our key no longer worked so we made another trip to the front desk where we were ignored for 5 minutes while the guy at the front desk argued on the phone. He gave us a new key. We walked back to our room. The sun had started to go down which now brought out the shady people who began to walk the parking lot, hang out by the Stairs and smoke weed, or stand on the balconies and drink beer and all around make me feel uncomfortable. The cleanliness of the room wasn't horrendous but it could've been better. Was very disappointed especially since I've paid $50 for a way better room. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Hermitage hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Reservation counter via travelnow.com made these reservations for us over the phone assuring us it was a safe place to stay. Obviously since we were on the phone with them we did not have an opportunity to see these reviews but I am certain they did and they assured us it was a nice place. It was so disgusting we turned around and left. Don't trust the reservation counter to make arrangements for you they wouldn't even refund our money after we sent pictures.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Taylorsville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Sleeping in our car would have been a better option than this "horribly nasty place"!!
Every hotel close to Nashville was booked for 8/31/2013 & we needed a room so we took it.
In hind sight, I would have paid triple some where else just to have been able to sleep in a nice, clean room! I did not walk in this room with out my shoes being on!

It stunk, it was filthy, I found hair in the bathroom floor, in the bed, on the pillows, the floor had NOT been vacuumed (toenail clippings under side of bed, dirt etc all over) nothing had been dusted or wiped down. I Found A Bug On One Of The Sheets!! There was at least a 1/2 inch gap under the door! We were afraid to even try the cont. breakfast after the horrible condition of the room so I am no help there. I know that if either of my kids would have been with us, I would have just lost my $ & went to another town with a hotel that had an acceptable room!
I have added pictures to back up my statements!
This is absolutely the Worse hotel I have Ever been in ...... BeWare!!!!

Room Tip: Run! Go Some Where Else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

. Not knowing the area, we went online to find a room. We were sadly disappointed that the couple of good reviews we saw from the past were outdated. Our room had no outlet covers. The hotel itself was dirty. The signs posted did not even make sense. The breakfast advertised did not have any variety. Hope you like waffles or cereal. That is all that is offered. We did not even shower there due to the condition of the room. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
OSD, Operations Support Director at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. It is obvious that we failed to meet your expectations. This surprises me because we have almost finished our renovations of the property. I believe we must have mistakenly put you in an unrenovated room. We have a 100% guest satisfaction policy. I wish I had the opportunity to speak to you and correct the issues that you mentioned why you were here. I am sure we could have made your stay very good. Again I do apologize, and I hope when you're in our area again. You will give us another chance. Thank you
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a general manager of a business so I know how frustrating it is to get customer complaints. There are some complaints tho that we as managers can learn from.
This motel is by far the worst I have ever stayed at. I travel a lot and I have never ever paid for a stay and left the same night. When I first pulled on the lot there was a group of african americans fighting, a car with the tires flat and cobwebs all around it, so obviously it has been junked there for awhile, and trash and cats all over the place. I had already paid and thought why judge a book by its cover....but upon stepping it it smelled like urine , there was a roach on the wall, and the bathroom had pubic hairs everywhere. The toilet also had poop on the outside of the bowl.
When I pulled back the covers of one bed, there was spots of blood and hair on one bed and 2 bugs. The second bed had 1 bug and hair.
So I called the front desk and they refused my money back so I left and am now staying at a different hotel. Unless they can give me my refund and that they will fix these problems for others then
I will be turning them in to the health department and better business bru.
I should have read the rest of these reviews before I purchased a stay, because not only myseld having these issues...but yet everytime the manager says the same thing about changing. Nothing has changed
Thanks for your time and God bless

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
OSD, Owner at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
first, I must apologize for the condition and the experience that you incurred at the property. There is no excuse for what you encountered in your room. I wish I had the opportunity to correct what you experienced why you are here. We try very hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations and obviously we failed miserably with you. I have a 100% guarantee policy and I am sure that I could have met all your expectations. Had I only known again I do apologize, and I hope you will give us another try.

Snay Patel
Newburgh, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a non cancelable rate. We drove up, saw some "questionable business dealings between people" and what could only be described as an "alleged prostiute finding employment." My children were terrified, and we decided by the look of the hotel and the people loitering there we could not put our family in this hotel. My husband had called in advance and talked with someone at the front desk who assured us this hotel was safe and appropriate for families, and it proved to be anything but that. We caught nashville at a time when literally every hotel was booked, so when I say this was the last resort, I mean the last resort. The displayed rate was 44.95 but the rack room rate we were charged was a whopping 189 after tax. Make no mistake I never walked into the actual room that I fully paid for that night.. Granted I was charged in full for my stay, I never slept there, nor would I ever ever sleep there. I have never in my life paid for a room and not ever walked in the door of my room, this place was the exception as safety and cleanliness were priceless compared to the dump that is this hotel. My only tip to anyone thinking of staying here is to continue driving or simply sleep in your car. I have never ever written a review even close to this review and always try to find positives to review in a place, but this drug dealing roach motel leaves absolutely nothing but a memory of the worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank travelmomof5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Motel 6 Nashville - Airport
#109 of 154 in Nashville
3.0 of 5 stars 64 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Airport East? Share your experiences!