“Clean & great value.”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Cairns, Australia
“Clean & great value.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were very satisfied with this hotel, It was clean, had a functional kitchen and good quality WI-FI.
We had to drive to downtown Nashville, the public transport is apparently not reliable so we didn't bother with it.
The location is the only let down, however for the price we can't complain as anything in downtown Nashville was well out of our budget,
There is a bar within walking distance to the hotel which was cheap and a nice local place, there is also plenty of eating options around.
Overall, very happy with this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JLK2222
HJ16520, Public Relations Manager at Suburban Lodge Hermitage, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete and online review we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Alabama
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We arrived a couple of hours early and our room was not ready yet and there was a gentleman filling in while the clerk was at lunch who was very friendly and gave us directions to some things we could do in the meantime.When we finally got to check in, the clerk was also friendly and our room was very clean. It was small but comfortable for the two of us. We do plan to visit again in the future and will definitely stay here again and have also been referring others to stay if they are ever in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teg1977
Thank you for taking the time to complete and online review of our hotel we know you have many options in this area and we are glad that you stayed with us.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This place is a nice hotel, if you are someone that is turned off by non-modern decor then this is not for you. This place was perfect for our needs, the start of moving my Mom home from TN to CT. It has a fridge, stove, microwave, all the items you need to make food in the room. Clean rooms, quiet atmosphere. They even let us park the huge moving truck and car trailer "unofficially" on the road near them that is kinda hidden from the main road. They gave us a room that allowed us to just look out the window and check on the truck. Great rate, straightforward and provided a great start to our long journey!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank VolvoBug
Thank you for taking the time to complete and online review of the hotel.
Atlanta
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I needed to stay in Hermitage for an extended stay for business. After calling around to the local hotels for rates, I found cheaper hotels. Once I arrived in the area and drove the other hotels, I decided it was worth the extra cost to have an interior hotel with a kitchenette and dining table rather than a regular, drive up to the door, room with a micro/frig. The hotel is a little aged, but the accommdations for my needs were perfect. I found Jackie and her staff very helpful and responsive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for extended stay in the Nashville area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank S S
Thank you for completing and online review of our hotel we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I went down to Nashville for a carpet cleaning convention. Rooms associated with the convention were $99. I felt that was a bit high, so I looked around. I found this at $26 a night. That rat comment in another review almost had me pass on this place. I talked to some local carpet cleaners (ones who were going to the convention, but staying at their own homes) & they said while they never stayed at the place, they knew about it & it probably didn't have rats all over.

I went ahead & booked the room. I drove down there, so I took some of my cleaning equipment with me just in case. I was prepared for the worst. I shouldn't have been. The room was clean. Both the carpets & mattress was just fine. I can also clean mattresses. Every hotel I stay in, not just this one, I clean the mattresses before I sleep in them. The stuff that comes out of some of these mattresses is often disgusting. That wasn't the case here. Odds are that this hotel has less bedbugs, dustmites, etc than at your own home.

I can't say for sure that there was no rat from the other poster. I do have doubts though. If you see the way the hotel is set up, it's not the type of area that's going to be over run with rodents. Unless the rat was going to rent a room & stay there for awhile, there really isn't anywhere for him to go. Which also means unless he just happened on the place, he had a long journey to get there. There's no woods nearby, but yet it isn't an urban setting either. Yes rats can get anywhere. I get that much. There's some settings that are more condusive for em than others though.

I'm not saying that this is a 5 star hotel. The following might be a reason you don't want to stay, but I have doubts about rats. None of these mattered to me. They might to you though. There is no tub. There's only a shower. The tv is on the small side & isn't HD. You'll have to take your sheets & towels to the desk if you want clean ones. I did that 1 time in 5 days. I don't need new sheets every day. If you're flying in, you'll probably want to rent a car if you stay here. It's a few miles from Nashville. 10-20 or so depending on where you're going. Taxi rides could be expensive.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The price was right. I stayed a few extra days after the convention. I stayed there for 5 days for less than the others who stayed 2 did. The area it's in is safe, clean, & friendly people.

If I ever go to Nashville again, this is the exact place I'll be staying.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank GoWingsGoMichigan
Thank you for completing and online review of our property, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2010

After the Nashville flooding we were cancelled at our time share unit and picked Suburban Extended Stay at Hermitage during CMA Music Festival. We received the weekly rate because we were staying so many nights. I was apprehensive staying at a 2 star hotel and insisted I see the room before I agreed to check in. The front desk staff was pleasant and understood and quickly gave me a key. Although the furninshings were well worn everything was very clean. We loved the convenience of the partial kitchen. The bed was clean and comfortable. I had no bad experience here. Desk staff gladly exchanged towels daily for us with nice clean fresh linens. You can get daily housekeeping for an additional $10 but we were fine just exchanging towels daily. This is not a luxury resort but a clean modest hotel with no frills.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CMAfan_10
Thank you for taking the time to complete and online review of our hotel. We are working on updating the hotel and making it pleasant for all future guests.
Atlanta
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The hotel is perfect for extended stays... kitchen was clean and handy. Staff was excellent!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. We take pride in our staff and their customer service. We hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Quality Inn & Suites Mount Juliet
WoodSpring Suites Lebanon
Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
Sleep Inn Nashville Airport
Sleep Inn Nashville Airport
#80 of 155 in Nashville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East
Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville Airport

Been to Suburban Lodge Hermitage? Share your experiences!